SSC CPO Notification 2023 will be out soon! The Commission will soon start the SSC CPO Online application process for 2023 CPO recruitment in July 2023. The SSC CPO 2023 official notification is expected to be released by the Staff Selection Commission on 20th July 2023. Interested and eligible candidates are invited to fill out the SSC CPO application form online before 14th August 2023.
SSC CPO 2022 – SSC Central Police Organization exam for (Tier-II) is scheduled to take place on May 2 2023. The SSC CPO exam is a national-level test conducted by SSC for recruiting candidates into the Central Police Organization. The SSC CPO stands for Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization.
Aspirants can fill out the SSC CPO application form between 10th august to 30th August 2022. The Computer Based test for CPO exam is scheduled in November 2022. Candidates can go through the detailed SSC CPO Notification 2022 on the linked page, OR download SSC CPO Exam Notification 2022 PDF given below –
This article will help the candidates to know every detail related to the SSC CPO Exam such as eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, cut-off, vacancy, etc.
SSC CPO 2021 –
- The commission did not released SSC CPO Exam 2021 Notification yet, but it is expected to be released on 14th August 2022 according to SSC Calendar 2021-22.
SSC CPO Exam Latest Updates –
- SSC CPO SI Result for the PET/PST stage of the 2022 cycle announced on 24th March 2023. Candidates who have cleared this stage have been shortlisted for Paper II. Earlier, the SSC CPO Result 2022 for the CBT Examination has been declared on 27th December 2022.
- March 30th, 2023: The Staff Selection Commission announced the date for its Tier-II exam. The exam is scheduled to take place on May 5, 2023.
- July 6th 2021 – The Staff Selection Commission has released the admit card for SSC CPO Paper II 2019 examination. Applicants can download the region-wise SSC CPO Admit Card on the linked page.
- July 5th 2021 – The Commission has announced the new dates for SSC CPO 2019 Paper-II exam. As per the latest notice released SSC has scheduled the SSC CPO 2019 Paper-II i.e Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and ASI in CISF Examination (Paper-II), 2019 on July 26th 2021. Earlier the exam was scheduled to be conducted on May 8th, 2021 but was postponed due to a surge in Covid-19 cases. Candidates can check teh detailed notice of the SSC CPO Exam Date on the given link.
- June 4th 2021 – SSC has released a list of candidates qualified in PET/PST for appearing in Paper-II. Result of Paper-I of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF Examination, 2019 was declared by the Commission on February 14th, 2020, wherein 45923 candidates (4035 female, 41888 male) were declared qualified. Subsequently, the PET/PST test of these qualified candidates was conducted by the Nodal Central Armed Police Force and the final list of candidates selected is now out. Aspirants willing to go through the detailed gender-wise and category wise list of qualified candidates can check the pdf provided below –
SSC CPO 2019 PET/PST List PDF Download PDF Here
- April 20th 2021 – The Staff Selection Commission has declared the Final result of SSC CPO 2018 examination. Candidates can check the detailed SSC CPO 2018 Result PDF provided below.
SSC CPO Final Result 2018 PDF Download PDF Here
- March 30th, 2021 – SSC CPO 2020 additional result for Paper-I has been announced. A total of 26 additional candidates have qualified for the Paper-I exam.
- February 26th, 2021 SSC has released the SSC CPO 2020 Result for Paper 1 conducted on 23rd November 2020. Candidates who wrote CPO 2020 Paper 1 exam can check the SSC CPO Result PDF 2020 on the linked page.
Aspirants trying to get into the Central Police Force for various posts like Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF should have detailed information regarding this exam.
For more details on other SSC Exams, refer to the linked article.
Table of Contents:
- SSC CPO Notification
- SSC CPO Exam dates
- SSC CPO Recruitment
- SSC CPO Admit Card
- SSC CPO Eligibility
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Syllabus
- SSC CPO Online
- SSC CPO Cut-off
- SSC CPO Results
- SSC CPO Preparation
SSC CPO Notification
The Commission will soon start the SSC CPO Online application process for 2023 CPO recruitment in July 2023. Interested and eligible candidates are invited to fill out the SSC CPO application form online before 14th August 2023. SSC has released the recruitment notification for SSC CPO 2022 exam on the official website on August 10th 2022. All the relevant details about the Central Police Organisation exam such as vacancy, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus, etc are given in the notification.
