IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is one of the most popular engineering entrance examinations conducted in India for aspirants who are seeking admissions in top engineering institutes across the country. Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for the IIT JEE exam and successful ones do get placed into renowned institutions like IITs, NITs, CFITs, etc which are further privately owned or run by the government.
IIT JEE exam is mainly divided into two categories known as JEE Main and advanced. However, the main criteria here is that only applicants who qualify in JEE Main will be eligible to appear for the advanced exam. Therefore, clearing the first exam is really important. These two exams usually follow an objective pattern and are mostly computer-based tests (could be either offline or online tests).
Table of Contents
- Free JEE Prep
- Useful Links
- Important Dates
- Why IIT JEE?
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- JEE Facts
- Preparation Tips
- Advantages of studying in IITs
Overview of IIT JEE
Till 2011, the entrance exams were known by different names. JEE Main was known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and JEE Advanced was called IIT JEE. In the year 2012, CBSE replaced IIT JEE and AIEEE by Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). After this declaration, AIEEE was changed to JEE Main and similarly, IIT JEE was renamed to JEE Advanced to facilitate admissions in different IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other institutes.
It is worth mentioning that the JEE has undergone many changes since 2012. There is more transparency where students are given their answer copies and the cutoffs are announced in advance. Today, there are even options for online admissions and application selection procedures. Against such a backdrop, there has also been a recent change regarding the examination body for JEE Main. Well, from JEE 2019, Main exam will be conducted two times a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA) instead of CBSE.
JEE Exam Preparation – Free JEE Prep
What will you get in our Free JEE Prep Module?
Our free IIT JEE preparation module covers all the important aspects necessary for the smooth JEE Preparation. It includes,
|Complete IIT JEE – Joint Entrance Exam Syllabus|
|Video lectures on important topics for IIT JEE preparation|
|Question papers and sample papers for Mains and Advanced|
|Strategy articles that can help formulate a study plan|
|Timely IIT JEE notifications|
|Complete study material for IIT JEE 2020|
|Previous year’s question paper analysis|
IIT JEE Video Lessons
What is Electric Flux?
JEE Pulley Problems
Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
Shapes of Orbitals
Complete Study Material for IIT JEE
To help engineering aspirants in their IIT JEE 2020 preparations, we have come up with a comprehensive set of well-structured IIT JEE study material. These study materials are prepared by our IIT/NIT experts who have laid a lot of stress and time in providing a comprehensive set of resources that promotes conceptual clarity on all the concepts covered in the latest IIT JEE syllabus. The students can access these free study materials from the links given below.
|IIT JEE Physics Concepts||IIT JEE Chemistry Concepts||IIT JEE Maths Concepts|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||Coordination Compounds||Binomial Theorem|
|Units And Dimensions||Organic Chemistry||Hyperbola|
|Equipotential Surface||VSEPR Theory||Straight Lines|
|Gauss Law||Buffer Solutions||Complex Numbers|
|Electric Field Intensity||Redox Reactions||Differential Equations|
|All Study Materials >>||All Study Materials >>||All Study Materials >>|
IIT JEE Question Papers
For better preparations, the students are advised to practice standardized questions from previous year’s question papers of JEE Main and Advanced. It is one of the best ways to prepare for the exam. It enhances your speed and time management skills.
Practicing these questions will help students to analyze their preparations. Also, it gives an idea of the JEE 2020 exam pattern, its difficulty and topics important for examination point of view. The students can also download the PDFs of JEE Main and JEE Advanced question paper along with their solutions and answer keys from the links given below.
|JEE Main Question Papers||JEE Advanced Question Papers|
|JEE Main 2019 Question Paper||JEE Advanced 2019 Question Paper|
|JEE Main 2018 Question Paper||JEE Advanced 2018 Question Paper|
|JEE Main 2017 Question Paper||JEE Advanced 2017 Question Paper|
|JEE Main 2016 Question Paper||JEE Advanced 2016 Question Paper|
JEE Sample Papers
A few weeks before the examination, IIT JEE sample papers for both Mains and Advanced are released by the examination authority. Soon after the official notification, these samples with solutions and answer keys are updated on our website.
Practicing IIT JEE sample papers will help students to identify their strengths and weakness. The students can download solved IIT JEE sample papers from the links given below.
JEE Preparation Important Links
|JEE Main Syllabus||JEE Advanced Syllabus|
|JEE Main Eligibility Criteria||JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria|
|JEE Main Exam Pattern||JEE Advanced Exam Pattern|
|JEE Main Rank Predictor||JEE Advanced Rank Predictor|
IIT JEE 2019 Exam Dates
Phase 1: JEE (Main) – Online Exam
- January 8th – 12th
- April 7th – 20th
Phase 2: JEE (Advanced) – Online Exam
19th of May 2019
- Paper 1 (9 am – 12 pm)
- Paper 2 (2 pm – 5 pm)
Importance of IIT JEE: Why Appear For This Exam?
If you are wondering what this exam is all about or what it’s worth, then to put it in simple terms, JEE is the most recognized exam and probably the only way for aspirants to get admissions into the top IITs and NITs in the country. Once students get admissions into these institutions, they will be offered some of the best resources including, teachers, facilities and other amenities.
Interestingly, apart from IIT colleges, other leading institutions also grant admissions based on JEE Advanced score. So it is a win-win situation for the candidates.
