On 17th December 2020, UPSC Admit Card for the Civil Services (Mains) Examination 2020 has been released on the commission’s official website. The UPSC Mains is going to take place from 8th January 2021 onwards. The IAS Mains 2020 admit card will be available on the UPSC’s website till 17th January 2021 up to 4 PM.
Direct Link to Download UPSC Admit Card 2020 (Civil Services Mains Examination)
The commission has recently released the UPSC Prelims Result 2020. The Prelims examination took place on 4th October while the UPSC Admit Card for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2020 was released on 1st August 2020.
Candidates can read on to know how to download the admit card for UPSC CSE Mains 2020. Also, read the important instructions to be followed regarding UPSC Admit Card 2020 for CSE Mains here:
Aspirants should visit the official website of UPSC for any updates related to the exam. All the exam-related relevant information is given in the UPSC Admit Card.
UPSC Admit Card 2020 – Salient Points
- Candidates can download the UPSC admit card for Mains 2020 from the UPSC official website – https://upsc.gov.in/
- By entering the Roll No. or the Registration ID, candidates can download their Admit Cards for Mains 2020. The last date to download the UPSC Mains admit card 2020 will be announced by the commission.
- Candidates who are unable to find their admit cards online are advised to download the UPSC notice that mentions the names of the candidates whose applications have been rejected due to fictitious fees payment.
- UPSC 2020 Fictitious Fees Payment – Rejected Applications for Prelims 2020:- Download PDF Here
- UPSC had started its application withdrawal process from 12th March 2020 and the same was finished at 6 PM on 18 March 2020.
Important Instructions to Download IAS Admit Card for Mains 2020
- Candidates are advised to bring any discrepancy found on their admit card to the commission at the earliest.
- The print out of the UPSC e-admit card has to be carried along with the candidates’ original identity card (as mentioned on the admit card).
- The candidates have to bring their photographs with them to the examination centre if their photo on the admit card is blurred or has any other error.
Steps to Download UPSC Admit Card for IAS Mains 2020
- The IAS admit cards are UPSC e-admit cards i.e. they are not sent by post and candidates have to download them from the official UPSC website and take the printout.
- Navigate to upsc.gov.in in the browser and click on “Admit Cards” on the right or navigate to upsconline.nic.in and click on “e-Admit Cards for various examinations of UPSC”
- Then you will be redirected to a page which lists the various UPSC exams for which the e-Admit Cards are available. Other than e-Admit cards for exams, UPSC also issues e-Summons and e-Admit cards for various recruitment posts.
- Click on Civil Services (Mains) exam 2020 to download your IAS admit card for UPSC Mains 2020.
- Before downloading the IAS admit card, you will be asked to enter your Registration Id or Roll Number for the UPSC Mains 2020.
- The IAS admit card will open as a PDF. Download it and take a print out of this UPSC hall ticket which you have to carry with you for all the papers of civil services (Mains) exam.
In case you have forgotten your Registration Id for UPSC Mains and do not know your roll number yet, you can click on the “Forgot RID” option and fill in the required details (Your Name, Father’s and Mother’s Name, Your Date of Birth) and submit to view the registration id. You can proceed to download the IAS admit card following the normal process after this.
Following Details are Given on the UPSC Admit Card or IAS Hall Ticket
- Name of exam
- Date of exam
- Name of candidate
- Roll No.
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- UPSC exam centre
- Venue of exam
- Time Table of IAS Mains
- General instructions for candidates
Candidates should check out the complete syllabus for IAS exam 2020 as a reference for the upcoming exam.
General instructions on UPSC hall ticket for IAS aspirants
On the IAS admit card for UPSC Mains, the following instructions for candidates are given:
- Mobile phones, calculators, communication and Bluetooth devices are not allowed in the exam hall. Disciplinary action will be initiated against the candidates flouting this rule.
- Candidates have to write the exam using a black ballpoint pen.
- Candidates should read all the “Important Instructions” which they have downloaded along with their IAS admit card.
For the latest details on UPSC 2021, refer to the linked article.
Discrepancy, Omission or Mistake on UPSC Admit Card 2020
If any detail on the UPSC hall ticket for IAS Mains 2020 is incorrect such as name/roll number/parents’ name etc., then candidates should immediately reach out to the UPSC at official email-id email@example.com or call the facilitation counters between 9 AM – 6 PM on working days.
|Postal Address:||UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069|
|Email:||For Technical Problem – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Applicant Data – email@example.com
List of Exams Conducted by UPSC
UPSC follows a common procedure for making admit cards available to candidates, i.e through the official website and not through post or email. For the list of exams given below, follow the same procedure as for downloading the IAS admit card for UPSC Mains 2020.
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination
- Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination
- National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice
- Indian Forest Service examination
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces(Assistant Commandant) Examination