National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is an entrance exam for medical courses like MBBS, BDS, and PG in both private and government medical colleges. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for conducting NEET-UG Exam every year in various parts of India. It is an offline objective question based (MCQ) entrance test with 11 lakhs candidates applying every year.
The Honorable Supreme Court on April 28th, 2016 approved NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test as the single examination. The development which happened three days before the AIPMT 2016 exam had created a lot of confusion amongst medical aspirants who were studying for various medical entrance exams all across the country. Here are the important highlights of NEET 2018.
|Important Highlights of NEET 2018|
|Exam Name||NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Expected Number of Applicants||11 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||55 thousand|
|Courses Offered||MBBS and BDS|
Notification regarding NEET-UG 2018 will be announced in December, 2017. The important dates for CBSE NEET are mentioned below
|Release of application form||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date to fill the application form||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date for submitting application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release date of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of June 2018|
Statistics of NEET Exam
The number of registration in the year 2016 was 7.5 lakh and 11.5 lakh in the year 2017. 7.3 lakh and 11.2 lakh candidates appeared for NEET Exam in the year 2016 and 2017 respectively. The total number seats available were 56000 and 55000 in the year 2016 and 2017.
NEET 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 is mentioned below
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, of the year of admission or candidates belonging to all the categories.
- The maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to general category.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to reserved category.
Class 12 Marks/Qualification
- Students must have passed class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
Year of Passing
- Students who are appearing for board exams in the year 2018 are eligible to take NEET 2018.
- Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2017 and appearing for an improvement exam in 2018 are eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
- Candidates who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2016 and have taken improvement exam in 2017, can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
How to Apply for NEET 2018?
Medical aspirants can apply for CBSE NEET 2018 only through online process.
- Go to the official website – http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
- Register by giving the name, mobile number and other details.
- Fill in the registration form.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed format only.
- The confirmation page will be displayed, and it has to be sent to below-mentioned address along with the required documents,
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
Application Fee for NEET 2018
The application fee can be paid either through online process or offline process
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Offline method – Bank Challan
The NEET 2018 application fee amount is mentioned below.
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (With Late Fee)|
|GC/OBC||INR 1400||INR 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PWD||INR 750||INR 2150 (750+1400)|
NEET Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam Pattern which will be conducted in the 1st week of May 2018 is mentioned below.
|NEET Exam Pattern 2018|
|Number of Questions||180 MCQ|
|Type of questions||Objective type ( 4 options with 1 correct answer)|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode only|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
The NEET Exam Pattern 2018 with subject name, number of questions and marks is mentioned in the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
The NEET syllabus 2018 will be based on a common syllabus which is prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The NEET syllabus will include topics from Zoology, Botany, Physics and Chemistry subjects. The syllabus will be published after the review of different state syllabus as well as NCERT, CBSE, and COBSEW. The syllabus will be based on the syllabus of Class 11 and 12.
NEET 2018 Reservation
The CBSE NEET is defined by MHRD on behalf of the Indian Government. The following graph represents the all India quota seats.
NEET Cutoff 2018
The cutoff of NEET Exam will be published in the month of June after the NEET Results are declared. The list will contain the All India category wise ranks of the qualified candidates. According to that, all the participating states will prepare their own merit list for the process of counseling. The expected CBSE NEET 2018 Cutoff is listed below.
|Category of candidates||Marks|
|OBC & PH||491-081|
|UR & PIL||589-089|
|ST & PH||297-081|
|SC & PH||303-081|
Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest updates and important dates on NEET 2018. Get detailed NEET Syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, Cut Off marks, Eligibility Criteria, NEET Question papers and other NEET exam details only at Byju’s.