SSC released SSC CPO 2020 exam notification on the official website on June 17th, 2020.
The online application window for SSC Central Police Organisation exam was open till July 16th, 2020. Candidates can download the detailed SSC CPO 2020 Notification from the PDF given below.
Similarly, the notification for SSC CPO 2019 exam was published on the official website of the commission on September 17th 2019. Further details on the notification of the CPO exam can be checked on the PDF attached below.
SSC CPO Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
Candidates can check the SSC Notification for other exams, by referring to the linked article.
Considering the time-taking recruitment process for various Government posts, the Union Cabinet has approved the Common Eligibility Test (CET), which will be held to appoint candidates to Group B and Group C posts under SSC, RRB and IBPS. The conducting body for this Test will be the National Recruitment Agency. Aspirants can visit the linked article to learn more about the NRA.
SSC CPO Exam Dates
SSC CPO 2023 Exam Dates
Important dates regarding SSC CPO is given below –
|SSC CPO 2023: Exam Dates|
|SSC CPO Release of Notification||20th July 2023|
|SSC CPO Last date for Application Submission||13th August 2023|
|SSC CPO Last date for Fee Payment||14th August 2023|
|SSC CPO Online Correction Window||September 2023|
|SSC CPO Admit Card 2023 of Paper 1||To be announced|
|SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1||October 2023|
|SSC CPO Admit Card 2022 for Paper 2||To be announced|
|SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2||March 2024|
|SSC CPO 2023 Document Verification||To be announced|
|SSC CPO 2023 Medical Examination||To be announced|
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Dates
SSC CPO 2022 exam process is started and given below are the tentative dates as specified in the notification-
|SSC CPO Exam Dates 2022|
|Exam Events||Important Dates [Tentative]|
|SSC CPO 2022 Notification/Advertisement Date||10th August 2022|
|Online Application Submission Starts on||10th August 2022|
|Closing Date for Online Application Submission||30th August 2022|
|SSC CPO 2022 Paper I Admit Card||To be announced|
|SSC CPO 2022 Paper I (CBE)||November 9-11 2022|
|SSC CPO 2022 Paper II||To be announced|
SSC CPO Exam 2021 Dates
SSC CPO 2021 exam is not announced but given below are the tentative dates for the recruitment process –
|SSC CPO Exam Dates 2021|
|Exam Events||Important Dates [Tentative]|
|SSC CPO 2021 Notification/Advertisement Date||14th August 2022|
|Online Application Submission Starts on||To be notified|
|Closing Date for Online Application Submission||13th September 2022|
|SSC CPO 2021 Paper I Admit Card||Yet to be released|
|SSC CPO 2021 Paper I (CBE)||December 2022|
|SSC CPO 2021 Paper II||To be notified|
SSC CPO 2020 Exam
The Staff Selection Commission released the SSC CPO Exam 2020 recruitment notification on June 17th to conduct the exam from September 29th onward. Owing to the prevailing situation of Coronavirus pandemic, the commission decided to postpone the dates of Paper I from September to November 2020.
- The CPO exam is now scheduled from November 23rd to November 26th. The detailed notification released by the Staff Selection Commission on July 1st for rescheduling of the CPO 2020 is given below-
SSC has announced the revised dates of other exams as well, candidates willing to know the new dates of the examination by the commission can check the SSC exam date page.
The Selection Commission has given in detail the dates of CPO 2020 examination, check the table given below for the highlight of SSC CPO 2020 schedule.
|SSC CPO 2020 Exam Dates|
|SSC CPO 2020 events||SSC CPO 2020 Dates|
|SSC CPO 2020 Notification & Online Application||June 17th 2020|
|SSC CPO Apply Online Last date||July 16th 2020|
|SSC CPO Paper I (CBE)||September 29th 2020 to October 5th 2020 (Postponed)
November 23rd to November 26th, 2020 (revised dates)
|SSC CPO Paper II||1st March 2021 postponed|
Candidates should keep updated with date-related information, hence keep a track of the SSC official website.
