Students can apply for ICSE Revaluation after the declaration of the result of the board examination. The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) releases the application form of ICSE Revaluation on their official website. The ICSE Revaluation requests can be made by Heads of school or by the candidates themselves. In order to raise an ICSE exam recheck request, candidates will have to register first on CISCE careers portal. After completing the registration, students will have to log into the portal. The requests must be submitted online followed by online payment of requisite charges as applicable.
What Does Revaluation Mean?
ICSE Revaluation is the recounting of the marks. Some students misunderstood it as a rechecking of the answer sheet. But it’s not so. In the revaluation process, evaluator checks if all the questions attempted by a student are checked or not. The evaluator will not recheck the answers. Also, he/she checks if all the extra sheets mentioned are attached and checked correctly.
How to apply for ICSE Revaluation
If a candidate is feeling that he/ she hasn’t scored fairly may apply for ICSE Revaluation by following the below-provided points as mentioned in the official website once results are out.
1. Requests for recheck of the subject grades awarded to the candidates who took the current year’s ICSE Examination can only be submitted to the Council online.
2. For each recheck, schools/candidates will be required to pay the charges (as prescribed by the Council from time to time), which shall be made online. The charges to be paid for the recheck is Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) per subject per candidate, for the current year of Examination.
3. The Online Recheck portal will be available for 7 days from the date of declaration of results.
4. The accuracy of a subject grade awarded will be checked on request, in one or more subjects, provided that the Head of the school/candidate submits the application online. Applications for recheck must be submitted online and must be received at the Council’s office within the stipulated time. (The exact dates will be notified by the Council at the time of declaration of the results.)
a) The recheck will be restricted to checking whether: –
i) All the answers have been marked.
ii) There has been a mistake in the totalling of marks for each question in the subject and transferring the marks correctly onto the first cover page of the answer booklet.
iii) The continuation sheets attached to the answer booklet, as mentioned by the candidate, are intact.
b) No other re-evaluation of the answer script or other work done by the candidate as part of the examination will be carried out.
c) No candidate, person or organisation shall be entitled to claim re-evaluation or disclosure or inspection of the answer scripts or copies of it and other documents as these are treated as most confidential by the Council.
d) The recheck will be carried out by a competent person appointed by the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council.
e) On rechecking the scripts, if it is found that there is an error, the marks will be revised accordingly.
f) The communication regarding the revision of marks, if any, shall be sent online to the Head of the School/candidate.
g) The Council will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any inconvenience caused to the candidate, consequent to the revision of marks and no claims in this regard shall be entertained.
h) In case of any change in grade/marks awarded to the candidate, the candidate will be required to deposit the original Statement of Marks and Pass Certificate or only the Statement of Marks, as the case may be, to the school of the candidate. The school will forward the same to the Office of the Council for replacement of the document(s).
i) The Council shall replace the necessary document(s) in respect of such candidates whose results have changed only after the originally issued document(s) have been returned by Head of the School. The candidates should collect the corrected document(s) from their respective schools.
5. Applications for recheck can be submitted only for the subject(s) in which the candidate took the examination in the current year of Examination.
6. Applications for recheck can be submitted for one or more subjects, subject to a maximum of the number of subjects in which the candidate took the examinations in the current year.
7. Application for recheck of the subject grade awarded to a particular candidate in a particular subject can be submitted only once.
8. Payment for recheck requests being submitted must be made online using the payment gateway.
- Payment once made shall not be refunded, except in case of a change in grade/marks awarded to the candidate.
- Payment refunds, in case of a change in grade/marks awarded to the candidate, shall be made to the same payment instrument, which was used for making the online payment for the recheck request charges.
9. The decision of the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council on the result of the scrutiny and recheck shall be final.
10. The Online Recheck happens in three phases
- User Registration – Addition of Recheck Request
11. To raise a Recheck Request, you need to register with the Council.
We hope students must have found this information on “ICSE Revaluation” useful. Stay tuned for further updates on ICSE/CBSE/State Board and competitive exams. Download BYJU’S App to watch interactive study videos.