Are you a JEE aspirant? With the increase in the number of JEE aspirants, many JEE books have been introduced into the market. Choosing the right book for the preparation is like choosing a pearl from the ocean. In this quest of choosing the right book, candidates often fall prey to the wrong ones which rather than helping, mislead the candidates, despite their rigorous hard work and sincerity. A good book can be a great mentor and a guide to success.
For any competitive exam, it is more important to have a complete understanding of topics rather than the just superficial understanding of all the topics. A stepwise approach will aid students in this process. This article covers the name of books that are considered the best to guide you in your preparation to crack JEE.
Important Books For JEE
The books for individual subjects are mentioned below:
Books For Physics
Physics is often considered as the most interesting subject among the three subjects’ viz.physics, chemistry and mathematics. A survey was conducted among the IIT students who cleared JEE and are studying in IIT’s. According to its result, 45 % students have chosen physics as their favourite subject. Physics was followed by Mathematics by 35 % students and then chemistry by 20%. Some of the books which are helpful for the preparation of JEE are mentioned below:
- NCERT Textbooks
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- The objective problems given at the end of every chapter are the classic set of questions to test the concepts learned. These must be covered thoroughly.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick& Walker
- For Optics, Waves and Electromagnetism.
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- For higher order problems.
Books For Chemistry
Chemistry is considered to be the most scoring subject out of the three. Most of the topics in chemistry are not quite tricky and can be solved easily. Students often find difficulty in various topics of organic chemistry and named reactions. The books mentioned below can be a great help for the students in chemistry.
- NCERT Textbooks
- If done properly, NCERT textbooks are sufficient for Inorganic Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- For practising problems on conversions and isomerism.
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd
- This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- A very good book for chemical bonding and atomic structure.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee
- For practising problems in physical chemistry.
Books For Mathematics
Mathematics is a subject which always gets a mixed review. Few students like mathematics whereas others don’t. The main reason for disliking the subject is tedious calculation behind the solution of problems. The only way to make mathematics easier is by practising the problems more and more. Identify your weaknesses and strengths by practising more questions and try to work on them accordingly. Practising the problems from standard books mentioned below can be of great help in scoring good marks in mathematics in JEE.
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry & Geometry: –Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- For inverse trigonometric ratios and solution of triangles.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- For locus problems.
- Algebra: –Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- For probability, permutation and combination and binomial theorem.
- Calculus: –Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
Preparing from the above books will help you understand your concepts more clearly and tackle problems easily. Once you go through the concepts and practice questions from these books you will have a grip on the topics. You will start scoring better with visible improvements in your scores. For more effective ways of preparing for the JEE download BYJU’S – The Learning App.