GRE exam is conducted and administered by ETS year round in countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, etc. in over 100 countries and at more than 1600 centers. GRE is considered to be a paramount exam for every individual who dreams of joining grad schools and pursue their career in various masters and doctorate programs.
GRE Exam Dates
If you are also thinking of registering for GRE, then the question you will find face to face will be the test date. The perfect test time for booking the slot and the test center to appear at is the question that would be bothering you the most. There are many issues to bug you as booking a slot is one of the most complex issues for an aspirant.
GRE Test Dates Availability
GRE exam is conducted all-round the year at the various Prometric centers. Hence, the decision lies in the hands of the aspirant to choose the slot of GRE exam. But the exam for GRE is available in two different formats, and it is crucial for the candidate to make a clear decision of available GRE exam to take. These two formats are:
Let’s see the available options in both the test patterns:
- Computer-based GRE exam:
Computer-based GRE exam is the most standard exam pattern and open all-round the year. Since this exam can be taken at any time in more than 100 countries at more than 1600 centers, so the candidates appearing for GRE has an upper-hand in choosing the slot according to their needs and requirements. Points to take care of while choosing the center or test date for computer- based GRE exam:
- Computer-based GRE exam is available at all the Prometric centers as well as on some non-Prometric centers at some of the additional locations.
- The slot for GRE is filled at first come, first, serve basis. Hence, if you want to book a slot, making the decision quickly.
- Provide time for your score to reach your target universities. The official score of GRE takes approximately 10 to 15 days to arrive after taking the test. So, please allow some time for the schools to receive and process your score. Hence, booking the slot should consider this fact that after taking this test and receiving the score, still, you have enough time in hand before you hit the deadline and that your score reaches at least one week prior to the grad schools.
- GRE exam can be taken once every 21 days, to a maximum of five times in a year. Even if you have rejected your score, you can retake the test after 21 days.
- Paper-based GRE exam
Paper-based GRE exam is not as frequent as the computer-based exam. The paper-based exam has conducted a maximum of three times in a year in any country at various Prometric centers. In India paper-based exam is available at only seven centers and they are:
- Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad Int’l schools, 10805
- Bangalore, St. Josephs College Commerce, 10044
- Coimbatore, South India Textile Research Association, 10110
- Indian Inst. Of psychometry, Kolkata, 10097
- Mumbai Teachers Training College, Mumbai, 10091
- Michael’s senior schools, New Delhi, 10172
- BITS PILANI, 10485
The time taken to receive the score of paper-based GRE exam is approximately six weeks, so care should be taken while fixing a slot, so that the score can reach on time at the target universities before it hits the deadline.
Read also: How to Apply for GRE?
The paper-based exam can also be taken a maximum of five times in a year at a duration of 21 days from the previous attempt, according to the availability of the slot.
The option of choosing GRE depends ultimately on the student, but it is important that you don’t miss the deadline of your target university otherwise you will have to wait a complete year to apply.
Byjus will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at 08039513255, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.