A candidate who failed in one or two of the five main subjects of Board examination shall be placed in CBSE Compartment Exam. Students who got compartment can apply for fresh enrollment in the compartment exam as private student or LOC (List of Candidates). Students whose name appears in the list can take the compartment exam.
The CBSE compartment exam is usually conducted in the month of July or during the first week of August. To qualify for the compartment examination the student must qualify internal assessment of all the subjects.
Students appearing for compartment examination must not confuse with CBSE improvement examination. The CBSE Improvement examination is to improve the existing marks or the secored marks one has scored in the recent board examination. To be qualify for CBSE improvement examination one must have passed in all the 5 main subjects in the board examination.
CBSE Guidelines and procedures for CBSE Compartment Examination.
- A candidate placed in compartment may reappear at the compartmental examination to be held in the same year. If the candidate secures passing marks in the compartment exam.
- The syllabus for compartment examination will be the same as in the board examination.
- If a candidate fails in the compartment examination he/she will be declared failed in the board examination and have to reappear in all the subjects at the subsequent annual examination or you can say he or she have to reappear in the upcoming year.
- A student student is allowed to appear only on those subjects in which he or she has been placed in compartment.
- Incase the subject has a partial part and the student has passed in practical examination then he or she have to appear only in the theory paper.
CBSE Compartment Exam Application Form
CBSE Compartment Exam Application form can be obtained from school authorities or can be download from the official CBSE website.
Steps to apply for CBSE Compartment Examination
- Visit the official Website of CBSE.
- Click on “Recent Announcement”
- Now click on “Online Application for Class XII Compartment / Class X Improvement of Performance Examination”
- Now click ““Online Submission of LOC for Compartment/IOP Exam” or “Online Application for Private Candidate for Comptt/IOP Examination”.
- Now select your class i.e Class 12 or Class 10th. Enter your details like Roll Number, CBSE School Code, Center Number and click on Next or Proceed Button.
- Now fill all the required fields and click on next.
- Click on the payment link and pay the application fee via your preferred payment mode i.e online or via E-Challan.
- Now you have to send your documents to the address of regional office within 7 days. Documents including the photocopy of the confirmation page, photocopy of marksheet and e-challan or if you have paid via demand draft, then the original DD must be sent.
Visit BYJU’S for latest CBSE Sample Papers, Study Mate