NEET or National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is an entrance exam for medical courses like MBBS, BDS, and PG in both private and government medical colleges. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for conducting NEET UG Exam every year in various parts of India. It is an offline objective question based (MCQ) entrance test with 11 lakhs candidates applying every year.
The Honourable Supreme Court on April 28th, 2016 approved NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test as the single examination. The development which happened three days before the AIPMT 2016 exam had created a lot of confusion amongst medical aspirants who were studying for various medical entrance exams all across the country. Here are the important highlights of NEET 2019.
|Important Highlights of NEET 2019|
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based|
|Expected number of Applicants||Around 13 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||94000 (medical and dental colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS and BDS|
The important dates for CBSE NEET 2018 are mentioned below.
|Release of Application Form||November 1, 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||December 7, 2018|
|Payment of Application Fee Begins||December 8, 2018|
|Correction in Application Form||January 14 to 31, 2019|
|Release date of admit card||April 15, 2019|
|Exam Date||May 5, 2019|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Release of OMR and Answer keys||May 25, 2019 (tentative)|
|Announcement of Results||June 5, 2019|
|Counselling Procedure- 1||June 2nd week, 2019 (tentative)|
|Result of counselling Procedure-1||June 4th week, 2019 (tentative)|
|Counselling Procedure- 2||July 1st week, 2019 (tentative)|
|Result of counselling Procedure-2||July 2nd week, 2019 (tentative)|
Statistics of Previous years NEET Exam
The number of registration in the year 2017 was around 11 lakh and 13 lakh in the year 2018. Around 10.9 lakh and 12.7 lakh candidates appeared for NEET Exam in the year 2017 and 2018 respectively. The number of exam cities were 103 in 2017 and 136 in 2018. The total number seats available were 63835 and 90000 in the year 2017 and 2018 respectively.
NEET 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, of the year of admission or candidates belonging to all the categories.
- The maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to general category.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to reserved category.
Class 12 Marks/Qualification
- Students must have passed class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
Year of Passing
- Students who are appearing for board exams in the year 2019 are eligible to take NEET 2019.
- Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2018 and appearing for an improvement exam in 2019 are eligible to apply for NEET 2019.
- Candidates who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2017 and have taken improvement exam in 2018, can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
How to Apply for NEET 2019?
Medical aspirants can apply for NEET 2019 only through online process.
- Go to the official website.
- Register by giving the name, mobile number, email id and other details.
- Fill in the registration form.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed size and format only.
- The important step which is the payment of the application fee, the fee payment can be done in online and offline mode.
- The confirmation page will be displayed, and candidate needs to take the print out of the duly filled application form for future reference.
Application Fee for NEET 2019
The application fee can be paid either through online process or offline process
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Offline method – Bank Challan
The NEET 2019 application fee amount is mentioned below.
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (With Late Fee)|
|GC/OBC||INR 1400||INR 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 2150 (750+1400)|
NEET Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam Pattern which will be conducted on May 5, 2019 is mentioned below.
|NEET Exam Pattern 2019|
|Number of Questions||180 MCQs (45 questions each from 4 subjects)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology)|
|Type of questions||Objective type ( 4 options with 1 correct answer)|
|Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode only (Pen-paper based)|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Marking scheme||Correct +4, incorrect -1|
The NEET syllabus 2019 will be based on a common syllabus which is prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The NEET syllabus will include topics from Zoology, Botany, Physics and Chemistry subjects. The syllabus will be published after the review of different state syllabus as well as NCERT, CBSE, and COBSEW. The syllabus will be based on the syllabus of Class 11 and 12.
NEET 2019 Reservation
The CBSE NEET is defined by MHRD on behalf of the Indian Government. The following graph and table represents the all India quota seats.
The cut-off of NEET Exam will be published in the month of June after the NEET Results are declared. The list will contain the All India category wise ranks of the qualified candidates. According to that, all the participating states will prepare their own merit list for the process of counselling. The expected CBSE NEET 2019 Cut-off is given below.
|Category of Candidates||Marks|
|OBC & PH||398-089|
|UR & PIL||564-095|
|ST & PH||299-071|
|SC & PH||304-079|
For more queries related to NEET 2019, go through the NEET FAQs given on Byjus.
Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest updates and important dates on NEET 2019. Get detailed NEET Syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, exam centres, Cut Off marks, Eligibility Criteria, NEET Question papers and other NEET exam details only at BYJU’S.