JEE Main result 2022 is published by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Main score of the candidates is mostly released via online mode only. Candidates should note that no physical marks card copies will be sent. For the year 2022, the exam authority will declare two results as the entrance exam will be held in two different sessions – June and July sessions.
The JEE Main result 2022 can be viewed or downloaded from the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in.) of NTA, once the results are out. The step-by-step procedure to check and download JEE Main 2022 result is given below.
Table of Content
- JEE Main 2022 Result Dates
- How to Check And Download JEE Main 2022 Result
- What Details Are Mentioned In JEE Main Result?
- Calculation/ Normalization Of JEE Main 2022 Scores
- What Happens If There Is A Tie?
- JEE Main 2022 Final Result
- BYJU’S JEE Solution
JEE Main 2022 Result Dates
The JEE Main 2022 result for session 1 is declared on July 10th, 2022. Candidates can download their score cards for the JEE Main 2022 Session 1 using their credentials such as application number and date of birth. Students can download the score cards for the JEE Main 2022 session 2 from 8th August 2022. NTA generally publish the results on the official website.
|JEE Main result date 2022 (June Session)||July 10, 2022 (Result out)|
|JEE Main result date 2022 (July Session)||August 08, 2022 (Result available now)|
How to Check And Download JEE Main 2022 Result?
To view and download the result, candidates should,
- Visit the official website: jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- After landing on the page, click on the “JEE Main 2022 Result” link. (Link title may be different every time)
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will need to enter your exam session details, application number, date of birth and security pin to log in.
- On successful entry, your results will be displayed.
- You can download your JEE Main result or take a printout for further reference.
What Details Are Mentioned In JEE Main Result
The following details will be displayed and candidates need to check them properly:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Parents’ name
- State code of eligibility
- Category and nationality
- Subject-wise NTA scores
- Total NTA scores obtained in the respective attempt
The candidate’s particulars including Category and Person with Disability (PwD) will be indicated as mentioned by the candidate in the online application form.
Also, Check Out The Following Links
|JEE Main Marks vs Ranks|
|JEE Apex Board is now conducting JEE Main and JEE Advanced|
|JEE Main Cutoffs|
|JEE Main Rank Predictor|
Calculation/ Normalization Of JEE Main 2022 Scores
NTA Scores are normalized scores across multi-session papers and are based on the relative performance of all those who appeared for the examination in one session. The marks obtained are converted into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees.
The NTA Score of a Candidate has been calculated as follows:
The NTA scores for JEE Main 2022 Paper-1, 2A and 2B for all the sessions will be merged together for determining the final exam result and the overall JEE Main 2022 merit list. The best of the two JEE Main scores will be considered.
Candidates should note that the NTA Score of the Total is NOT an aggregate or average of the NTA Score of an individual subject. NTA score is also not the same as the percentage of marks obtained.
In any case, the final ranks of the candidates will be declared after all the sessions (June and July Sessions of JEE Main 2022) are conducted. For determining the ranks, NTA will consider only the best of the two-session scores in accordance with the policy.
Meanwhile, candidates should also note that there is a great difference between JEE Main percentage and percentile score. They are calculated differently as follows.
- Calculating JEE Main Percentage: (100 × Marks obtained by candidate) / Total marks
- Calculating JEE Main Percentile 2022: (100 × Number of candidates in the session with aggregate marks less than that obtained by the candidate) / Total number of candidates who appeared in that session
What Happens If There Is A Tie?
If there is a tie between two candidates in JEE results then the authorities as per their policy will sort out any confusion. Basically, the ranks will be determined as follows:
- First preference: A candidate with higher marks in Mathematics will receive a higher rank.
- Second preference, a candidate with more marks in Physics will be issued a higher rank than others.
- Third preference, a candidate who has a higher percentile score in Chemistry will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is not broken still then the date of birth of the candidate will be considered. Here, whoever is older will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is still not broken then ultimately the same ranks are given.
Check Out These: JEE-NEET Success Stories
JEE Main 2022 Final Result
NTA is conducting JEE Main 2022 in two sessions. While this is a new change in the exam pattern, the results will also be announced for each session. However, the final result will be declared after the final session only. The final JEE Main result that will be released by NTA will mostly likely contain:
- Total scores obtained in all the sessions
- Best score from all the JEE Main sessions
- All India Rank
- Candidate’s category
JEE Mains Result 2022 Re-Evaluation Facility
As per the information shared by the National Testing Agency (NTA), will be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of JEE Main result 2022. The scores that the candidates see in the result will be deemed final.
BYJU’S JEE Solution
BYJU’s tradition of being successful has made it a pioneer for online courses in the field of JEE Main. We have made great strides over the years and our vision of providing above par professional education has helped many JEE aspirants to achieve their dream. The excellent results shown by BYJU’S students in JEE Main is evidence of our highly effective coaching program. In 2020, BYJU’S has produced outstanding results in JEE Main, which is in itself a huge accomplishment. Our goal is to help students achieve great results in the future as well.
|JEE Mock Test|
|BYJU’S National Aptitude Test|
|BYJU’S Online Classroom Program|
|BYJU’S – The Learning App for JEE|
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Main Results
How to check JEE Main 2022 result?
How much percentile is required to get admission in NITs?
Are Category Ranks and All India Ranks the same?
I appeared for all the sessions of JEE Main. Which scores will be counted while declaring the result?
When will the JEE Main 2022 results be announced?
NTA announced the JEE Main 2022 Session 1 results on 10th July 2022. The JEE Main session 2 results are announced on 8th August, 2022.