The SSC conducts a national Level test called as the CPO exam for recruiting candidates into the Central Police Organization. The SSC CPO stands for Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization.
There are other Government exams which can be helpful for aspirants trying for various posts under the Government of India.
Aspirants trying to get into the Central Police Force for various posts like Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF should have detailed information regarding this exam.
This article will help the candidates to know every detail related to the SSC CPO Exam.
For more details on other SSC Exams, refer to the linked article.
Table of Contents:
- SSC CPO Notification
- SSC CPO Exam dates
- SSC CPO Recruitment
- SSC CPO Admit card
- SSC CPO Eligibility
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Syllabus
- SSC CPO Online
- SSC CPO Cut-off
- SSC CPO Results
- SSC CPO Preparation
SSC CPO Notification:
Staff Selection Commission has released the CPO Notification 2019-20 on the official website.
The revised notification for the CPO gives all the relevant details of the Exam. As per the latest SSC CPO Notification, the paper I exam for 2019-20 is scheduled in the month of December. For paper II, the information is yet to be announced.
For more details on the SSC CPO Notification, refer to the linked article.
SSC CPO Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
Candidates can check the SSC Notification for other exams, by referring to the linked article.
SSC CPO Exam Dates:
The important SSC CPO Exam dates 2019 are given below:
|Online application form||September 17, 2019|
|Last date to register||October 15, 2019|
|SSC CPO 2019 Paper I||December 11, 2019 to December 13th, 2019|
|SSC CPO 2019 Paper II||Yet to be announced|
The relevant SSC CPO Exam dates 2018 are given below:
|Online application form||March 3, 2018|
|Last date to register||April 2, 2018|
|SSC CPO 2018 Paper I||March 12, 2019 to March 16th, 2019|
|SSC CPO 2018 Paper II||September 27, 2019 (tentative)|
These SSC CPO Exam dates might vary for the 2019-20 exam. Candidates should be regularly updated will date related information on the SSC official website.
SSC CPO Recruitment
The SSC recruits candidates for the Group B & Group C posts under the CPO. Last year, the SSC CPO recruitment for various posts was around 1200.
The expected SSC CPO recruitment 2019 can tentatively reach to 1500. However, the above-mentioned vacancies might change in the future.
Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated through the SSC CPO Recruitment 2019 section on the official website. The vacancies are advertised by the Commission as per the indents that have given by the User Departments. The vacancies are for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police( Male/Female),ASI Executive in CISF, Sub-Inspector in CAPFs.
Candidates can refer to the SSC CPO official Notification for more details on vacancies and posts.
SSC CPO Admit card
Staff Selection Commission will update the Admit card and Schedule of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and ASI in CISF Exam, 2019. SSC CPO Admit cards release according to the scheduled papers.
The SSC CPO Admit Card (AC)/Admission Certificate for the Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office one week before the date of examination.
For paper I, the SSC CPO admit card for the same will be released one week before the exam. The same follows for Paper-II.
As per the rules, the SSC CPO admit card will not be sent by post to the candidates.
If any candidate is unable to download the SSC CPO Admit Card for the examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office(s) of the Staff Service Commission with details such as registration ID, proof of fee payment, copy of online application form submitted by the candidate etc for obtaining the desired Admit Card.
Steps to download SSC CPO Admit Card
Step 1- Go to the SSC official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
Step 2- Enter your Registration ID which you received during the submission of your application form.
Step 3-Enter your password/Date of Birth.
Step 4- Choose your preferred city from the drop-down list that you had been given at the time of registration.
Step 5- Click on the search option.
The SSC CPO admit card will be displayed on the screen which can be downloaded for printout.
SSC CPO Eligibility
The SSC CPO exam has certain eligibility criteria for candidates aspiring for the exam.
Candidates should check the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria properly before applying for the exam as the Staff Service Commission might cancel the application at the last moment if the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria is not met.
The SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria for the CPO Exam is as follows:
|SSC CPO Eligibility||Criteria|
|SSC CPO Nationality/Citizenship||A candidate must be either:
|SSC CPO Age Limit||
|SSC CPO Educational Qualification||
The relaxation in the SSC CPO age limit is as follows:
|SSC CPO Eligibility Category||SSC CPO Age Limit relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen (ExS)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|For Group B posts:
Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on the closing date.
|For ASI in CISF||Up to 40 years of age|
|For Group C posts only||Up to 35 years of age|
|Departmental Candidates for vacancies in Delhi Police only||Up to 30 years of age|
SSC CPO Eligibility for Physical test and Medical Examination:
SSC CPO Eligibility- Physical Standard Test (PST):
For male Candidates
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest( Unexpanded) in cms||Chest( Expanded) in cms|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
For Female Candidates
|Category||Height (in cms)|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155|
SSC CPO Eligibility- Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
(i) For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs.): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
(ii) For female candidates only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances.