As mentioned above, IIT JEE has two stages including Main and Advanced. JEE Main is the preliminary stage which candidates have to appear before moving on to the next stage. As of 2019, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct JEE Main exams and will facilitate admissions into 20 IIITs, 31 NITs, and 18 other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs). JEE Main 2019 will happen in multiple sessions and the total slots that will be included will be eight for both the January and April exams. Moving on, JEE Main comprises of two papers where;
- Paper 1 is mainly for B.Tech students and is computer-based. It includes sections like maths, physics and chemistry.
- Paper 2 is set for B.Arch programmes. This paper is either computer-based or a written-based test. The test includes mathematics and aptitude test which will be a computer-based test. Students have to go through the drawing exam which will be in offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
- Paper 1 is conducted in two shifts per day whereas Paper 2 will be completed in one shift.
- Students can appear for one or both the exams. However, only the better score between the two will be considered for admissions.
- JEE Main merit list will be exclusively based on percentile scores and not on raw marks obtained by aspirants.
Learn more about JEE Main 2019 by following the given link.
Once aspirants secure the desired score in the JEE Main they will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. The main purpose of JEE Advanced is to provide admissions for B.E. or B.Tech. courses and includes 23 IIT and 9 Primer institutes.
In 2019, the exam will be conducted in the form of a computer-based test (online) and will include two papers. The test will be carried out in two sessions on the same day and it is worth mentioning that the only students who appear for both paper 1 and paper 2 will make it to the merit list. IIT Roorkee will administer the examination in 2019.
Get detailed information about IIT JEE Advanced including registration, eligibility, exam dates and more by clicking on the given link.
Important JEE Facts
IIT JEE is globally recognized as one of the most challenging engineering entrance examinations at the undergraduate level. Moreover, with almost 2 million students appearing for this exam every year the competition is intense. In 2018 alone, 1.15 million students registered for JEE Main. Around 2,24,000 qualified for JEE Advanced exams. However, only 1, 64, 822 number of candidates reportedly registered for JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Preparation Tips
It is important to realize that having a good preparation for JEE is crucial for candidates. JEE preparation requires a smart, systematic and continuous effort. While studying for IIT JEE students and aspirants need to be dedicated and have a proper study time-table in order to cover all the topics given in the vast JEE syllabus. The good thing here is that the questions that are asked in the exams are directly framed from the concepts taught in NCERT textbooks for maths, physics, and chemistry. In any case, students can check out a few useful tips below;
- The first thing that students should do is have a proper timetable. Having a dedicated study time and follow it with religiously. Allocate proper time for each subject so that the entire syllabus is covered and revisions can effectively be done before the exams.
- Another important tip that students can follow is to know the in and out of the syllabus. Being thorough with the syllabus will help students to get an insight into the important topics and focus on spending more time studying these topics. One trick here is that as students will be preparing for both their board and IIT JEE exam simultaneously, they should compare the syllabus to know the common topics.
- It is very crucial for students to get a clear understanding of all the fundamentals as JEE exams are designed specifically to test the student’s knowledge about certain topics and how they approach specific problems as well find solutions.
- Students should know that using too many reference books or inappropriate study material can have a negative impact on their preparation. Thus, they should limit their resources and instead go for the right and helpful books. Students can start their preparation by going through their respective Class XII textbooks and they can also refer to NCERT books as these hold a greater significance. Here students should also remember to study topic wise and not just subject wise.
- In order to prepare effectively for JEE 2019, students should engage themselves in solving past question papers or sample papers as well as attempt mock tests. This will not only help candidates be aware of their preparation level but figure out which areas they need to improve and manage time properly. This will also help raise the confidence level of the aspirants.
To get the complete study plan for cracking JEE Exam visit the given link.
Advantages of Pursuing a Career in IITs
Candidates who appear for IIT JEE exam have one main goal or aim -to land a seat in some of the top IITs in India. Besides, this is the main driving force for many to work hard and get through this competitive exam. Successful candidates who crack the exam have a bright career to look forward to.
Joining an IIT is not all about excelling in the field of engineering or research but these institutes offer a lot more. Apart from academic learning IITs can significantly change a student’s life and help them develop better life skills, etc. IITs are a great platform and a step towards achieving greater success.
Given below are some of the key advantages of joining and pursuing courses in IIT colleges.
- IITs offer the best resources to students to develop their talent to the full potential. These institutions offer some of the best mentors and facilities that cater to most of the needs of the students.
- Students can study with some of the brilliant minds harnessing valuable experience and knowledge about certain things.
- IITs have some of India’s experienced and top professors for teaching and research work.
- Apart from just academic learning IITs also focus on the overall personality development of each student. The institutes have facilities for sports as well as communities for arts and culture.
- Studying in IITs have one major benefit. Students have a high chance of landing a lucrative job in some of the top companies in the world with high salaries.
BYJU’S IIT JEE Solution
We at BYJU’s are providing a comprehensive course for aspirants who are planning to appear for IIT JEE. The course comes with a validity of 2 years and covers the entire JEE syllabus. Students will get access to video lectures by experts for Physics, Chemistry and Math subjects.
Furthermore, with our adaptive learning and visualization techniques, students will experience better learning and retention of concepts. The course also includes chapter-wise and full-length tests with tips and tricks and solutions for easy revision. Students can also get their doubts cleared from the experts as we also facilitate interaction with personal online teachers. Made by IITians and other top professors this course might be everything students need for their JEE preparations.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get more information on IIT JEE eligibility criteria, application form, syllabus, previous years question papers, sample papers, and other exam related details.