SSC Junior Engineer 2021 exam notification is expected to be released on 28th November 2022 according to the SSC Calendar 2021-22. The information on SSC JE 2021 exam will be updated here once it will be announced.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam – SSC JE 2020
- The SSC JE 2020 Paper-II would be conducted on 26th September 2021. The results would be announced soon.
- The Staff Selection Commission has released SSC JE 2020 Paper I result on June 30th 2021. Candidates can check the detailed SSC Junior Engineer Result 2020 on the linked page.
- Along with the result the Commission announces the cut off for SSC JE exam. Those who appeared for JE 2020 Paper I from March 22nd 2021 onwards can go through the detailed category-wise SSC JE Cut Off 2020 on the linked page.
- Earlier SSC released the SSC JE 2020-21 Paper-I Answer Key on its official website on 6th April 2021. Candidates who appeared for the examination can check the Answer key on the official website.
The SSC has revised the schedule of the SSC JE 2020 exam for the Assembly Elections in some States/ UT during March-April, 2021. Candidates appearing for the SSC Junior Engineer 2020 exam can check out the revised schedule of the SSC JE 2020 exam given below –
SSC JE 2020 Admit card for Paper I is released by the Commission on March 12th. Candidates can download their SSC Junior Engineer 2021 Admit Card region-wise on the linked page.
The SSC JE Exam 2020 recruitment notification announced on October 1st 2020 to conduct Paper I of SSC JE 2020 exam from 22nd March 2021 to 25th March 2021. The important details of the SSC JE exams such as SSC JE eligibility, Apply online, exam pattern, vacancy, exam dates, syllabus, admit card, cut-off, and the result will be notified through exam notification.
Aspirants can download the SSC JE 2020 exam notification PDF given below-
SSC JE 2020 Exam Notification PDF- Download PDF Here
Candidates can also go through the latest SSC Exam Calendar 2020-2021 released by the commission.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam – SSC JE 2019
- The commission announced SSC JE 2019 Final result on 27th January 2022 on the official website. The candidates can download the final result PDF from the linked article.
- The JE Paper II was conducted and the results of SSC JE 2019 Paper II were announced on 23rd November 2021. The candidates can check the results from the linked article and also can download PDFs.
- The Staff Selection Commission has announced the SSC Junior Engineer 2019 exam result for the paper I conducted in October 2020. Those who wrote the JE exam can check the SSC JE Result 2019 Result PDF on the linked page.
- SSC released the admit card for SSC JE Exam 2019 for Bihar Central Region. The exam for SSC Junior Engineer Paper I 2019 is on December 11th (postponed due to Bihar elections, only for candidates who applied Bihar as their exam centre). Candidates appearing for the Junior Engineer exam from October 27th can download the SSC JE Admit Card from the given link. Earlier, Staff Selection Commission on 21st October released SSC JE 2019 Exam Admit Card for all other SSC Regions.
SSC JE Exam 2018 – The Staff Selection Commission has announced the final result of JE 2018 exams on January 11th 2021. Check the detailed PDF of SSC JE Result here.
This article will give important information regarding the SSC Junior Engineer Exam for the year 2020.
Table of Contents:
- SSC JE Recruitment 2021
- SSC JE Exam Dates
- SSC JE Notification 2021
- SSC JE Apply Online
- SSC JE Exam Pattern
- SSC JE Syllabus
- SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
- SSC JE Admit Card
- SSC JE Cut off
- SSC JE Result
- About SSC
SSC JE 2020-21 Recruitment
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC JE Exam every year to select eligible candidates for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying and Contracts) posts for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
The SSC JE full form is Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineers. To know about other SSC Exams, visit the linked article.
The annual recruitment of the SSC JE exam offers a golden opportunity to aspirants across the Indian sub-continent to fulfill their dream of working in a prestigious Government organization.
The recruitment for SSC JE 2021 is yet to be announced. Recently the commission has started with the recruitment process of SSC JE 2020 examination.
Interested candidates who wish to take the SSC JE 2020-21 exam are required to visit the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/) to apply online for the competitive exam.
Besides, candidates should visit the SSC official page often to stay updated on a regular basis about any latest details pertaining to the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2021.
The last recruitment was SSC JE 2019 for which notification SSC JE exam was out on August 13th, 2019. For, information on the recruitment process of other SSC Exams, visit our SSC Recruitment page.
Also, SSC recruitment is expected to become more convenient with the approval of the National Recruitment Agency. This body shall conduct a Common Eligibility Test for candidates aspiring to join the Government sector at Group B and Group C posts. The three Organisations which will be a part of the CET are SSC, RRB and IBPS.
