GATE Application Form 2022: Application Process, Dates and Fees
IIT Kharagpur will issue the GATE Application Form 2022 online. To reach the application form of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022, aspirants will have to register at the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
The final date for GATE 2022 online registration is fixed now. Qualified applicants can complete GATE enrollments by registering at the GATE 2022 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) gateway.
NOTE: There is a change in the date. Earlier the online registration was about to start on the 30th August 2021. But, now the date is postponed and the online application will start on September 02, 2021.
The candidates in the pre-final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible for GATE registration, along with applicants who have finished their graduation. However, it is suggested that before proceeding with the GATE application 2022, the candidates should check the GATE 2022 eligibility criteria in detail.
Important Dates For GATE Application Form 2022
|Opening date of the online application portal||30th August 2021
2nd September 2021
|Closing date of online application portal (Regular Period)||24th September 2021|
|Closing date of online application portal (Extended period with late fee)||1st October 2021|
|Display of defective applications for rectification||26th October 2021|
|Last date for the rectification of applications||1st November 2021|
|Last date for change of paper, category & exam city. (With additional fee)||12th November 2021|
How to fill the GATE Application Form 2022?
To fill the form for GATE 2022 aspirants needs to follow a few steps:
- GATE 2022 Registration
- Filling of GATE Application Form 2022
- Upload Required Documents for GATE Registration
- Fees of GATE Registration 2022
- Confirm the Declaration
Step 1: GATE 2022 Registration
To access the GATE 2022 application, students need to register themselves online first. And for that, you are supposed to fill in some of your details:
- You need to fill in your details like the Name of the Candidate, Email Address, Country of Residence, Mobile number.
- Create your password. Make sure it is unique and 8-15 characters long. Enter the Captcha and click on submit.
- After completing all the details successfully, an SMS and an email will be sent to your mobile number and email address, respectively.
- It is an important step. Insert details like a mobile number, a valid email address, and create a GOAPS password.
- All communication will be done through the enrolled mobile number and email id.
- For foreign students, all the communication will be done through the email id.
Once you finish this process, the team will send you a GOAPS enrollment ID. It is a vital ID that will be used in many places like filling the form, downloading the admit card and scorecard, etc.
Step 2: Filling of GATE Application Form 2022
1. It is the first place when you will use your Enrollment ID and Password to proceed with the GATE application 2022 filling process. You need to select the paper you wish to appear in and also the exam city. You can choose three GATE 2022 Exam Centres.
2. After completing this, you need to verify your Email address and mobile number. Once you have verified the button, they will send you an OTP to the registered email id and mobile number. Make sure you enter your details like Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Category, and correspondence address.
3. Now, you need to mention your qualifying degree details, that includes, Name and discipline of the qualifying degree, the Name of the college/ university, the Passing year, etc.
Step 3: Upload Required Documents for GATE Registration
It is a very crucial process. Make sure you do it properly. Here you need to upload your documents in the image and PDF form. Documents that are required to be uploaded:
1. Passport size photograph in white background
Size: 5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height with 70% of Face Coverage. Pixels Range from 240×320 – 480×640 in JPEG or JPG format.
2. Signature in running handwriting
The signature must cover 70 % of the image. Pixels Range from 80×280 – 160×560. Make sure you sign with black or dark blue colour ink only in JPEG or JPG format.
3. Photo ID Proof
4. Category Certificate wherever applicable
5. PwD Certificate wherever applicable
6. Certificate of Dyslexia
7. Scanned copy of Degree or Provisional certificate or certificate from the Head of the Department
Note: Remaining four documents need to be uploaded in PDF format.
Step 4: Fees of GATE Registration 2022
Candidates are needed to pay a registration fee for GATE Application Form 2022:
|Category||Normal Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|Women||INR 750||INR 1250|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 750||INR 1250|
|All Other Candidates||INR 1500||INR 2000|
|International Students – Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|Students From – Addis Ababa Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
Step 5: Confirm the Declaration
In the confirmation, you have to confirm that the form is filled by you.
Check You GATE Application 2022 Status
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the registration process. Now you can easily check the status of your application. To check the GATE application 2022 status candidates need to log in at the GATE registration link. If you notice the status of your GATE application is “Under Process”, then you don’t have to fret about it. The authorities will investigate all the GATE applications 2022 and if they find any need for correction in the form, then you will receive an automatic email/SMS.
- An applicant appearing in ONE or TWO Papers can fill in only one application form.
- In the case a candidate has filled multiple applications, then only one will be accepted. And the other applications will be declined without any compensation for the paid fee.
How to correct the GATE application form 2022?
If you have mentioned wrong information in any section, you need to correct it before the deadlines given by the authorities. Yes, you can use the GATE application 2022 correction facility. However, candidates can revise only a few details.
|Details that can be Revised||Remarks|
|1. Name||Depends on the documents submitted by the candidate.|
|2. Date of Birth||Depends on the documents submitted by the candidate.|
|3. Gender||Candidates can change the status of gender.
|4. Category||Candidates can change the status of category:
|5. PwD status||
|6. Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||
|7. Details of Parents/ Guardian/ Correspondence address||Depends on the documents submitted by the candidate.|
|8. College name and location, Roll no, Registration no.||Depends on the documents submitted by the candidate.|
|9. Exam paper||Yes, correction is allowed with fees.|
|10. Exam city||Yes, correction is allowed with fees.|
NOTE: In case of any mistake while filling the GATE application form, 2022 applicants may reach the authorities through GATE 2022 helpline number at 022-2576 7068, 022-2572 4054
Frequently Asked Questions on GATE Application Form 2022
How to apply for GATE Exam 2022?
Candidates who want to apply for the GATE exam 2022 are required to fill and submit an online GATE application form. You can refer to the above procedure.
Is the GATE application free for female candidates?
No, female candidates are required to pay INR 750.
Do the candidates have to send the printout of the application form?
No. It is not required. Candidates are not required to send any printout to the institute or any other GATE zonal offices.