The five principles of a green economy are as follows:
- The wellbeing principle: A green economy ensures that all people create and enjoy prosperity
- The justice principle: This principle means that a green economy will promote equity within and between generations
- Planetary Boundaries Principle: An ideal green economy will restore, safeguard and invest in the future according to this principle.
- Efficiency and Sufficiency principle: This principle lays emphasis on sustainable consumption and production.
- Good governance principle: The green economy is guided by integrated, accountable and resilient institutions.
For more relevant articles refer to the links given below: