Land degradation is a temporary or permanent decne in the productivity capacity of the land, the reduction of its production potential and its value as an economic resource.
Multiple factors are responsible for land degradation:
- Extreme weather conditions such as droughts
- Human activities that pollute the soil
- Climate change
- Excessive soil pollution.
For more relevant articles refer to the links given below:
- UPSC Environment and Ecology Questions
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- UPSC Environment and Ecology