The SSC online recruitment process is conducted for various posts in different departments, offices, organizations under the Government of India.
The SSC online form filling process needs to be understood properly to avoid rejection of the application.
The major exams conducted by the SSC are:
- SSC CHSL
- SSC CGL
- SSC CPO
- SSC JE
- SSC GD
- SSC NR
The recruitment for various posts of the SSC Exam is done through an online process. Candidates registering for SSC need to know all the details to apply for SSC online and should have all the documents ready before initiating the SSC online form filling process.
For similar details on other Government exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC Online Application
The minimum requirements before filling the SSC online application is to have a :
- Citizenship approved by the Indian Government
- Age limit of 18-32 years
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/Institute
There are certain other requirements like physical standards for some posts by the SSC.
Before going ahead with the SSC online registration, candidates must check the necessary SSC Eligibility Criteria.
The general process to fill the SSC online application is as follows:
The following information/ documents are needed for the SSC Registration:
- Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP).
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP) User ID of the candidate will be his/ her Email ID provided at the time of SSC online registration.
- Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number / ID Numbers -(Voter ID Card, PAN, Passport, Driving License, School/ College ID, Employer ID )
- Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
- Scanned colour passport size photograph & Scanned signature in JPEG format of the desired dimension.
- If Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number is not provided, scanned Left-hand Thumb Impression (LTI) in JPEG format can also be submitted.
Candidates preparing for SSC exams can refer to the SSC Mock Tests page to attempt questions based on the latest SSC exam pattern.
Part I of the SSC Registration process:
The steps to initiate the one-time SSC registration process are given below:
- Visit the SSC official website(https://ssc.nic.in).
- Select the Apply option and head to the exams window.
- Select the SSC exam which you want to apply.
- Initiate the SSC online Registration yourself by filling basic details like your name as per Matriculation Certificate, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, your Date of Birth, working email id and your contact number.
- Confirm all mail id and phone number to receive a Registration ID and password on your registered mail id and phone number.
- Login using your registered email id as username and auto-generated password provided to you on your mobile and email. Change your password on the first login.
- Re-login using your user ID(email id) and the new password.
- FIll the essential information like address details, Aadhar id, identification mark, disabilities in case you have any.
- Check for any mistakes and upload your scanned photograph and signature of the desired dimension.
- Review the information provided thoroughly, before clicking the Final Submit option.
- Upon clicking Confirm, different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter the respective OTPs to complete the Registration Process.
- Submit the application form to complete your SSC registration process.
Part II of the SSC Registration Process
The following steps will help to complete the SSC online application process:
- Login to the SSC online system through your registered Email ID and password.
- Click the Apply link and select the exam of your preference from the exam tab.
- Select your preference for Examination Centers. 3 preferred choices can be given.
- Candidates having chance to avail the relaxation or reservation facilities need to fill the required fields with proper information relating the same.
- Select the SSC post you want to apply.
- Fill all other necessary details like language preference for a few exams, highest qualification details.
- Go through the undertaking you need to give for appearing in the SSC examination and if you agree, click on “I agree” checkbox and fill up Captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you and submit the SSC Application Form.
- Proceed to make the fee payment if you are not exempted from the payment of fee through BHIM UPI, SBI Challan/ Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards.
- When the SSC application form is successfully submitted, take a print out of the same and retain it for your future reference.
There are certain aspects which need to be addressed before going ahead with the SSC registration.
The critical aspects related to the SSC Registration is as follows:
- Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions of the SSC Registration very carefully.
- Candidate must write their name and date of birth strictly as recorded in the matriculation/ secondary certificate. If any variation in the name and date of birth is observed at the time of SSC Exam document verification, their candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical and medical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s). Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of Document Verification.
- Only one SSC online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for the Examination. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filing their SSC online Application Forms.
- The candidates must write their parents name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of Document Verification or as and when it comes to the notice of the commission.
- SSC online Application with blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the SSC online Application, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of fake/ fabricated SSC Registration/Application by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and will be liable for suitable legal action under the cyber/ IT act.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with disability (PwD) are exempted from the payment of the SSC Registration fee.
SSC Online Results:
As per the SSC, the online results declaration date for most of the SSC exams 2018 has been tentatively decided.
The table below gives an idea on the SSC online results 2018 for a few exams:
|SSC Exam||SSC Online Results date|
|SSC Stenographer Grade “C” & “D”||15.04.2019(Tentative)|
|SSC JE||Exam yet to be conducted|
Candidates should always check the official website to get regular updates on the SSC online results information.
Aspirants preparing for SCC exams can visit the Online quiz page comprising questions based on SSC exam pattern and also evaluate their performance by the marks scored in the quiz.
SSC Exam Calendar
The SSC exam Calendar has been released online for 2019-20. Candidates can get to know about the latest information on various exams conducted by the SSC by checking the SSC Exam date. Few exams are postponed due to some internal server issues at the exam centres.
The SSC Registration last date for few of the 2019 exams will be notified soon on the official website.