IAS coaching is perhaps easier than selecting the right study material and source as plenty of both flood the market for UPSC CSE preparation.
Around 4-6 lakh aspirants appear for the IAS exam every year while the number of vacancies is often less than 1000. The nature of Civil Services Examination demands thorough and sustained preparation as the UPSC Syllabus is vast and the examination cycle lasts for a year.
In view of the high competition and the rigorous requirements for UPSC preparation, classroom or online coaching for IAS exam becomes necessary for many candidates, though there are a few exceptions.
Free online coaching for IAS Exam 2019
At BYJU’s free IAS preparation, we provide complete and comprehensive material needed for UPSC CSE preparation without compromising on quality. You can find all the below information, free IAS study material and more for UPSC 2019 at our page.
- Civil Services Examination Syllabus 2019 – download the updated UPSC syllabus 2019 pdf for IAS Prelims and Mains
- IAS Eligibility – find all the eligibility criteria for UPSC CSE 2019.
- Applying online for UPSC 2019 – read to know UPSC online registration guidelines and apply for the IAS exam 2019.
- Previous Years’ UPSC Question Papers – find and download previous years’ IAS questions asked in Prelims (GS and CSAT), and Mains (GS Papers, Optional)
- NCERT Notes for UPSC 2019 – for ease of IAS aspirants, we have provided NCERT notes tailor-made for IAS preparation. Find notes on Ancient Indian History, Medieval Indian History, Modern Indian History, Geography and Art/Culture.
- UPSC Calendar 2019 – stay updated with all the important exam dates for UPSC 2019.
- UPSC Notification 2019 – Have all the latest information about UPSC 2019 including exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility etc. at your fingertips.
Following the latest trend by UPSC of focusing on current affairs in both Prelims and Mains, we strive to bring you the relevant information broken down as per the UPSC exam pattern.
- Daily News Analysis – Comprehensive news analysis from The Hindu for UPSC aspirants.
- PIB Summary and Analysis – Press Information Bureau releases are an important source of information about Government schemes and initiatives. We bring you the information you need for IAS preparation.
- Gist of Yojana – Yojana magazine is one of the best magazines for UPSC preparation.
For more information on UPSC current affairs preparation, check out the link.
What are the options for IAS coaching?
Broadly speaking, there are two options:
- Classroom Training
- Online IAS Coaching
It goes without saying that no matter how good the IAS coaching quality is if candidates don’t supplement it with adequate self-study, then it’s of very little use.
Choosing classroom coaching for IAS exam
Choosing a good coaching centre is a tough task and precious time can be lost looking through the information about the myriad coaching centres mushrooming throughout the country. To make the process easier, we would like to suggest checking for the following four parameters while choosing an IAS coaching service:
- Quality of Faculty: The quality of the teachers is important for UPSC CSE coaching, as incorrect concepts, or unclear instructions can waste time as well as reduce the chance of success in the examination.
- Quality of IAS Study Material: Samples if available from the coaching centre or service to check the quality of UPSC Study Material provided by them
- Success rate: A high success rate is a good indicator of the quality of teaching at the IAS coaching centre and the quality of materials available for them.
- Availability of support: A dedicated support team would be able to ensure that candidates can bring their queries to one place and not have to spend time looking for the correct department to bring their queries to.
We at BYJU’S ensure that all these parameters are fulfilled in our IAS coaching centres. In addition to this, we provide both online and offline modes of study for IAS coaching, backed up by expert faculty and a carefully selected and dedicated support team. Many of our alumni are serving officers in the All India Services.
BYJU’S IAS Coaching Classes
Classroom Training by BYJU’S IAS Coaching Classes is provided in the following cities:
To go through the details pertaining to the individual locations above, please refer the links.
|City||IAS Coaching Contact Details|
|Delhi||BYJU’S IAS, B – 1/8, Lower Ground Floor, Apsara Arcade, Karol Bagh, Delhi – 110 005
9873643487 (for English)
9205881869 (for Hindi)
|Bangalore||IBC Knowledge Park, 2nd Floor, Tower – C, Bangalore – 560 029
|Hyderabad||BYJU’S IAS, 3rd Floor, C Block, Sanali Info Park, Road No.2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 033
|Chennai||BYJU’S IAS, 4th Floor, Prince Kushal Tower, No. 96, G P Road, Anna Salai, Triplicane, Chennai – 600 020 (Landmark – Behind LIC Office)
Our IAS coaching centres offer:
- Effective and adaptive teaching methods
- Experienced faculty
- Comprehensive IAS test series for UPSC Prelims and Mains
- Extensive study material for the IAS exam
- Focused preparation methods
Why choose BYJU’S IAS classroom coaching?
