Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) conducts exams for various posts in state governmental departments. The exams take place annually. MPPSC (State Service Exam) is held in three stages. The first stage which is a Preliminary Stage has two exams in a day and these usually take place in the month of April. However, MPPSC 2019 Prelims have yet not taken place due to the postponement of the same. In effect, MPPSC Mains and Interview that were scheduled to take place in July 2019 and November 2019 respectively have been moved forward. The New notification is still awaited.
To check the new date of MPPSC Prelims and MPPSC Mains 2019, refer to MPPSC official websites- mppsc.nic.in and mponline.gov.in.
The MPPSC (State Service Exam) details are given in the table below:
|Name Of The Exam||State Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|MPPSC Exam Pattern||MPPSC Exam is conducted in three stages (similar to UPSC Civil Services Exam):
|Latest Updates||The MPPSC 2019 Prelim Exam has been postponed. New MPPSC Notification is still awaited
For more updates, the official websites are:
|MPPSC Syllabus||Check the updated MPPSC Syllabus of the prelims and mains 2019|
|MPPSC Eligibility||Few Pointers:
|MPPSC Exam Notification 2019||Check the detailed MPPSC Notification 2019 in the linked article.|
|MPPSC Exam Dates||The tentative dates:
|MPPSC Admit Card||Yet to be out|
As per the proposed calendar, the following exams are conducted yearly by MPPSC.
- State service exam 2019
- State forest service exam 2019
- State engineering service exam 2019
- Assistant Geologist exam 2019
- Assistant (Farmer Welfare andDevelopment Department) Exam 2019
- Sub- Inspector exam 2019
- Scientific Officer exam 2019
- Assistant Horticulture Officer Exam 2019
- Assistant Officer (Social Justice Department) Exam 2019
- Assistant Fisheries Development Officer Exam 2019
For MPPSC notification and study material, keep reading.
MPPSC 2019 Notification
As per the exam calendar 2019, the notification dates are as below:
|State Service Exam 2019||January 2019|
|State Forest Service Exam 2019||January 2019|
|State Engineering Service Exam 2019||February 2019|
|Assistant Geologist Exam 2019||March 2019|
|Sub-Inspector Exam 2019||March 2019|
|Scientific Officer Exam 2019||March 2019|
|Assistant Horticulture Officer Exam 2019||March 2019|
|Assistant Fisheries Development Officer Exam 2019||April 2019|
Update in the M.P. Public Service Commission- State Services Exams
The M.P. PSC State Service Exam stands suspended amid Lok Sabha polls and the new Model Code of Conduct that has come into being. The prelims exam that was to be held in April 2019, is said to be postponed.
Tentative New Dates of MP PSC 2019 Exam
MPPSC Prelims and Mains Exams’ dates are yet to be announced by the commission. To check the new dates, click on the official site of MPPSC.
MPPSC Eligibility Criteria
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service (MPPSC) sets the eligibility criteria for the various exams conducted by it. Check below, the MPPSC age limit, educational qualification for the State Service Exam 2019 and eligibility related information for other exams.
PCS Exam Eligibility;
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Male candidates with more than one wife (living) are not eligible
- Female candidates who have married a person already having a wife (living) are not eligible.
- Candidates claiming age relaxation/reservation in more than one category for the MP PSC Exam shall be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial.
The MPPSC exam eligibility criteria, qualifications and conditions are given below
MPPSC Age Limit
The age limit for MP PSC State Service Exam:
- Minimum age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years. (The maximum age limit is said to be relaxed till 35 for both domiciles and other candidates after Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has decided to relax the age.)
- The MP PSC notification has listed the age relaxation for different categories/posts in the PCS exam eligibility
The educational qualification for the PCS exam is:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University or equivalent qualification
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognized by the State Government as equivalent to a professional or technical degree
The PCS exam eligibility also includes Physical Measurements/Fitness for certain posts. Candidates have to undergo a medical test after the interview to be considered eligible.
The major portion of the syllabus for prelims and mains overlap with IAS Exam. MPPSC has shared both prelims and mains syllabus separately. While Prelims being an objective exam demands candidates focus on minute details about the topics given, Mains exam demands candidates to be analytical with their approach.
For detailed MPPSC Syllabus, candidates can check the linked article.
MPPSC Study Material
For any exam, the availability of study material makes the most important element. While a few topics from the syllabus are better done if candidates made hand-written notes; other topics can be covered through reading other sources.
Check below links to download the important material to help align your preparation:
- For NCERT books- Click here
- For NCERT notes of General Studies Paper 1 (History, Geography) Click here
- Check Daily News Analysis for updating your current affairs.
- To Follow monthly magazines, Download Yojana Magazine Gist.
To get a clear idea on how to prepare MPPSC 2019, check the linked article, MPPSC Preparation.