RRB NTPC Exam 2021 recruitment is not yet started by the Railway Recruitment Board. The details for 2021 Railway NTPC exam will be updated here once the notification is out.
The RRB NTPC exam is conducted by the Railway Board. Candidates can know more about other RRB Exams, in the given link. In the meantime, you can go through the information for 2020, 2019 and previous years.
RRB NTPC Exam 2019- 2020 – RRB NTPC 2019-20 CBT exams are put on hold due to the prevailing situation of COVID 19 in the country. The revised exam dates will be announced by the board in due course. The RRB NTPC 2019-20 recruitment process commenced in December 2020 after the ease of restriction imposed for the first wave of COVID 19. The 6th phase exam of the first stage of RRB NTPC 2019 was conducted in April, 2021. The RRB NTPC Phase 6 Exam was conducted on April 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8, 2021. The revised exam dates for the next phase will be announced by the board in due course.
The new date RRB NTPC CBT I phase II is January 16th to January 30th 2021. The phase 1 of RRB NTPC CBT I is scheduled to be conducted from December 28th 2020 to January 13th 2021.
NTPC CBT I Phase I has been conducted for approximately 23 lakhs candidates while for Phase 2 of RRB NTPC CBT I exam will see around 27 lakh candidates.
Applicants can download the region-wise admit card for the Non-Technical and popular Category exam on the RRB NTPC Admit Card page linked here.
The official RRB NTPC 2020 exam dates for 35208 vacancies is announced by the Railway Recruitment Board CEO and Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav in an interview on 2nd December.
Earlier all the exams by Railway board were expected to start by December 15th, he clarified that the exam for non-technical 35,208 posts, examinations will start from December 28 and will be completed by the end of March 2021.
The detailed schedule for RRB NTPC Exam (CEN 01/2019) is as follows-
|RRB NTPC Exam 2020 Date||Date|
|RRB NTPC 2019-20 (CEN 01/2019)||December 28, 2020, to March 2021
Phase 1 – December 28th 2020 to January 13th 2021
Phase 2 – January 16th 2020 to January 30th 2020
RRB NTPC Exam – Latest Update
- On December 23rd 2020, the Railway Board has made available the call letter for RRB NTPC (CEN 01/2019) exam on the official website to conduct the NTPC exam from December 28th onwards.
- Railway Board has released the exam city and date intimation form for all the candidates appearing for the Non-Technical and Popular Category exam from December 28th 2020.
- The Railway Recruitment Board has released revised normalization formula for the score calculation in the RRB NTPC exam. The marks in RRB NTPC recruitment exam will be calculated on the basis of the average score of the top 1 percent of the candidates considering all shifts. The marks will be calculated up to 5 decimal places. Detailed information is available on the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern page linked here.
RRB NTPC Application Status [Out] – Railway Board has activated the links of application status RRB NTPC exam from September 21st. Applicants can check NTPC application status till September 30th, 2020. Applicants of railway NTPC 2019 exam can check RRB NTPC Application Status from the official websites of regional RRBs (check the link provided).
As per the updates by RRB Officials, the recruitment board was in the process of finalizing the private agency to conduct NTPC 2019 and other RRB exam soon. Hence, the exam dates for NTPC CBT 1 and other exams are announced by RRB Chairman on September 5th 2020.
|Preparing for RRB NTPC exam? Give a finishing touch to your RRB NTPC preparation with:|
Candidates can give an edge to the preparation for NTPC exam by taking the Free Online RRB NTPC Live Course. It will help candidates revise the whole syllabus and gain an edge over competitors in the Railway NTPC exam.
Railway NTPC Exam
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Exam to fill various auxiliary posts in the Indian Railways. The recruitment is done for the following posts:
- Junior Clerk cum Typist
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Time Keeper
- Trains Clerk
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Traffic Assistant
- Goods Guard
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist
- Senior Time Keeper
- Commercial Apprentice
- Station Master
It is these posts of the RRB NTPC that keep the well-oiled machinery of the Indian Railways running, thus they play a crucial role in its day-to-day functioning. In this article, we will take you through RRB NTPC Exam 2019 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Dates and lots more.
For further information check RRB NTPC Full Form in detail.
RRB NTPC Related Links:
RRB NTPC Notification
The RRB has announced a total 35277 vacancies for the Non-Technical Popular Categories as per the latest notification released on February 28th, 2019. The applications for RRB NTPC exam began on March 1st, 2019. Candidates can visit the official RRB website (http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/) to register for the exam.
For more detailed information on the RRB NTPC Notification, you can visit the linked article
RRB NTPC Exam Date
The RRB NTPC exam date for 2019 examination is scheduled from December 15th 2020. The Railway Board will announce the final schedule of RRB NTPC Exam date 2020 on the official websites of RRBs.
Candidates are advised to keep a track of NTPC page and official website for regular updates. The table below highlights the RRB NTPC Recruitment dates:
|RRB NTPC 2019-20 Exam Dates|
|RRB NTPC Events||NTPC Dates|
|RRB NTPC Notification Released||February 28th, 2019|
|RRB NTPC Apply Online start date||March 1st, 2019|
|RRB NTPC Apply Online last date||March 31st, 2019|
|RRB NTPC Application Fee Payment Last Date||April 5th,2019 at 11:59 PM|
|Final submission of NTPC Applications||April 12th, .2019 at 11: 59 PM|
|RRB NTPC Exam Dates||December 28th 2020 onwards|
RRB NTPC Eligibility
The candidates writing the RRB NTPC exam must keep the following eligibility criteria in mind in order to appear for the exam:
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: Candidates must be between the age group of 18 years to 30 years.