For detailed and year-wise SSC CPO Exam Dates, check the linked article.
SSC CPO 2022 Recruitment
The SSC recruits candidates for the Group B & Group C posts under the Central Police Organisation. In 2022, the CPO exam recruitment is being conducted for around 4300 Posts in Central Police Organization.
However, the above-mentioned vacancies might change in the future. Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated by the commission.
The SSC CPO recruitment vacancies are advertised by the Commission as per the indents that have been given by the User Departments. The vacancies are for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (Male/Female), ASI Executive in CISF, Sub-Inspector in CAPFs.
Candidates can refer to the official notification of SSC CPO 2023 for more details on vacancies and posts.
SSC CPO Vacancy
SSC CPO Vacancy 2023: The total number SSC CPO 2023 vacancies will be announced in the official notification. For now, candidates can refer to the table below to have an idea of the vacancies for 2022 cycle which was 4300.
SSC CPO Vacancy 2022 – As per the notification, there are 4300 CPO vacancies released for the CPO recruitment 2022 for SI, ASI in Delhi Police and CAPFs. The detailed SSC CPO vacancy 2022 is given below –
Sub-Inspector Exe. in Delhi Police/ Female:
|SSC CPO Recruitment Details||UR||OBC||SC||ST||EWS||Total|
Sub-Inspector (Male) in Delhi Police:
|SSC CPO Recruitment Details||UR||OBC||SC||ST||EWS||Total|
|Ex-Servicemen (special Category)||06||03||01||02||0||12|
SSC CPO Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs:
|CAPFs||Gender||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total||Grand Total||ESM @10%|
The SSC CPO Vacancy for the 2020 exam is 1564 as mentioned in the official notification.
SSC CPO Exam Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission will update the admit card and schedule of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs, and ASI in CISF Exam, 2023. The admit card of CPO exam releases according to the scheduled papers. The commission releases Central Police Organisation admit card at least one week before the exam and the same follows for Paper-II.
The admit card for the CPO exam is released on the official website. Candidates appearing for CPO 2023 can download the region-wise SSC CPO Admit Card on the linked page.
The SSC CPO Admit Card (AC)/Admission Certificate for the exam indicating the timetable and also venues of examination for each candidate will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office. As per the rules, the admit card for the CPO exam will not be sent by post to the candidates.
If any candidate is unable to download the hall tickets/admit cards for the examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office(s) of the Staff Service Commission with details such as registration ID, proof of fee payment, copy of online application form submitted by the candidate, etc. for obtaining the desired admit card.
Steps to download Admit Card For CPO Exam 2023
Step 1- Go to the SSC official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
Step 2- Enter your Registration ID & password
Step 3- Check the details and download the SSC CPO exam admit card.
SSC CPO Eligibility
The SSC CPO exam has certain eligibility criteria for candidates aspiring for the exam.
Candidates should check the SSC CPO eligibility criteria properly before applying for the Central Police Organisation 2023 exam. The Staff Service Commission might cancel the application at the last moment if the eligibility criteria for the exam is not met.
The eligibility conditions for the SSC CPO Exam 2023 is as follows:
|Category||SSC CPO Eligibility|
The SSC CPO Eligibility is elaborated on the given page, interested candidates can check the linked page.
For details on SSC Eligibility of other exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern has 4 stages-
- Paper I
- Physical Test
- Medical Examination
All these above stages/sections are mandatory.
The exam pattern for SSC CPO Paper I is as follows:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||02 hrs|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||50|
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper II is as follows:
|English Language & Comprehension||200||02 hrs|
SSC CPO Exam pattern- Salient points
- As per the paper pattern of CPO examination, both papers will have multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates can expect a deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in both the papers.
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I will be allowed to appear for Physical Test.
- Paper-II will only be appeared by candidates who clear the Physical Test.
- Paper-II will be followed by Medical Examination.
SSC CPO SYLLABUS
The syllabus of Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organisation is vast and comprehensive and covers all the topics in Paper I & Paper II that overlap with other competitive exams. Candidates need to prepare well for both the papers are they are equally important.