SSC CPO Eligibility- Medical Examination:
The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye).
For a right-handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. The standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
Detailed information on the Eligibility is provided in the official notification for CPO. Candidates can refer the same for any sort of detail or confusion.
SSC CPO Eligibility- Important Points
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the Examination provisionally but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- As per the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria, candidates applying for the CPO exam must have valid documents to support the mentioned age in the application form.
- Candidates must have the necessary Educational documents during further processes.
- Detailed information on the SSC CPO Eligibility is provided in the official notification for CPO. Candidates can refer the same for any sort of detail or confusion.
For details on SSC Eligibility of other exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern has 4 stages-
- Paper I
- Physical Test
- Medical Examination
All these above stages/sections are mandatory.
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper I is as follows:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||02 hrs|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||50|
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper II is as follows:
|English Language & Comprehension||200||02 hrs|
SSC CPO Exam pattern- Salient points
- As per the SSC CPO Exam Pattern, both papers will have multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates can expect a deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in both the papers.
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I will be allowed for Physical test.
- Paper-II will be appeared by candidates who clear the Physical Test.
- Paper-II will be followed by Medical Examination.
SSC CPO SYLLABUS
The SSC CPO Syllabus covers all the important topics relevant for the Paper I & Paper II. Candidates need to prepare well for both the papers are they are equally important.
As per the SSC CPO Syllabus, the Paper I is a computer-based Exam where the topics that are asked are related to
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Knowledge and Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Paper-II in the SSC CPO Syllabus is on English Language & Comprehension where the candidates’ skills on vocabulary, spelling, Grammar, Sentence Structure, etc are tested.
For more details on the SSC CPO syllabus, candidates can refer to the linked article.
SSC CPO Online
Candidates should follow the below steps while applying for the SSC CPO Exam.
- Log in to the official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
- Fill the basic details asked for in the registration window.
- Submit the application. You will be provided with a registration ID.
- Log in using the Registration ID and password.
- complete all other steps and submit relevant documents
- Upload your photograph and scanned copy of signature as per the desired dimensions.
- Complete your payment process.
- Check all the details provided by you for any mistakes.
- Submit your application form. Your registration will be completed.
- Take a printout of the application form for your reference.
SSC CPO CUT-OFF
The results for the SSC CPO 2018 Paper I has been released on May 25, 2019.
The cut-offs for the Paper I Exam is as follows:
SSC CPO Cut-off for Female Candidates- open vacancies:
SSC CPO Cut-off for Male Candidates- Open vacancies:
SSC CPO Cut-off for Male- Departmental Candidates ( Delhi Police):
SSC CPO Cut-off for Male–Specialized Categories of Ex-Servicemen (Delhi Police):
|SSC Online||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Admit Card||SSC Preparation|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Results|
|IAS Exam||Bank Exams|
|SSC CPO Mock test|
SSC CPO Results
Staff Selection Commission declared the result of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub-Inspectors in CISF Examination (Paper-I), 2018 on May 25, 2019.
Now the marks of the candidates have been uploaded on the website of the Commission. Candidates may check their marks in the official website of SSC from May 30, 2019 to June 29, 2019 by using their Registration Number/ Roll Number and Registered Password.
SSC CPO Preparation
As the SSC CPO Exam dates have been changing, candidates need to prepare properly to face the exams with confidence.
The top 8 Preparation tips for the CPO Exam is as follows:
- Visit the official website on a daily basis.
- Understand the Exam pattern properly and prepare the topics in the CPO Syllabus thoroughly.
- Have a clear concept on the topics like Reasoning, Aptitude by taking the SSC Mock Test.
- Improve your solving speed and practice numerous times
- Make notes on the difficult concepts in a precise way for your understanding.
- Make a flow chart for different lengthy concepts and topics
- Practice previous years’ question papers and Online quiz for better preparation.
- Do not be stressed while preparing. Stay calm and prepare in a relaxed mood.
Candidates aspiring to get into the CPO should keep certain things in mind:
- They should always be updated on the latest information through the official notification.
- They should have all the necessary for the further valuation process.
- They should avoid using any sort of malpractices in the exam.
- They should abide by the rules and regulations as stated by the SSC for the CPO exam.