10 reasons to choose BYJU’S classroom IAS training program:
- Classes delivered by India’s leading IAS mentors
- Access to easy-to-understand video lectures enabling you to study anytime, anywhere
- Detailed coverage of the IAS exam 2019 syllabus for both Prelims and Mains.
- Up-to-date intensive focus on UPSC current affairs
- Access to student portal with weekly webinars on UPSC current affairs, current affairs monthly magazines for IAS preparation, Gist of Yojana, practice tests, etc.
- Live weekly webinar lectures by subject matter experts every Tuesday and Thursday for in-depth analysis of current affairs.
- Special lectures on the Economic Survey, Union Budget, and the India Year Book. An interactive doubt-clearing session with IAS trainers after each webinar.
- One-on-one mentoring via a personalised IAS mentorship program to address all the student queries and issues. Aspirants are guided through every stage of UPSC preparation by specialists in the field. The IAS Mentors also design a customized study plan and a preparation strategy as per the student’s convenience.
- Comprehensive IAS study material with in-depth coverage of the UPSC syllabus for Prelims and Mains. Sources and reference material include standard books for preparation such as NCERTs and Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth, India’s Ancient Past by R S Sharma, etc.
- Regular module based tests (both in IAS prelims & mains format), UPSC question paper discussions, personalised analysis and feedback
Pros and Cons of classroom IAS coaching
- Direct contact with experienced teachers.
- A classroom environment stimulates learning
- The advantage of a like-minded peer group
- Availability of quality IAS coaching restricted to metro cities
- Cost factor
- Time wastage in travelling to and fro from IAS coaching classes
- Class timings can’t be customised to one’s need
Online Coaching for IAS 2019
With advances in technology, knowledge delivery systems have also evolved. Now, aspirants, especially from non-metro cities, don’t have to struggle for quality IAS coaching or UPSC study material.
With online coaching for IAS exam, aspirants can study as per their convenience and all they need is the dedication and a decent internet connection.
Although, BYJU’S provides IAS coaching at your fingertips without even needing an internet connection.
Check out IAS 2019 (Pre & Mains) Tablet Course, which contains:
- 500+ hours of classes by Delhi based team of India’s leading IAS trainers, preloaded in a Tablet
- Comprehensive IAS study plan with phase-wise tests at regular intervals
- Available in both English and Hindi
- 250+ chapter wise tests with analysis
- Complete coverage of UPSC syllabus for IAS Prelims (GS 1 and CSAT) and Mains 2019
- One-on-one Mentoring by experts
- Special daily, weekly and monthly modules for UPSC current affairs
- Also, it includes a hardcopy of IAS study material & All India Test Series
Students can also check out our Test Series for Prelims and Mains. Attempting regular mock tests and practice exams keep one in touch with the harsh reality of the competition. Also, the objective nature of UPSC Prelims and the essay-descriptive nature of UPSC Mains require different question-solving approaches.
BYJU’S All India Prelims Test Series – 2019 comprises:
- 21 sectional and full-length tests followed by paper discussions
- Coverage of UPSC current affairs from important sources like Yojana, Kurukshetra, Budget, Science Reporter.
- All India Rank system
- Answers with explanations
- Up-to-date with latest UPSC syllabus and trend
All the above with BYJU’s track record of more than 70% questions in UPSC Prelims coming from our study material and test series.
As UPSC Prelims will be held in June 2019, now is the right time to start assessing your preparation for IAS Mains. BYJU’S IAS 2019 Mains Test Series starts in the 2nd week of June.
For both IAS Prelims and IAS Mains test series, the candidates have the flexibility of offline or online mode.