SSC JE Exam Dates
The SSC JE Exam Dates for different years are as follows:
SSC JE 2021 Exam Dates
The exam date for SSC JE 2021 will be notified with the release of the official notification. The table below gives an idea regarding the tentative SSC JE Exam dates for the year 2021-22:
|SSC JE Exam Dates 2021|
|Exam Events||Important Dates [Tentative]|
|SSC JE 2021 Notification/Advertisement Date||28th November 2022|
|Online Application Submission Starts on||To be notified|
|Closing Date for Online Application Submission||27th December 2022|
|Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|SSC JE 2021 Paper I (CBE)||March 2023|
|SSC JE 2021 Paper-II||To be notified|
SSC JE 2020 Exam Dates
The SSC JE Examination dates 2021 is notified with the SSC JE Notification 2020-21, which is released on 1st October 2020.
The table below gives an idea regarding the tentative SSC JE Exam dates for the year 2020:
|SSC JE Exam Date 2020|
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC JE Notification||1st October 2020|
|SSC JE Online application||1st October 2020 – 30th October 2020|
|Paper I (Computer-based exam)||22nd March 2021 to 24th March 2021|
|Paper I (Computer-based exam) Result||30th June 2021|
|Paper-II (Conventional)||26th September 2021|
|Result declaration (Tentative)||To be notified|
|Aspirants of SSC Junior Engineer exam, Have you been wondering how to kickstart your SSC JE exam preparation effectively? Then check the links given below for assistance-|
SSC JE Exam 2019
The important SSE JE exam dates 2019 are listed as below:
|SSC JE 2019 Exam Dates|
|Name of Event||Date|
|Release of SSC JE Notification 2020||August 13, 2019|
|Closure Date of SSC JE Registration||September 12, 2019|
|Closure Date of Online Fee Payment||September 14, 2019|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||September 14, 2019|
|Closure Date of Offline Fee Payment through Challan||September 16, 2019|
|SSC JE Admit Card 2019-2020||To be notified|
|Paper-I Exam Date (Computer-based Exam)||March 30, 2020 – April 2, 2020 (postponed)
Sept 1st – Sept 4th 2020 (New Dates)
October 27th 2020 – October 30th 2020 (Revised Dates)
|Paper-II Exam Date (Descriptive Test)||March 21st 2021|
|Paper-II Exam (Descriptive Test) Result||23rd November 2021|
|JE Final Result 2019||27th January 2022|
SSC conducted the last SSC JE exam 2018 in the year 2019. The important dates for SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2018-2019 are given in detail in the SSC JE exam date page, you can check the same for your reference.
For information on SSC Exam Dates of other examinations conducted by the Staff Selection commission visit the link provided.
SSC JE Notification 2020-21
SSc JE Notification 2021 is not yet released by the commission. The notification for SSC JE 2021 is expected to be announced by the Commission in October 2021.
Candidates aspiring to write other exams by the commission can check the detailed SSC Notification for relevant details.
SSC JE Exam notification updates:
- SSC released a notice stating that candidates of Junior Engineer examination, 2019, may modify their examination centres from September 26th to September 29th 2020. Applicants are required to login through their ‘Registration Number and Password on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in). The option for SSC JE Exam Center change will be available in the Candidates’ Dashboard under ‘Latest Notifications’ Tab from 26th September.
- The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC JE Option Form for Post preference where candidates can indicate their option, in order of preference for various SSC JE Posts. Candidates can go through the detailed notice and the Staff Selection Commission Option Form in the PDF given below –
SSC JE Option Form 2018- Download PDF Here
- SSC JE Exam Postponed amidst Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak. Candidates can check the detailed notice of SSC JE 2019-2020 exam postponement below:
The detailed information on SSC Junior Engineer 2019 exam postponement can be checked on the Official Website. Candidates are advised to keep a check on this page for the latest updates on SSC JE admit card and new exam dates.
SSC JE Exam Notification
Staff Selection Commission released the official SSC JE Notification 2020 to recruit fresh engineering graduates for the post of Junior Engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Quantity Surveying and Contracts). As per the notification, the last date to apply for the position closed on October 30th 2020.
The SSC JE salary for the Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) post in Level- 6 is Rs 35400-112400/- according to the 7th Central Pay Commission.
Click below to download the official SSC JE Notification 2020 for easy reference.
SSC Junior Engineer Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
The number of vacancies for SSC JE exam 2020 is released. However, for the SSC JE recruitment conducted in the year 2018-19, 1601 vacancies were released.
The Staff Selection Commission has announced the tentative vacancy for SSC Junior Engineer 2019 examination. As per the notification released on October 19th 2020, a total of 887 vacancies are announced. Category-wise vacancies are given below-
|SSC JE Exam 2019 Vacancy|
|Categories||Number of Vacancies|
For Post-wise and organisation-wise bifurcation of Junior Engineer vacancies can be checked on the SSC JE Notification page linked here.
