The RRB NTPC Exam is expected to be held between June and September 2019. Thus, will begin one of the toughest exams in the country where millions of candidates will compete for a few thousand vacancies. A good preparation strategy will be the difference between success and defeat.
Applicants need to have a thorough understanding of both the RRB NTPC Syllabus and its subsequent exam pattern for a sound RRB NTPC Preparation strategy. Once both the syllabus and the exam pattern is understood, this article will give tips on how each topic of the RRB NTPC Exam can be attempted with ease.
To know more about other RRB Exams, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Preparation 2019
The main factor that goes into making a RRB NTPC preparation strategy for the exam is to ensure that negative marking is prevented or at least that there is as little of it as possible and of course studying from day one also helps. Other important points to keep in mind about the exam are as follows:
- The candidates must know that the exam covers 3 sections: General Awareness, Reasoning, and Mathematics.
- There are a total of 3 stages of RRB NTPC exam: Prelims, Mains and Skill/ Aptitude test
- The negative marking will deduct 1/3rd of the total marks.
- Candidates must go through the RRB NTPC Syllabus thoroughly before starting the preparation as a proper understanding of the topics are a key to cracking the exam.
To know more about other Government Exams, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
It is important for the candidates to know the Exam Pattern of the RRB NTPC exam as it a crucial element in the RRB NTPC Preparation strategy.
The following table highlights, in brief, the exam pattern of RRB NTPC CBT -1:
|RRB NTPC CBT – 1 Exam Pattern 2019|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
|No of Questions – 100||Time – 90 Minutes|
*Note: Only candidates who clear the CBT- 1 exam will be qualified to appear in the next stage
To know more about the eligibility criteria, visit the RRB NTPC Eligibility page.
The following table highlights the exam pattern of RRB NTPC CBT -2
|RRB NTPC CBT – 2 Exam Pattern 2019|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35|
|No of Questions – 120||Time – 90 Minutes|
To know more about the specific topics of the exam, visit the RRB NTPC Syllabus page
Now that a general idea of the exam has been given, the preparation tips for each section can now be highlighted.
RRB NTPC Preparation – General Awareness
This is the section in which candidates face moderate difficulty, but it is also the section where they can score the maximum number of marks so long as they stay updated with the daily news and current affairs. The candidates should keep the following tips and tricks in mind to help them crack the General Awareness Section easily:
- Reading the newspaper every day is a crucial habit that one must develop and also watching the news.
- Candidates should be stay updated about national and international events with more emphasis on national events.
- About 1-2 Mock Tests of the RRB NTPC Exam must be taken every day
- Subscribe to a weekly Magazine of Current Affairs and read them diligently.
- Moreover, candidates should not miss out on the areas of Business, Politics, and Economics and they should definitely take out at least 3 hours per day to practice on the General Awareness section of the exam
RRB NTPC Preparation – General Intelligence and Reasoning
Candidates can prepare for the Reasoning Section very easily with the help of the following tips:
- Reasoning can be strengthened by solving various types of puzzles and playing tricky games.
- One can always improve their skills in reasoning and logic with the right techniques.
- At least 4 topics of Reasoning Syllabus in a day must be studied upon.
- At least about 1 or 2 RRB NTPC Mock Tests on Reasoning and General Intelligence must be attempted.
- Hands-on shortcuts can be tried from time to time but one must not rely on them solely.
Get more tips and tricks the pass the Railways Exams, by visiting our RRB Preparation page.
RRB NTPC Preparation – Mathematics
Preparing for the Mathematics section is not a difficult task although it may seem like it. By devoting at least 3-4 hours per day on this section can enable candidates to easily crack this section with high marks. The following tips and tricks on the Mathematics section will prove useful for candidates:
- The candidates do not need to prepare for the higher level mathematics subjects . Preparing up to the 12th standard level will be enough.
- Candidates must ensure that they practice for at least 3 -4 hours per day and that no topic must be neglected during the practice sessions.
- Candidates must have all the formulas and shortcuts on their fingertips.
- More focus should be on the topics that are difficult and less time must be allotted for the easy sections.
- It is not recommended to memorize the formulas. The development of an accurate and firm understanding of the numerical equations is the right method to prepare for this section.
To know more about the RRB Syllabus, visit the linked article.
RRB NTPC Books
To prepare effectively for the RRB NTPC Exam one must have a lot of reference books handy. These books will help the candidates focus better on the subject matter at hand and ultimately score high marks in the exam.
The section wise reference books are:
RRB NTPC Books for General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Manorama Yearbook
- Arihant General Knowledge 2019
- NCERT Books – Class X, XII
RRB NTPC Books for Mathematics
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
RRB NTPC Books for Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
- Lucent’s General Intelligence and Reasoning
With a sound preparation strategy along with a clear understanding of basic concepts, it is possible for a candidate to crack this competitive exam with relative ease. For more preparation, related topics and study materials look no further than BYJU’S.