- Education: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, should have at least passed the 12th Std.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates should pass certain medical standards as prescribed by the RRB.
To know more in detail about the eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the RRB NTPC Eligibility page.
RRB NTPC Recruitment
The RRB Recruitment process for the NTPC exam ensures that the candidates of exceptional calibre are recruited for the various posts in the Indian Railways. It is a multi-stage selection process designed to test the candidate’s intelligence and physical fitness. Only a few manage to pass this process.
Check RRB Result page for further information.
The following table gives a general overview of the RRB NTPC Recruitment Process:
|RRB NTPC Recruitment 2021|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) for RRB NTPC, Paramedical Staff, and Ministerial and Isolated Posts
Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) for Level 1 Posts
|Name of the Posts||Various Posts Under Each Category|
|Job Category||Government Job (Central Government)|
|Vacancies||To be notified|
|Work Location||All Over India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Stages of Exam||Varies according to the post|
For more details about the RRB NTPC Recruitment process, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC Exam Pattern consists of the following stages:
- CBT Stage – 1
- CBT Stage – 2
- Skill / Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
*Note: The Skill Test is applicable for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Accountant Assistant, Senior Clerk cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper, while the aptitude test is for those who have applied for the post of Traffic Assistant and Assistant Station Master.
To know more about the syllabus of all the RRB Exams, visit the RRB Syllabus page
RRB NTPC Syllabus
The sections for both the stages of the RRB NTPC CBT Exam are the same. They are as follows:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
The only difference is the number of questions asked in each stage. It is 100 questions in CBT Stage – 1 while it is 120 questions in CBT Stage – 2. Both stages have a duration of 90 minutes each.
To ease out your general awareness preparation for the exam we have collated important Static GK topics (link is given above) in the linked page.
Candidates can also save their time for preparing other subjects as we keep a track of daily, weekly and monthly track of current Affairs (link provided above) to make your preparation a smooth ride.
RRB NTPC Preparation
Through the RRB NTPC exam candidates will get a chance to become a part of a prestigious Central Government institution. Due to its highly competitive nature, the RRB NTPC exam needs an air-tight preparation strategy to crack it.
To that extent, applicants need to be familiar with both the RRB NTPC Syllabus and its subsequent exam pattern for a sound preparation strategy. Once both the syllabus and the exam pattern is understood, then passing the exam will be easy.
To abreast themselves with the latest exam pattern and syllabus candidates can refer sample papers or previous year question papers.
The strategy for RRB NTPC exam preparation is given in brief below:
- Check the RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria
- Understanding the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern properly
- Go through the detailed RRB NTPC Syllabus.
- Having a clear concept on the various topics in the RRB NTPC exam
- Refer important study materials related to the topics in the exam
- Focusing on certain exam preparation plans
- Solve Online Quiz related to RRB NTPC to analyse your preparation level.
To get more preparation tips and tricks to help in cracking the exam, the candidates can visit the RRB NTPC Preparation page
RRB NTPC Apply Online
To register for the RRB NTPC exam this 2019, candidates must visit the official RRB website to fill the application form.
The steps for RRB NTPC registration are as follows:
- Step 1 – Visit the official RRB website
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the essential details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment for the payment of the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process is now completed.
To know more in detail about the application process visit the RRB NTPC Apply Online page.
RRB NTPC Admit Card
Railway Recruitment Board has released the admit card for the Railway NTPC Exam 2020 on December 23rd. The facility to download the RRB NTPC Admit Card will be made available on the official website at least 10 days before the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the RRB NTPC Official Website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download RRB NTPC Admit Card
- Visit the RRB website of the region you have applied for (http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Admit Card”
- Enter your date of birth in the format prescribed or your password as received by you at the time of application
- Once submitted, your RRB NTPC Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches
- You can download your RRB NTPC Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
To get more information regarding the RRB NTPC Admit Card, visit the linked article.
A sound preparation strategy along with a clear understanding of basic concepts is the key for a candidate in clearing this competitive exam with relative ease.
RRB NTPC – Regional RRB Official Links
Candidates willing to appear for the next recruitment of RRB NTPC exam can directly fill the NTPC Application Form from the official links of Regional RRBs given below.
|RRB NTPC Apply Online Region – Wise|
|RRB Railway Zones||RRB Website Links To Apply For RRB NTPC|
The recruitment process for the Railways exam has become easier with the approval of the National Recruitment Agency. A Common Eligibility Test will be conducted to appoint candidates at Group B and Group C posts under SSC, RRB and IBPS. Aspirants can know more about NRA at the linked article.
For more preparation, related topics and study materials look no further than BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Question – RRB NTPC 2020-21
Q.1. Topics covered in RRB NTPC Syllabus?
Q.2. What is the maximum age to appear for RRB NTPC examination?
Q.3. What is the RRB NTPC exam date for CBT -1 in the 2020 exam?
Q.4. Does a 12th pass candidate fulfills RRB NTPC eligibility?
Q 5. Which is the best book to prepare mathematics for the NTPC exam?
Ans. To prepare effectively for the RRB NTPC Exam one must have a lot of reference books handy. The important mathematics books for RRB NTPC exam are:
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
RRB NTPC preparation page highlights important books for English, Reasoning and General Awareness section of NTPC exam, along with must follow exam strategies.