IISc Bangalore will publish the GATE 2024 application form online. Candidates must be aware of the steps to fill up the GATE 2024 Application Form. To fill up the application form, candidates must first register with the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Eligible candidates can complete their GATE enrollments by registering at the GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) gateway.
Steps to Fill the GATE 2024 Application Form
To fill up the application form for GATE 2024, candidates need to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: GATE 2024 Registration
To fill up the GATE 2024 application form, candidates need to register online. They have to fill up some vital details as detailed below:
- First of all, candidates need to enter their basic details like Name, Country, Email Address, Mobile number, etc.
- Create a unique password of 8-15 characters long and proceed further by entering the captcha.
- Once you have finished the 2nd step, an email and SMS will be sent to your registered email address and mobile number.
- Now, enter details like a valid email address and mobile number, and create a GOAPS password.
- For Indian students, all communication will be done through the email id or mobile number.
- For foreign students, it will be done only through email id.
Once you complete this process, the GATE team will send you a GOAPS enrollment ID.
Step 2 – Login and Start Submitting the GATE 2024 Application Form
Candidates have to enter a few details to complete the application process as given below:
- Personal Details: Applicant’s name, name of father and mother, date of birth, country, state, city, etc.
- Educational Detail: Candidates need to fill up educational qualifications from high secondary school to graduation.
- Contact Details: Here, candidates must mention their permanent address and current address.
- Choose GATE Paper: Here, candidates need to choose a GATE discipline in which they are going to appear.
- GATE Exam Centre: Choose 3 exam cities from the given list.
- Photo Identity Proof: The genuine photo ID number and nature of the ID have to be entered.
Step 3: Upload Needed Documents for GATE Registration
Now, candidates have to upload their documents in image and PDF forms. Checkout the list of documents below:
- One passport-size photograph in white background (Size: 5 cm Width × 4.5 cm height with 70% of face coverage. Pixels range from 240×320 – 480×640 in JPEG or JPG format).
- Signature in flowing handwriting (The signature must cover 70 % of the image. Pixels range from 80×280 – 160×560. Make sure you sign with black or dark blue colour ink only in JPEG or JPG format).
- Documents that need to be uploaded in PDF format are listed below:
- Photo ID Proof
- Category Authentication, wherever applicable
- PwD Authentication, wherever applicable
- Certification of Dyslexia
- Scanned copy of the Degree or Passing certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department
Step 4: Review Your Application
Make sure you review the application form. Check the details filled in the application form cautiously before making the fee payment.
Step 5 – Payment
Now it’s time to make the payment. Candidates can make the payment through online modes like net banking/debit card/credit card.
NOTE: The registration fee varies according to the category of the candidates.