CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus provides an extensive range of concepts and advanced information regarding the subject, including all the questions in the Business Studies syllabus. A piece of good knowledge in the business can influence the growth of an organisation, earnings, personal development, and daily lives of people. The business has an important impact on the living and quality of lifestyle and also the environment we live in. Students can use the Business Studies CBSE Class 12 Syllabus with the help of the link given below.
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus 2022-23
The link below lets students download the latest CBSE Syllabus PDF for Class 12 Business Studies. Going through the syllabus will help students know the topics they will study in Business Studies during the academic year.
- CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus 2022-23 PDF
- Download Term Wise CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus 2021-22 PDF
By clicking on the link above, students can directly access the CBSE Business Studies Syllabus for Class 12 for the academic year 2022- 23.
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus
Theory: 80 Marks
Duration: 180 Minutes
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1.||Nature and Significance of Management||12||16|
|2.||Principles of Management||14|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|Part C||Project Work (One)||30||20|
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management – concept, objectives, and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession
- Levels of Management
- Management functions-planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination- concept and importance
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management- concept and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques
Unit 3: Business Environment
- Business Environment- concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment,Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Demonetization – concept and features
Unit 4: Planning
- Concept, importance and limitation
- Planning process
- Single use and standing plans. Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, method Rule, budget and Programme
Unit 5: Organising
- Concept and importance
- Organising Process
- Structure of organisation- functional and divisional concept. Formal and informal organisation- concept
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance
- Decentralisation: concept and importance
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management concept
- Staffing process
- Recruitment process
- Selection – process
- Training and Development – Concept and importance, Methods of training – on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing
- Motivation – concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives
- Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic and laissez faire
- Communication – concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers
Unit 8: Controlling
- Controlling – Concept and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in process of control
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept, role and objectives of Financial Management
- Financial decisions: investment, financing and dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
- Financial Planning – concept and importance
- Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting capital structure
- Fixed and Working Capital – Concept and factors affecting their requirements
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: Concept
- Money market: Concept
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary)
- Stock Exchange – Functions and trading procedure
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions
Unit 11: Marketing
- Marketing – Concept, functions and philosophies
- Marketing Mix – Concept and elements
- Product – branding, labelling and packaging – Concept
- Price – Concept, Factors determining price
- Physical Distribution – concept, components and channels of distribution
- Promotion – Concept and elements; Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion and Public Relations
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection
- Consumer Protection Act 2019:
Meaning of consumer
Rights and responsibilities of consumers
Who can file a complaint?
- Consumer awareness – Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Unit 13: Project Work
Guidelines for Project Work in Business Studies for Class 12
The course in Business Studies is introduced at Senior School level to provide students with a sound understanding of the principles and practices bearing in business (trade and industry) as well as their relationship with the society. Business is a dynamic process that brings together technology, natural resources and human initiative in a constantly changing global environment. With the purpose to help them understand the framework within which a business operates, and its interaction with the social, economic, technological and legal environment, the CBSE has introduced Project Work in the Business Studies Syllabus for Classes XI and XII. The projects have been designed to allow students to appreciate that business is an integral component of society and help them develop an understanding of the social and ethical issues concerning them.
The project work also aims to empower the teacher to relate all the concepts with what is happening around the world and the student’s surroundings, making them appear more clear and contextual. This will enable the student to enjoy studies and use his free time effectively in observing what’s happening around.
By means of Project Work the students are exposed to life beyond textbooks giving them opportunities to refer materials, gather information, analyse it further to obtain relevant information and decide what matter to keep.
One Project to be done throughout the session, as per the existing scheme.
After doing the Project Work in Business Studies, the students will be able to do the following:
- develop a practical approach by using modern technologies in the field of business and management;
- get an opportunity for exposure to the operational environment in the field of business management and related services;
- inculcate important skills of team work, problem solving, time management, information collection, processing, analysing and synthesizing relevant information to derive meaningful conclusions
- get involved in the process of research work; demonstrate his or her capabilities while working independently and
- make studies an enjoyable experience to cherish.
How to Use CBSE Class 12 Business Study Syllabus
To make study easy, we have mentioned a few things that CBSE Class 12 students should remember while studying as per the Business Studies Syllabus.
- Students must study according to the CBSE syllabus class 12 from NCERT Books. Following the NCERT book will make the students understand the concept in depth.
- Follow reference books to make the study easy.
- It is important to understand the meaning of the concept and the purpose of that concept.
- As there are many points to remember, note each concept you have understood and keep it for future reference.
- The advanced study helps and will give adequate time for revision.
- Solve previous year and business studies class 12 sample papers. This will help you to manage time and understand the question pattern.
Business studies for Class 12 is an advanced level of the previous class. Students studied the basic fundamental aspects of the subject in the previous classes, and in Class 12, they will study the progressed degree of concepts.
Also, Explore: Business Studies Study Guide
Class 12 Business Studies syllabus provides a broad degree of illustrative examples, which helps the students to comprehend and learn quickly. The above-mentioned is the syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies. For more solutions and study materials for Class 12 Business Studies, visit BYJU’S or download the app for the best learning experience.