MCQs on Computer Graphics
Solve Computer Graphics Multiple-Choice Questions to prepare better for GATE. If you wish to learn more about Computer Graphics and Computer Graphics MCQs, you can check notes, mock tests, and previous years’ question papers. Gauge the pattern of MCQs on Computer Graphics by solving the ones that we have compiled below for your practice:
Computer Graphics Multiple-Choice Questions
1. Read these three basic rules:
I. Slow-in and out
II. Squash and Stretch
III. Staging the action properly
The rules mentioned above are applicable in the case of:
d. All of the above
Answer: (b) Animation
2. _____________ is a technique that is used to approximate the halftones without the reduction of spatial resolution.
b. Error diffusion
d. None of the above
Answer: (a) Dithering
3. Out of the following, which one is NOT the basic primitive of the GKS (Graphics Kernel System)?
b. FILL AREA
Answer: (c) POLYDRAW
4. In the images, redundancy stems from:
a. pixel quantization
b. image size
c. pixel decorrelation
d. pixel correlation
Answer: (d) pixel correlation
5. Consider a window that is bounded by these lines : y = 0; x = 0; y = 3 and x = 5. If clipped against this window, the line segment joining the (-1, 0) and (4, 5) will connect the points will be:
a. (0, 1) and (3, 2)
b. (0, 1) and (4, 3)
c. (0, 1) and (3, 3)
d. (0, 1) and (2, 3)
Answer: (d) (0, 1) and (2, 3)
6. The three primary colors define which of these color models?
a. CMY and HSV
b. RGB and HSV
c. RGB and CMY
d. HSV and HLS
Answer: (c) RGB and CMY
7. A raster grid has XY-axes in the positive upward Y-direction and the positive X-direction with Xmin = –5, Xmax = 10, Ymin = 6, and Ymax = 11. The address of the memory pixel that has the location (5, 4) in raster grid would be (assuming the base address 1):
Answer: (a) 161
8. We rotate a point P (2, 5) by 60° about a pivot point (1, 2). The new transformed point P’ would be:
a. (– 4, 1)
b. (1, – 4)
c. (-1, 4)
d. (1, 4)
Answer: (c) (-1, 4)
9. Which of these is utilised for the process of boundary representation of the image objects?
a. Run length coding
b. Chain codes
d. Quad Tree
Answer: (b) Chain codes
10. Out of the following steps, which one is/are not required for the conversion of analog to digital?
(I) Sensing (II) Conversion (III) Amplification
(IV) Conditioning (V) Quantization
a. (I) and (I)
b. (III) and (IV)
c. (I), (I) and (V)
d. None of the above
Answer: (d) None of the above
11. ___________ is the refresh rate, and above it, a picture would stop flickering to fuses into a steady image:
a. Critically diffused frequency
b. Critical fusion frequency
c. Current frequency fusion
d. Crucial fusion frequency
Answer: (b) Critical fusion frequency
12. If we can distinguish 40 black lines that are interleaved with the 40 white lines across one inch, then the resolution would be ___________ per inch:
a. 40 lines
b. 1600 lines
c. 80 line-pairs
d. 40 line-pairs
Answer: (d) 40 line-pairs
13. The images are a very large data collection. The memory size required for a 1024×1024 image where the color of every pixel is represented by n-bit numbers in an 8-bit machine would be _________ MB.
b. (1024 × 1024) / 8
c. n / 8
d. n × 8
Answer: (c) n / 8
14. An object’s color is determined largely by the diffuse reflection coefficient. Here, if Kd = (0.8, 0.4, 0), so if the light used is magenta and blue, then the color of the object would be:
a. Black and Red
b. Black and White
c. Red and Blue
d. White and Red
Answer: (a) Black and Red
15. Which of these is a clustering technique permitting a convenient graphical display?
a. Agglomerative clustering
b. Hierarchical clustering
c. Probabilistic model-based clustering
d. Partition-based clustering
Answer: (b) Hierarchical clustering
16. Which of these is a technique used for the production of color displays with some random CRT scan monitors?
b. Direct View Storage
c. Shadow Mask
d. Beam Penetration
Answer: (d) Beam Penetration
17. The raster scan display systems that have 24 bits/pixel and a 1024×1024 screen resolution require a frame buffer size of:
a. 24 MegaBytes
b. 8 MegaBytes
c. 3 MegaBytes
d. 1 MegaByte
Answer: (c) 3 MegaBytes
18. Consider a graphic display system that has 480 pixels high, 640 pixels wide, and 1 bit of color depth frame buffer. In case the access time for every pixel is 200 nanoseconds on average, then the approximate refresh rate of such a frame buffer would be __________ frames per second.
Answer: (d) 16
19. Which of these is NOT a component of the Memory tube display?
a. Liquid Crystal
d. Flooding gun
Answer: (a) Liquid Crystal
20. In the case of Oblique Projections, which of these is NOT true?
a. The plane of projection is always perpendicular to the projectors.
b. These are exclusively used for pictorial purposes instead of any formal working drawings.
c. All the Parallel lines in the space appear parallel on the projected final image.
d. The Parallel projection rays aren’t perpendicular to a viewing plane.
Answer: (a) The plane of projection is always perpendicular to the projectors.
Keep learning and stay tuned to get the latest updates on the GATE Exam along with GATE MCQs, GATE Eligibility Criteria, GATE Syllabus for CSE (Computer Science Engineering), GATE Notes for CSE, GATE CSE Question Paper, and more.