Following are the posts that are likely to be filled up through SSC Junior Engineer 2020 exam:
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
|Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
Candidates can check the SSC JE Salary to know the post-wise salary structure of Junior Engineers.
Interested candidates can check SSC Salary for information about the basic pay and in hand salary offered for other posts of SSC examinations.
SSC JE Apply Online
The online application process for SSC JE 2020 exam has started with the release of SSC JE 2020 official notification. Candidates are advised to keep in touch for regular updates.
Interested candidates can visit the SSC Online Application page for similar details on other examinations.
As per the SSC Junior Engineer notification released in 2019, the online application process commenced from August 13, 2019, and continued up to September 12, 2019 (until 5.00 P.M.).
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming Junior Engineer exam can refer to the procedure for filling the online application form of which consists of two parts:
- One-Time Registration
- Online Application Form
SSC JE Application Fee:
Candidates aspiring to appear for SSC JE examination need to pay an Application fee of Rs 100/- (Rs. One hundred only) through any of the following payment modes like SBI Challan/ Net Banking, BHIM UPI, Credit or Debit cards, etc. However, it is interesting to note that women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen are eligible for reservation and they are exempted from fee payment.
Candidates can check the detailed information regarding the process of filling SSC JE registration form in SSC JE Apply Online page.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SSC Junior Engineer is divided into two papers i.e. SSC JE Paper-I (Computer-based Test) and SSC JE Paper-II (Written Test). The duration of each paper is 2 hours. Given below are the details of these Papers:
|SSC JE Papers||Exam Mode||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I: Objective Type||Computer-based Test||(i) General Intelligence and Reasoning
(ii) General Awareness
(iii) Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Paper-II: Descriptive Type||Written Test||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Candidates need to note that there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer in Paper-I of SSC JE. In Paper-II, they are permitted to use their own Calculator, Slide–Rule, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table only.
To know more about the exam pattern of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Exam Pattern page.
SSC JE Syllabus 2020-21
The SSC JE 2020-21 syllabus primarily consists of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. The SSC JE Paper-I comprises Objective-type questions and SSC JE Paper-II is of descriptive type.
Check the distribution of topics in SSC JE Syllabus for Paper-I below:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It mainly consists of basic topics like relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, space visualization, visual memory, analysis and judgment, Analogies, decision making, discrimination, verbal and figures classification, Number series, etc. Candidates must regularly solve the samples of SSC JE Question Papers available online.
- General Awareness: Under this category, the topics mainly comprise Geography, Culture, History, Scientific Research, General Polity, etc. Candidates can also check out various Static GK topics on the linked page for the general awareness section preparation for the SSC JE examination. To hone this section SSC JE Question Paper of previous years can be helpful for preparation.
- General Engineering: This includes specific topics pertaining to Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The idea related to the questions on the engineering section of the SSC JE exam will be available on the previous year SSC JE Question papers.
Aspirants of various Staff Selection Commission Exams can check the following link for assistance in preparation –
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper-II: This paper consists of three parts divided into core subjects such as:
- Part-A (Civil & Structural Engineering): It includes topics like Building Materials, Surveying, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Concrete Technology, Irrigation Engineering, RCC Design, Hydraulics, etc.
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering): It includes topics like Circuit law, AC Fundamentals, Electrical Machines, Measurement and measuring instruments, Synchronous Machines, etc.
- Part- C (Mechanical Engineering): It includes topics like Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Thermal Engineering, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, etc.
Candidates preparing for other examinations conducted by the SSC can go through the detailed syllabus by visiting the given links.
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
SSC JE Age Limit
Candidates must fulfil the below-mentioned age requirement as on 1st January 2020:
|SSC JE Posts||SSC JE Age Limit|
|Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Posts and Junior Engineer (Surveying & Contracts) and MES||18-27 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), MES, NTRO, Naval, Border Road Organization||30 Years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical) and CPWD||32 Years|
Candidates appearing for the SSC JE exam 2020 are required to check the detailed SSC JE Eligibility Criteria and the basic requirements before they fill up the SSC JE Application Form.
Here are some other key criteria that a candidate must adhere to before applying for this post:
- Educational Qualifications: Eligible candidates must hold the essential educational qualification for the posts relevant to their degree. They should have passed the Matriculation examination or any equivalent degree from a recognised Board.
- Nationality: Candidates who are the citizens of the below-mentioned countries are also eligible to take the exam, as per the SSC Junior Engineer 2019 Notification:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Aspirants interested to know the detailed SSC Eligibility for the different examinations held by the commission can visit the given link.
