The Staff Selection Commission is the body responsible for setting the SSC question paper for various posts. Every year, lakhs of candidates fill in the application form, which makes the competition more challenging.
Solving SSC question papers shall help candidates have a clear idea about the exam pattern and also apprehend the level of examination.
Candidates can download and solve previous year SSC question papers with solutions for the Tier I examination at the links given below:
These SSC previous year papers comprise four main sections from the Tier I examination of most SSC exams. The four subjects include Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and English Langauge.
SSC exams for the year 2020 are about to start, and candidates who are appearing for the examination must start their preparation and keep themselves updated with the latest exam pattern and syllabus for various posts.
There are five major exams conducted by SSC. This includes:
- SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level)
- SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level)
- SSC CPO (Central Police Organisation)
- SSC JE (Junior Engineer)
- SSC GD (General Duty Constable)
The exam pattern for the Tier I examination is almost the same, and the four subjects that are a part of the syllabus are also common. So solving the question papers may prove to be very useful for the candidates.
|SSC Preparation||Tips To Start SSC Exam Preparation||Free SSC Mock Tests|
|Section-wise SSC Exam Preparation||SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Admit Card|
SSC Previous Year Question Paper
It is recommended that candidates must solve the SSC previous year question papers as it may help them in multiple ways. Given below are a few factors as to how solving SSC question papers may prove o be helpful to the candidates:
- It will help a candidate analyse the standard of examination. What is the difficulty level of the exam can be understood if the candidates go through the questions asked in the previous year papers.
- Time management can be improved by solving SSC question papers regularly. A candidate shall be able to understand which section takes the maximum time and which one the least.
- Another benefit of solving SSC previous year question papers is that it will let to apprehend your strengths and weaknesses in the exam. You will get to know which topic needs more preparation than the other.
- Since there is negative marking in the exam, solving question papers at the same pace as in the final examination will let a candidate understand which questions he can skip and which not.
- The most important factor that proves that solving SSC question papers is beneficial is the fact that a candidate shall be able to revise the entire syllabus and practise it, last few days before the exam.
For candidates who are willing to prepare for the upcoming Staff Selection Commission exams, they can check the Tips to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching at the linked article.
SSC Exam Pattern
Given below is the SSC exam pattern for Tier I examination for the different posts in brief. Candidates can refer to the syllabus and prepare themselves accordingly:
|SSC Exam Pattern|
|SSC CPO Exam Pattern – Tier I|
|English Langauge||50||2 hours|
|SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier I|
|English Langauge||50||1 hour|
|SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier I|
|Reasoning Ability||50||1 hour|
|SSC JE Exam Pattern – Tier I|
|General Reasoning and Intelligence||50||2 hours|
|SSC GD Exam Pattern – Tier I|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||90 minutes|
Candidates who have either applied for the SSC exam for any of the five posts or are planning on applying for the upcoming exams, must start their preparation and keep in mind that solving SSC question papers and mock tests shall prove to be very helpful.
For any other assistance regarding the SSC exam information or preparation, candidates can visit BYJU’S.