NCERT i.e the National Council of Educational Research and Training is an autonomous organization established in 1961 under the Government of India. NCERT is an educational body, involved in assisting and advising the state and central Governments on academic matters.
NCERT publishes class 1 to 12 textbooks for most of the subjects which are prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. CBSE and are also adopted by several other education boards. At present, NCERT has been given the task of publishing central textbooks and the role of CBSE is limited to conduct the board exams.
There are 4 main objectives of NCERT which are:
- Promoting and conducting educational research, and experimenting new and innovative ideas and practices.
- Developing NCF 2005 i.e. National Curriculum Framework (NCF 2005) along with syllabi, textbooks, training models and strategies, teaching-learning materials and kits, etc.
- To train inservice and preservice teachers along with national and state level functionaries.
- Collaborating with national, state and international organizations.
NCERT Books & its Importance
Students studying in CBSE board are prescribed to study from NCERT textbooks. Competitive exams for engineering and medical entrances – JEE & NEET requires extensive preparation and NCERT books is the bible for students studying in CBSE. Apart from being prescribed by the CBSE board, there are a plethora of reasons to highlight the importance of NCERT books.
- The information is authentic they are written by experts and the content in the NCERT books are extensively researched.
- If the foundation is strong, the building is more solid! NCERT books have clear concepts and cover the basics and fundamentals on all the topics.
- The language is straightforward and thus facilitates easy understanding.
- NCERT books are all in one. Students preparing for different competitive exams can also prepare from NCERT textbooks and then use other standard books as reference.
Download NCERT books for class 4 to 12 below:
|NCERT Books for Class 4||NCERT Books for Class 5|
|NCERT Books for Class 6||NCERT Books for Class 7|
|NCERT Books for Class 8||NCERT Books for Class 9|
|NCERT Books for Class 10||NCERT Books for Class 11|
|NCERT Books for Class 12|
The NCERT books have a set of questions at the end of each chapter. Each question has a detailed solution which will help in understanding the concept of the arrival to the solutions. The NCERT questions are directly or indirectly asked in CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 Board exams. Thus, knowing the NCERT solutions will help in clearing the board exams easily.
The importance of NCERT solutions is known. The solutions for Math and Science for Class 4 to Class 12 are now available. The solutions are explained in detail which will help in deeper and better understanding of arriving at a solution.
NCERT designs the syllabus for all the grades in CBSE board. NCERT also prescribes the syllabus for competitive exams like JEE & NEET. The curriculum is designed based on conceptual learning and not rote learning. Thus, the NCERT syllabus serves as a single prominent source for students in CBSE Board.
Check out the NCERT syllabus for class 6 to 12 below:
|NCERT Syllabus For Class 6||NCERT Syllabus For Class 7|
|NCERT Syllabus For Class 8||NCERT Syllabus For Class 9|
|NCERT Syllabus For Class 10||NCERT Syllabus For Class 11|
|NCERT Syllabus For Class 12|
NCERT Question Papers
NCERT prepares model question papers for CBSE exams which are in accordance with the latest guidelines and blueprint. These NCERT question papers capture the actual essence of the actual CBSE question papers and help the students to get acquainted with the exam in a more effective way. The NCERT question papers for 6 to 12 are provided in the links given below.
|NCERT Class 6 Question Papers||NCERT Class 7 Question Papers|
|NCERT Class 8 Question Papers||NCERT Class 9 Question Papers|
|NCERT Class 10 Question Papers||NCERT Class 11 Question Papers|
|NCERT Class 12 Question Papers|
NCERT publishes the exemplar books to help the students develop higher order thinking skills and be able to solve advanced level questions easily from the respective chapters. The NCERT exemplars are available for maths and science for class 8 to 12. Click the links given below to download NCERT exemplar questions and solutions.
|NCERT Exemplar Class 8||NCERT Exemplar Class 9|
|NCERT Exemplar Class 10||NCERT Exemplar Class 11|
|NCERT Exemplar Class 12|
Related NCERT Articles
Keep visiting BYJU’S to get all the NCERT and exam resources along with video lessons, preparation tips, and other important study materials like video lessons, sample papers, question papers, and topic-wise lessons.