As per the syllabus, the SSC CPO Paper I that is a computer-based exam ask questions related to the following subjects-
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Knowledge and Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
The syllabus of Paper-II in the SSC CPO exam is based on English Language & Comprehensions where the candidates’ skills on vocabulary, spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc are tested.
For more details on the SSC CPO Syllabus, candidates can refer to the linked article.
SSC CPO Online
Candidates should follow the below steps while applying for the SSC CPO Exam.
- Log in to the official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
- Fill the basic details asked for in the registration window.
- On submitting, you will be provided with a registration ID.
- Log in using the registration ID and password.
- Complete all other steps and submit relevant documents
- Upload your photograph and scanned copy of the signature as per the desired dimensions.
- Complete your payment process.
- Check all the details provided by you for any mistakes.
- Submit your application form. Your registration will be completed.
- Take a printout of the application form for your reference.
SSC CPO CUT OFF
The commission releases the cut off for SSC CPO exam along with the result. The cut off for SSC CPO 2022 Exam will be released once the Paper I is conducted successfully, as per the revised schedule given by the commission.
The result for SSC CPO Paper I for the year 2019 and 2018 is released as well as the cut off marks. Candidates can check the year-wise SSC CPO Cut Off marks on the linked page.
|SSC Online||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Admit Card||SSC Preparation|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Results|
|IAS Exam||Bank Exams|
|SSC CPO Mock test||Static GK|
SSC CPO Results
The Staff Selection Commission will release the result for SSC CPO 2023 exam after a month from the date of examination. The commission releases SSC CPO exam result in three separate category-wise lists for male, female and departmental candidates.
SSC CPO SI Result for the PET/PST stage of the 2022 cycle announced on 24th March 2023. Candidates who have cleared this stage have been shortlisted for Paper II. Earlier, the SSC CPO Result 2022 for the CBT Examination has been declared on 27th December 2022.
The SSC released CPO Result 2019 for the paper I on February 12th, 2020 which was scheduled from December 11, 2019, to December 13th, 2019. Like the previous year,
All those who appeared for SSC CPO Exam 2019 can check the SSC CPO Results page for further information. The information on the result of the CPO 2018 examination is also available on the link provided above.
The marks of the candidates are uploaded on the website of the Commission. Candidates may check their marks by using their Registration Number/ Roll Number and Registered Password.
SSC CPO Preparation
As the SSC CPO Exam dates have been changing, candidates need to prepare properly to face the exams with confidence.
The top 8 Preparation tips for the CPO Exam is as follows:
- Keep a track of the official website.
- Understand the exam pattern properly and prepare the topics in the CPO syllabus thoroughly.
- Have a clear concept on the topics like Reasoning, Aptitude by taking the SSC Mock Test.
- Improve your solving speed and practice numerous times
- Make notes on the difficult concepts in a precise way for your understanding.
- Make a flow chart for different lengthy concepts and topics
- Practise previous years’ question papers and Online quiz for better preparation.
- Do not be stressed while preparing. Stay calm and prepare in a relaxed mood.
Candidates aspiring to get into the CPO should keep certain things in mind:
- They should always be updated on the latest information through the official notification.
- They should have all the necessary for the further valuation process.
- They should avoid using any sort of malpractices in the exam.
- They should abide by the rules and regulations as stated by the SSC for the CPO exam.
For detailed tips and tricks, important preparation strategies and study materials, visit the SSC CPO Preparation page linked here.
Frequently Asked Question – SSC CPO Exam
Q.1. What is the date of the SSC CPO 2023 exam?
Q.2. What is the date of the SSC CPO Paper II 2022 exam?
Q.3. When will SSC release the SSC CPO result?
Q.4. What is SSC CPO Application fee for the CPO 2023 examination?
Q.5. What is the date of the SSC CPO Paper II 2023 exam?
Q.6. What are the topics covered in SSC CPO Syllabus?
Q.7. Is there negative marking for Wrong attempts in SSC CPO exam recruitment?
Q 8. What are the eligibility criteria for SSC CPO recruitment?
Ans. The SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria for CPO recruitment exam is as follows:
- A citizen of Indian Nationality.
- Must fulfil SSC CPO age Limit i.e. minimum 20 years and maximum 25 years of age.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.