One need not be powerless or overwhelmed by the scale of environmental problems because there are many things we can do to make a difference. 5Rs strategy can be followed to save natural resources.
- Refuse to buy products that can harm you and the environment, say No to single-use plastic carry bags.
- Reduce the usage of resources like electricity, water, fuel etc.
- Reuse: use things again and again.
- Repurpose: when a product can no more be used for the original purpose, think carefully and use it for some other useful purpose.
- Recycle the materials to make required things instead of synthesising or extracting fresh plastic, paper, glass or metal.