The release of UPSC Admit Card 2020 is expected three weeks prior to the Prelims Examination which is scheduled for 4th October 2020. As an effect, aspirants can expect the UPSC Admit Card to be released on 15th or 16th September 2020, however, the official release date can differ. Admit Card for Mains will be out before the UPSC Mains examination that is scheduled from 8th January 2021.
Aspirants should visit the official website of UPSC for any updates related to the exam. All the exam-related relevant information is given in the UPSC Admit Card.
UPSC Admit Card 2020 – Salient Points
- Candidates can download the UPSC admit card for Prelims 2020 from the UPSC official website – https://upsc.gov.in/
- By entering the Roll No. or the Registration ID, candidates can download their Admit Cards for Prelims 2020.
- Candidates who are unable to find their admit cards online are advised to download the UPSC notice that mentions the names of the candidates whose applications have been rejected due to fictitious fees payment.
- UPSC 2020 Fictitious Fees Payment – Rejected Applications for Prelims 2020:- Download PDF Here
- UPSC had started its application withdrawal process from 12th March 2020 and the same was finished at 6 PM on 18 March 2020.
Steps to download UPSC admit card for IAS Prelims 2020
- The IAS admit cards are UPSC e-admit cards i.e. they are not sent by post and candidates have to download them from the official UPSC website and take the printout.
- Navigate to upsc.gov.in in the browser and click on “Admit Cards” on the right or navigate to upsconline.nic.in and click on “e-Admit Cards for various examinations of UPSC”
- Then you will be redirected to a page which lists the various UPSC exams for which the e-Admit Cards are available. Other than e-Admit cards for exams, UPSC also issues e-Summons and e-Admit cards for various recruitment posts.
- Click on Civil Services (Prelims) exam 2020 to download your IAS admit card for UPSC Prelims 2020 once it is released.
- Before downloading the IAS admit card, you will be asked to enter your Registration Id or Roll Number for the UPSC Prelims 2020.
- The IAS admit card will open as a PDF. Download it and take a print out of this UPSC hall ticket which you have to carry with you for both papers of IAS Prelims.
For more instructions on how to download UPSC Exam Admit Card 2020, check here.
In case you have forgotten your Registration Id for UPSC Prelims and do not know your roll number yet, you can click on the “Forgot RID” option and fill in the required details (Your Name, Father’s and Mother’s Name, Your Date of Birth) and submit to view the registration id. You can proceed to download the IAS admit card following the normal process after this.
Refer to this link for complete information on UPSC Prelims 2020 including syllabus, preparation strategy and free IAS study material.
Following details are given on the UPSC admit card or IAS Hall Ticket
- Name of exam
- Date of exam
- Name of candidate
- Roll No.
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- UPSC exam centre
- Venue of exam
- Time Table of IAS Prelims
- General instructions for candidates
For reference of IAS aspirants, a template of UPSC hall ticket for Civil Services (Prelims) Examination is given below.
Candidates should check out the complete syllabus for IAS exam 2020 as a reference for the upcoming exam.
General instructions on UPSC hall ticket for IAS aspirants
On the IAS admit card for UPSC Prelims, the following instructions for candidates are given:
- Mobile phones, calculators, communication and Bluetooth devices are not allowed in the exam hall. Disciplinary action will be initiated against the candidates flouting this rule.
- Candidates can only fill the OMR sheet for UPSC Prelims ( General Studies and CSAT) using a black ballpoint pen
- Candidates should read all the “Important Instructions” which they have downloaded along with their IAS admit card.
Candidates need to carry their two photographs in case their photo is blurry on the IAS admit card 2020. Also, an original photo identity card has to be brought along with the print out of the UPSC hall ticket on the day of IAS Prelims.
For the latest details on UPSC 2020 Exam, refer to the linked article.
Discrepancy, omission or mistake on UPSC admit card 2020
If any detail on the UPSC hall ticket for IAS Prelims 2020 is incorrect such as name/roll number/parents’ name etc., then candidates should immediately reach out to the UPSC at official email-id firstname.lastname@example.org or call the facilitation counters between 9 AM – 6 PM on working days.
|Postal Address:||UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069|
List of exams conducted by UPSC
UPSC follows a common procedure for making admit cards available to candidates, i.e through the official website and not through post or email. For the list of exams given below, follow the same procedure as for downloading the IAS admit card for UPSC Prelims 2020.
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination
- Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination
- National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice
- Indian Forest Service examination
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces(Assistant Commandant) Examination
UPSC 2019 Admit Card
In 2019, the UPSC admit card was released three weeks before the date of the Prelims/Mains IAS Exam. Mains 2019 started from September 20, 2019, and ended on September 29, 2019.
UPSC Prelims 2020 Preparation Links