SSC JE Admit Card
Applicants who are taking the SSC JE Exam for 2020 can download the SSC JE Admit Card from the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/). They should carry it to the examination centre along with a Passport-size photo affixed on it on the scheduled exam day. While downloading the SSC Junior Engineer Admit Card from the relevant webpage, they need to click on the SSC JE Admit Card link and feed in the relevant credentials such as Registration Number and Date of Birth (DOB). It is advisable for applicants to keep a printout of the document for future reference.
SSC JE Admit Card Paper I 2020 released on 12th March 2021. The Commission releases the SSC JE Admit card to conduct SSC Junior Engineer Exam. Candidates can download the SSC Junior Engineer Admit Card from the official website or the SSC Regional websites.
To know more about the admit cards of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page.
SSC JE Cut off
The SSC JE cut off is decided by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). For the SSC JE Exam, the SSC would announce the Cut off /Merit list along with the results on the SSC official website.
Aspirants should go through the SSC Cut Off of other examinations as well to analyze the trend, this will help in strategising a better preparation plan.
The SSC releases two different cut off marks for Paper-I and Paper-II each. The result for SSC JE Paper II is not yet announced, hence the SSC JE Cut-Off for Paper-II will be provided once it is released.
Below given table highlights the SSC JE Cut-Off for Paper I 2018-2019:
|SSC JE Cut off 2018 – 2019 (Paper– I)|
|Category||Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Cut Off||Civil Engineering Cut Off|
SSC JE Result
SSC usually announces the SSC JE result on the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in). The SSC JE Result 2020 for paper i is expected to release soon. Candidates can check the details of SSC JE Result on the linked page.
To check the result for Junior Engineer examination, applicants should click on the SSC Junior Engineer tab under the Result tab and click on the link ‘SSC JE Result’. This would open a PDF file wherein applicants need to search their respective roll numbers to view their results.
- Recently, the commission will announce the result of the SSC JE 2019 paper I exam on 1st March 2021.
- The SSC JE 2018 Final result is released on January 11th 2021 and The SSC JE Exam result for Paper I 2018-2019 was declared on December 12th, 2019.
For information on SSC Results of different examinations conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, candidates can check the linked page.
The Staff Selection Commission is a constitutional body which conducts various recruitment exams like Group “B” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices.
In particular, the SSC holds Open Competitive Examinations for recruitment of the following posts:
|Lower Division Clerks||Central Secretariat Clerical Service /Indian Foreign Service (B), Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service and the Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service|
|Grade “C” and Grade ‘D” Stenographers||Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent Grades of Indian Foreign Service, (B) Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Headquarters|
|Assistants||Central Secretariat Service/ IFS (B)/ Railway Board Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service|
|Inspectors of Central Excise
Inspectors of Income-Tax
Preventive Officers and Examiners
Assistant Enforcement Officers
|Collectorates of Central Excise,
Commissioners of Income-Tax,
Directorate of Enforcement
|Sub-Inspectors||Central Bureau of Investigation and Central Police Organisations|
|Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants||Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and other Accounts Departments and Upper Division Clerks|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial,||CPWD, General Central Services (Technical)|
|Statistical Investigators, Grade IV of Subordinate Statistical Service (SSC), a Group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post||in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation|
|Tax Assistant, a Group C non–Gazetted Ministerial post||Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) and the Central Board of Excise and Customs)|
|Section Officer (Commercial Audit), a Group “B” Non-gazetted post||Indian Audit and Accounts Department|
|Section Officer (Audit), a Group B Non-Gazetted post||Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General|
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) also holds Departmental Examination for promotion purposes as well from:
|SSC Posts (For Promotion purposes)||Ministries/Departments|
|Group “D” to Lower Division Clerk Grade||Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Force Hqrs. Clerical Service|
|Lower Divisional Clerks to Upper Divisional Clerks Grade||Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Clerical Service|
|Stenographers Grade “D” to Stenographers Grade “C”||Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Stenographers Service|
Candidates preparing for various SSC examinations can check the links given below for help in their preparation-
- How to start SSC exam preparation?
- Section-wise Preparation tips for SSC Exams
- Mistakes to Avoid in SSC exams
- How to prepare SSC exams without Coaching?
You can check out BYJU’S SSC study materials which are extensive in nature and structured as per the exam pattern set by SSC. Watch out this space for more such useful content on SSC exams.
SSC JE Notification 2020 PDF- Download PDF Here
Frequently Asked Question – SSC JE Exam – Junior Engineer Examination
Q.1. What is the maximum age limit for SSC JE exam?
Q.2. What is SSC JE exam date?
Q.3. What is the minimum education qualification required for SSC JE exam?
Q.4. Is there negative marking for wrong attempts in SSC Junior Engineer exam?
Q 5. How can a candidate download SSC JE Admit Card?
Ans. To download SSC JE Admit Card, candidates have to visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission. The SSC JE Admit Card for 2020 examination is now released allowing candidates to download the admit card for SSC JE 2020, 10 days before the examination.