GATE 2024 Photo Requirements and GATE 2024 Signature Guidelines will be officially announced shortly. They will also release the brochure on its website. As per the procedure for registration, candidates are required to upload a recently scanned high-resolution photograph and a scanned copy of the signature. If there is any discrepancy in the size of the photo or signature, the GATE Application Form 2024 will be rejected.
Hence, candidates have to ensure a couple of things while uploading the GATE application form. Candidates can check this article to learn about the GATE 2024 Photo Requirements and GATE Signature Resize guidelines.
Highlights of GATE Photo Size and Signature Guidelines
- The passport-size photograph should be of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions in JPEG/JPG format and of size 5 KB to 200 KB.
- Signature of 2 cm x 7 cm dimensions and size 5 KB to 200 KB in JPEG/JPG format will only be accepted.
GATE 2024 Photo Requirements
Here, we have given instructions on how to upload the photo in the application form.
- The photograph should be of high quality. It is to be featured on the GATE scorecard.
- Colour photos taken after 1 August 2021 by a professional will only be accepted. Photographs taken by a mobile, or if the portraits are self-composed, would possibly result in the application being rejected.
- Dimensions: The photograph should be in JPEG format and should be of passport size, with a 3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height of the face. The standard print size is 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (width x height).
- Maximum size: 480 * 640 pixels (0.3 Megapixel) | Minimum size: 240 * 320 pixels.
- Required white or light colour background for the photos.
- The candidate’s face should cover about 60% to 70% of the above-mentioned size of the photograph.
- Everything from the forehead to the eyes, nose, and chin should be all visible clearly. The hair of the head, any cloth, or any shadow should not cover the main features of the face.
- In the photograph, both the ears of the candidate should be visible. Candidates should not have worn any cap/hat in the photo.
- For candidates wearing spectacles, photographs with reflections on glasses will be rejected. If it is not possible to avoid the reflection, do not wear any spectacles in the photo shoot. Also, avoid specs with dark and coloured/shaded lenses.
- Poor-quality photos will cause the GATE application form to be rejected without the fee being refunded.
Tips to Edit Image for GATE Application Form 2024
Candidates are not allowed to upload low-quality images for the registration process. In case of any discrepancy with the accepted guidelines for uploading the image, candidates can edit the photo to the required specifications of GATE 2024. Online tools used to edit, crop and compress these images are as follows:
- Free Online Photo Editor
- Photo Pea
- Cam Scanner
- Luna Pic
- MS Paint and so on
Tips to edit GATE 2024 Image Using Picasa
Step 1: First, download Picasa
Step 2: Then, open the image on the candidate’s computer
Step 3: Then, go to Crop, add the aspect custom ratio and add the dimensions for width and height
Step 4: Then, make the required modifications
Step 5: Save the image for uploading
GATE Signature Size
Also, we have given instructions on how to upload the signature on the GATE application form. Apart from the photograph, candidates should also upload an image of the signature after it is scanned. The specifications for the signature are as follows:
- On a white paper of A4 size, draw a rectangular box of the following dimensions:
- Breadth = 2 cm
- Width = 7 cm
- The signature should be done with a pen in black or blue ink and should fit the box. The signature should be high or wide enough to cover at least 80% of the respective height or width of the rectangular box. If the signature is in any other colour, it will not be accepted.
- If the signature is in all capital letters, it will not be acceptable.
- The format should be in JPEG only.
- The maximum size of the signature in pixels is 160 x 560, and the minimum size is 80 x 280 pixels.
- The signature size has to be between 5 KB to 200 KB.
- Use a professional scanner and scan the digital image of your signature along with the box, and then cut the image to fit the border of the rectangular box and upload it.
- In case an applicant’s signature done on the exam day does not match the signature on the GATE 2024 Admit Card, then the applicant is likely to be disqualified.
Other Supporting Documents for GATE Exam 2024
Other than the photographs and signature, the documents required for initiating the GATE registration process are listed below:
- ID Proof with Photograph
- Upload any one of the following valid photo identities in PDF – Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar-UID, PAN Card, College ID, Driving Licence and Employee ID.
- International candidates are required to upload only a Passport/Government issued ID/College ID or a valid Employee ID. These IDs will be accepted as an identification document that is recognised.
- In case none of these is available as identity proof, then make sure to get one of them prior to filling up the application.
- Category Certificate for SC/ST Category Candidates
- Candidates belonging to the SC or ST category have to upload the category certificate as proof. This document should be valid if they want to avail of a concession to the application fee. Only a certificate, which is issued by the authorised officials, will be valid.
- While filling up the online application form, OBC-NCL and EWS candidates are not required to upload any category certificate.
- PwD Certificate for Person with Disability
- Candidates with disability are required to attach the recently obtained PwD certificate, which is issued by the relevant authority.
- The benefit can be availed by all with a minimum 40% impairment, irrespective of the type of disability.
- Dyslexia Certificate
- Dyslexic candidates are also required to attach a proper dyslexic certificate, which is issued by any authorised Dyslexia Association.
- The scribes for the same are given by the GATE authorities.
Instructions for Photo Resize and GATE Signature Guidelines
Further, here are the instructions that should be followed for the GATE Exams:
- Candidates are required to sign the photograph in the presence of the invigilator.
- Candidates are required to bring extra copies of passport-size photographs, the same as those used during GATE registration.
- The candidates should not have worn a cap or glasses in the photograph. Spectacles, however, are allowed if they use them regularly.
- Applications that do not have clear photographs are not likely to be accepted.
- For signature, upload the signature in the appropriate box given in the form in running handwriting.
- Writing the full name in capital letters in a box is not accepted as the signature. Doing so can result in the rejection of the application form.