The major problems associated with urban waste disposal in India are as follows:
- Disposing industrial wastes into rivers and water bodies in turn causing water pollution
- Soil pollution due to seepage of chemicals, which may come about due to improper disposal of wastes.
- Fear of spreading diseases due to air pollution and bad smell from urban waste.
For more relevant articles refer to the links given below:
- UPSC Environment and Ecology Questions
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- UPSC Environment and Ecology