UPSC Notification 2022 for Civil Services Examination is out now! As mentioned in the UPSC Calendar, the CSE notification has been released on 2nd February 2022.
UPSC Apply Online Portal for CSE 2022 recruitment to remain open between 2nd and 22nd February 2022.
The candidates who are preparing for IAS Exam can download the UPSC CSE 2022 notification PDF or IAS notification 2022 PDF from the link provided below:
Latest Civil Services Notifications for the ongoing and upcoming UPSC 2022:
- UPSC exam schedule for 2022 released. CSE Prelims is scheduled for 5th June 2022, and Mains from 16th September 2022 onwards.
- The UPSC Mains 2021 is over. Download UPSC Mains Question Papers 2021 now.
- The UPSC Prelims Result for the exam conducted on October 10, 2021, was released on October 29, 2021.
Every year, the UPSC Notification is released for the recruitment of civil servants in the Indian bureaucracy. The aspirants can download and read the IAS Notification PDF to know more about the recruitment process.
The candidates who will register on the official UPSC website successfully will be issued Admit Cards for the IAS exam (Prelims) about three weeks before the date of the exam. Candidates have to download the same from the UPSC official website. The admit cards will not be sent by post. Also, check out UPSC Online Application Form 2022 to know more about the steps involved while filling out the application form.
UPSC Notification 2022
The release date of UPSC Notification 2022 is 2nd February 2022. The civil services examination dates are also released. The last date to fill out the application form is 22nd February 2022.
The CSE Prelims 2022 is scheduled to be conducted on 5th June 2022.
The official UPSC CSE Notification 2022 PDF has been released by the commission. The aspirants can check the official Notification PDF from the link given below to know about exam pattern, vacancy distribution
The UPSC CSE Notification gives the following information:
- UPSC Exam Dates
- UPSC Vacancies
- Exam Centres
- Exam Fees
- How to apply/online application procedure
- Eligibility for civil services exam (nationality/age limit/number of attempts/educational requirement)
- UPSC Exam Plan
- UPSC Posts (for which the civil services exam is held)
- Latest UPSC CSE Syllabus Notification
The UPSC notification also gives the IAS exam dates as mentioned below:
- The UPSC online application process for the prelims exam commenced on 2nd February 2022.
- The IAS Prelims exam is to take place on Sunday, 5th June 2022.
- The UPSC mains exam will take place from 16th September 2022 onward.
- UPSC Personality Test/interview dates will be announced.
There are a few questions regarding the UPSC Notification and the application process, which are answered in the posts below:
UPSC 2022 Vacancies
Approximately a total of 861 vacancies have been released as per the official notification. This includes 34 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability. The distribution of the same is as follows:
- 7 vacancies for blindness and low vision
- 11 vacancies for deaf and hard of hearing
- 8 vacancies for locomotor disability
- 8 vacancies for person with multiple disabilities
UPSC Civil Services Posts
UPSC recruitment is conducted through the civil services exam to fill in vacancies in the following services, as mentioned in the UPSC notification:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Read in detail about the UPSC Posts in the linked article.
UPSC Exam Centres
The UPSC notification also gives information on the venue or centres of examination for both the prelims and the mains exams. Candidates should apply as soon as possible if they wish to receive a centre of their choice as they are allocated on a “first-apply-first-allot” basis.
For more information on UPSC exam centres, click here.
UPSC Eligibility Conditions
Before filling up the UPSC online application form, ensure that you are eligible as per the UPSC notification and the rules listed in the Gazette. Broadly speaking, the IAS eligibility criteria can be subdivided into the following categories:
- Age Limit
- Minimum Educational Qualification
- Number of Attempts
- EWS Certificate Criteria
Click on the link for more information on IAS eligibility. Candidates should check the eligibility conditions in the UPSC notification for the year they are taking the IAS exam.
UPSC Exam Fees
The UPSC notification also gives the amount of fees that candidates have to pay while registering for the IAS exam.
- The registration/application fee for the UPSC prelims exam is Rs.100/-, and for the mains exam is Rs.200/-.
- Female/SC-ST/Disabled candidates are exempt from paying the fees.
- Payment can be made while applying for the prelims exam online, either by cash mode or by online payment. Cash payment can be made by opting for the “Pay by Cash” mode and generating the Pay-in-slip. After that, the fee should be deposited the next working day at an SBI branch.
- Candidates should pay the exam fees (unless they are exempt) well before the last date to avoid any last-minute hiccups.
- Candidates who will clear the IAS prelims will have to apply again for the mains exam. The UPSC will give out the notification for that as well. Follow the procedure as mentioned in the notification and apply for the mains before the due date.
Apply Online for UPSC Recruitment
The UPSC notification gives the detailed procedure for online IAS application. Read through the notification thoroughly before applying for the exam.
1) Visit the official UPSC application website (upsconline.nic.in)
2) Navigate to the UPSC Civil Services Examination Link
3) Click on Fill Part-I Registration
4) Once the registration number is generated, use it to fill out Part-II Registration
5) Click on submit once done
Things to note while filling the UPSC online form:
- Candidates should note that the UPSC CSE prelims exam is also the same for the Indian Forest Service (IFoS). So, candidates should specify while applying whether they are applying for civil services or forest service or both.
- There are two parts to the registration process – Part I and Part II. Candidates should also pay the fees, give centre preference, and upload the photo and signature images on the website. They should also specify the language of the medium of exam for papers I to V. The optional subject should also be selected. Candidates should also specify the Indian language for paper A. (The medium, language and optional subject selection are required for mains exam only but they have to be specified while applying for the prelims itself).
- While filling in the above details, candidates are advised to be careful as once submitted, no changes are entertained by the UPSC in this regard.
- Candidates should read the instructions carefully before filling out and applying for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to read the UPSC Notification in detail before applying online for the civil services exam. Further important details are given in the UPSC notification.
Plan of Civil Services Exam (CSE) & UPSC Syllabus
- The UPSC CSE is conducted in two stages as described below:
- Stage 1: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) –UPSC Prelims
- Stage 2: Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) – UPSC Mains
- Only candidates who qualify the preliminary exam are allowed to take the IAS mains exam. The mains written exam will be held first after which selected candidates will be summoned for the UPSC Interview/personality test.
- IAS aspirants can go through the UPSC Syllabus at the linked article
- Candidates who clear the UPSC Mains are then called for the IAS Interview (UPSC Personality Test).
Previous UPSC Notifications
For reference, aspirants can check the UPSC Notification 2021, 2020 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 from the links below.
UPSC Notification 2021
UPSC Notification 2021 was released on March 4, 2021. The notification was initially expected to be released on 10th February but got delayed due to the recent decision to allow an extra attempt in the UPSC 2021.
Candidates can download the UPSC Notification 2021 from the link below:
UPSC CSE Notification 2021:- Download PDF Here
UPSC Notification 2020
Aspirants can refer to the UPSC Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
|Year||Download UPSC Notifications PDF|