MCQs on Software Engineering
Solve Software Engineering multiple-choice Questions to prepare better for your upcoming GATE Exam. If you wish to learn more about Software Engineering, you can check more notes, mock tests, and previous years’ question papers of GATE. Gauge the pattern of Software Engineering multiple-choice questions. Try solving the ones that we have compiled below for your practice:
Software Engineering Multiple-Choice Questions
1. Which of these does not affect different types of software as a whole?
b. Business and social change
Answer: (c) Flexibility
2. The 4GT Model acts as a package of ______________.
a. Software Tools
b. Software Programs
c. CASE tools
d. None of the above
Answer: (a) Software tools
3. ___________ originally proposed the spiral model.
d. Barry Boehm
Answer: (d) Barry Boehm
4. Out of the following, which one is not a workbench tool for Requirement Management?
a. RDD 100
b. Rational Suite
Answer: (b) Rational Suite
5. In system modelling, which model depicts a system’s static nature?
a. Data Model
b. Structural Model
c. Context Model
d. Behavioural Model
Answer: (b) Structural Model
6. Source code translation and Program modularisation are the activities of_____________.
a. Reverse engineering
b. Forward Engineering
c. Reengineering and Reverse Engineering
Answer: (d) Reengineering
7. Which of these reliability requirements is concerned with maintaining various system copies?
a. Ambiguous Requirements
b. Redundancy Requirements
c. Recovery Requirements
d. Checking Requirements
Answer: (c) Recovery Requirements
8. The worst form of module cohesion is___________.
a. Coincidental Cohesion
b. Functional Cohesion
c. Temporal Cohesion
d. Logical Cohesion
Answer: (a) Coincidental Cohesion
9. How does the implementation of generalisation occur in Object-Oriented programming languages?
b. Abstract Classes
Answer: (c) Inheritance
10. Out of these early OOD methods, which one incorporates both a “macro development process” and a “micro development process.”?
a. Wirfs-Brock method
b. Booch method
c. Coad and Yourdon method
d. Rumbaugh method
Answer: (b) Booch Method
11. Out of these web engineering metrics, which one measures the relatedness extent between multiple web pages?
a. Static Content Objects Numbers
b. Dynamic Content Objects Numbers
c. Internal Page Links Number
d. Web Page Similarity
Answer: (d) Web Page Similarity
12. Which one isn’t a stage of the COCOMO-II?
a. Model of Application Composition estimation
b. Model of Early design estimation
c. Model of Post architecture estimation
d. Model of Comprehensive cost estimation
Answer: (b) Model of Early design estimation
13. Which one isn’t an approach to estimate the cost of the software?
Answer: (c) Critical
14. The aviation industry follows which of these standards?
Answer: (a) RTCADO-178B
15. We generally use the ___________ for Software Maintenance.
a. Integration Testing
b. Unit Testing
c. System Testing
d. Regression Testing
Answer: (d) Regression Testing
16. The language-processing system performs the translation of an XML data description to a___________.
a. alternative XML representation
b. machine code
c. software module
d. alternative XML representation and machine code
Answer: (d) alternative XML representation and machine code
17. What establishes the profile of end-users of the system?
a. system image
b. mental image
c. user’s model
d. design model
Answer: (c) user’s model
18. Which is a stimuli category?
a. Management stimuli
b. Hardware stimuli
c. Software stimuli
d. Periodic stimuli
Answer: (d) Periodic stimuli
19. An object does NOT provide this service:
a. Deactivating & Activating Objects
b. Files implementing the identified entities in the ERD
c. Registering object implementation
d. Security features
Answer: (b) Files implementing the identified entities in the ERD
20. Out of these, which one isn’t a business process’s example?
a. purchasing services
b. testing software
c. designing a new product
d. hiring an employee
Answer: (b) testing software
21. Which one of these is a data problem?
a. record organisation problem
b. hardware problems
c. loss of comments
d. heavy computational demands
Answer: (a) record organisation problems
22. The FIT (Failure In Time) is another way in which one can REPORT __________.
Answer: (a) MTBF
23. What do we mean by Six Sigma?
a. A widely used strategy to implement statistical quality assurance
b. Six standard deviations
c. A widely used strategy that maintains statistical quality assurance and six standard deviations
d. An FTR (Formal Technical Review) guideline for inspection or a quality walkthrough
Answer: (c) A widely used strategy that maintains statistical quality assurance and six standard deviations
24. Name an evaluation technique to assess the quality of test cases.
b. Mutation analysis
c. Performance analysis
Answer: (b) Mutation analysis
25. Code is checked in which type of testing?
a. White box testing
b. Black box testing
c. Green box testing
d. Red box testing
Answer: (a) White box testing
Keep learning and stay tuned to get the latest updates on the GATE Exam along with GATE MCQs, GATE Eligibility Criteria, GATE Syllabus for CSE (Computer Science Engineering), GATE Notes for CSE, GATE CSE Question Paper, and more.