The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Exam to fill various auxiliary posts in the Indian Railways. The recruitment is done for the following posts:
- Junior Clerk cum Typist,
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist,
- Junior Time Keeper,
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk,
- Traffic Assistant,
- Goods Guard,
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk,
- Senior Clerk cum Typist,
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist,
- Senior Time Keeper,
- Commercial Apprentice
- Station Master
It is these posts of the RRB NTPC that keeps the well-oiled machinery of the Indian Railways running, thus they play a crucial role in its day-to-day functioning. In this article, we will take you through RRB NTPC Exam 2019 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Dates and lots more.
To know more about other upcoming Government Exams, you can visit the linked article
Table of Contents:
- RRB NTPC Notification
- RRB NTPC Eligibility
- RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
- RRB NTPC Syllabus
- RRB NTPC Apply Online
- RRB NTPC Recruitment
- RRB NTPC Preparation
- RRB NTPC Admit Card
To know more about other RRB Exams, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Notification
The RRB has announced a total 35277 vacancies for the Non-Technical Popular Categories as per the latest notification released on February 28th, 2019. The applications for RRB NTPC exam began on March 1st, 2019. Candidates can visit the official RRB website (http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/) to register for the exam.
For more detailed information on the RRB NTPC Notification, you can visit the linked article
RRB NTPC Eligibility
The candidates writing the RRB NTPC exam must keep the following eligibility criteria in mind in order to appear for the exam:
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: Candidates must be between the age group of 18 years to 30 years.
- Education: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, should have at least passed the 12th Std.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates should pass certain medical standards as prescribed by the RRB.
To know more in detail about the eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the RRB NTPC Eligibility page.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC Exam Pattern consists of the following stages:
- CBT Stage – 1
- CBT Stage – 2
- Skill / Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
*Note: The Skill Test is applicable for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Accountant Assistant, Senior Clerk cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper, while the aptitude test is for those who have applied for the post of Traffic Assistant and Assistant Station Master.
To know more about the syllabus of all the RRB Exams, visit the RRB Syllabus page
RRB NTPC Syllabus
The sections for both the stages of the RRB NTPC CBT Exam are the same. They are as follows:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
The only difference is the number of questions asked in each stage. It is 100 questions in CBT Stage – 1 while it is 120 questions in CBT Stage – 2. Both stages have a duration of 90 minutes each.
To ease out your general awareness preparation for the exam we have collated important Static GK topics in the linked page.
Candidates can also save their time for preparing other subjects as we keep a track of daily, weekly and monthly track of Current Affairs to make your preparation a smoothe ride.
To know more in detail about the wide range of topics covered both the stages, visit the RRB NTPC Syllabus Page.
RRB NTPC Apply Online
To register for the RRB NTPC exam this 2019, candidates must visit the official RRB website to fill the application form.
The steps for RRB NTPC registration is as follows:
- Step 1 – Visit the official RRB website
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the essential details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment for the payment of the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process is now completed.
To know more in detail about the application process visit the RRB NTPC Apply Online page.
RRB NTPC Recruitment
The RRB Recruitment process for the NTPC exam ensures that the candidates of exceptional caliber are recruited for the various posts in the Indian Railways. It is a multi-stage selection process designed to test the candidate’s intelligence and physical fitness. Only a few manage to pass this process.
The following table gives a general overview of the RRB NTPC Recruitment Process:
|RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) for RRB NTPC, Paramedical Staff, and Ministerial and Isolated Posts
Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) for Level 1 Posts
|Name of the Posts||Various Posts Under Each Category|
|Job Category||Government Job (Central Government)|
|Vacancies||1,30,000 + (35277 for RRB NTPC)|
|Work Location||All Over India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Stages of Exam||Varies according to the post|
For more details about the RRB NTPC Recruitment process, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Preparation
Through the RRB NTPC exam candidates will get a chance to become a part of a prestigious Central Government institution. Due to its highly competitive nature, the RRB NTPC exam needs an air-tight preparation strategy to crack it.
To that extent, applicants need to be familiar with both the RRB NTPC Syllabus and its subsequent exam pattern for a sound preparation strategy. Once both the syllabus and the exam pattern is understood, then passing the exam will be easy.
To abreast themselves with the latest exam pattern and syllabus candidates can refer NTPS Previous Year Question papers.
The strategy for RRB NTPC exam preparation is given in brief below:
- Check the RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria
- Understanding the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern properly
- Go through the detailed RRB NTPC Syllabus.
- Having a clear concept on the various topics in the RRB NTPC exam
- Refer important study materials related to the topics in the exam
- Focusing on certain exam preparation plans
- Solve Online Quiz related to RRB NTPC to analyse your preparation level.
To get more preparation tips and tricks to help in cracking the exam, the candidates can visit the RRB NTPC Preparation page
RRB NTPC Admit Card
With no major update available, the Railways Board would carry forward the RRB NTPC Exam 2019 to this year i.e. 2020. Hence, RRB NTPC Admit Card 2019 is expected to be released soon.
The facility to download the RRB NTPC Admit Card will be made available on the official website at least 10 days before the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the RRB NTPC Official Website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download RRB NTPC Admit Card
- Visit the RRB website of the region you have applied for (http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Admit Card”
- Enter your date of birth in the format prescribed or your password as received by you at the time of application
- Once submitted, your RRB NTPC Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches
- You can download your RRB NTPC Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
To get more information regarding the RRB NTPC Admit Card, visit the linked article.
A sound preparation strategy along with a clear understanding of basic concepts is the key for a candidate in clearing this competitive exam with relative ease. For more preparation, related topics and study materials look no further than BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Question – RRB NTPC 2020
Q.1. Topics covered in RRB NTPC Syllabus?
Q.2. What is the maximum age to appear for RRB NTPC examination?
Q.3. What is the RRB NTPC exam date for CBT -1 in the 2019-2020 exam?
Q.4. Does a 12th pass candidate fulfills RRB NTPC eligibility?
Q 5. Which is the best book to prepare mathematics for the NTPC exam?
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
RRB NTPC preparation page highlights important books for English, Reasoning and General Awareness section of NTPC exam along with must follow exam strategies.