Hello, Class 10 students! Are you prepared for Mathematics Exam? What, want to know topic wise weightage. Well, that’s a smart thing to do.That means you want to know which unit to stress more or to start with. No worries, here we are with ICSE Class 10 Mathematics Topic-Wise weightage to help you out in scoring best. Topic-wise weightage will also help you know which unit can have the maximum questions in the question paper and the marks allotment. Therefore,, have a look at the topic-wise weightage of ICSE Class 10 Mathematics.
Class 10 Mathematics consists of First Term Units of 90 marks and Second Term Units of 90 marks. The weightage is as shown below:
|Sl no||First Term Units(SA-I)||Marks|
|Sl no||Second Term Units(SA-II)||Marks|
First Term Syllabus:
- Polynomial: In this unit, you need to prepare Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials. Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
- Pair of Linear equations in two variables: Pair of linear equations in two variables and their graphical solution. Geometric representation of different possibilities of solutions/inconsistency.
- Introduction to Trignometry: Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios, whichever are defined at 0° and 90°. Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45° and 60°.
- Trignometric Identities: Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given. Trigonometric ratios ofcomplementary angles.
The topics included in Statistics are Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided). Cumulative frequency graph.
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
The Second term consists of two more topics along with the continuation of the first three topics
The Probablity Unit of Second term consists of Classical definition of probability. Connection with probability as given in Class IX. Simple problems on single events, not using set notation.
Review the concepts of coordinate geometry done earlier including graphs of linear equations. Awareness of geometrical representation of quadratic polynomials.Distance between two points and section formula (internal). Area of a triangle.
Areas related to Circles: Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter / circumference of the above said plane figures. (In calculating area of segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to central angle of 60°, 90° and 120° only.
Surface Areas and Volumes: ) Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones. Frustum of a cone.
(ii) Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. (Problems with combination of not more than two different solids be taken.)
Hence, these were the marks weightage according to each and every unit and the topics involved in it. Try to solve as many sample papers and last five years question papers to get a better idea. To know more, join Byjus.com.
|NCERT Books||ICSE Videos||ICSE Articles|
|ICSE Syllabus||ICSE Study Materials||ICSE Board Related News|