SSC JE Syllabus PDF – Aspirants of the SSC JE exam must keep abreast with the SSC JE exam pattern and syllabus. In this article, we will discuss at length about the latest SSC JE pattern and Junior engineer syllabus for Paper I and Paper-II.
Further details regarding SSC JE exam can be checked on the linked page.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the administering body of the SSC JE Exam for recruiting fresh new engineering graduates for the posts of SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts).
Aspirants who wish to appear for other exams by the Staff Selection Commission can know the details on SSC Exams page linked here.
To know more about other upcoming Government Exams, you can visit the linked article.
|Want to ace the Junior Engineer exam in the first attempt! Complete the comprehensive JE Syllabus conveniently with-|
SSC JE Exam Pattern
The salient features of the new SSC JE Exam Pattern are given below:
- There is a negative marking of 0.25% marks for each incorrect answer in Paper I.
- The SSC JE Syllabus for 2020-21 consists of two Papers –
- Paper I (Computer Based Examination)
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
- In Paper I and Paper II for General Engineering, an applicant is required to attempt only that section as per the option which was given at the time of filling up the SSC JE Application Form.
Candidates awaiting the SSC JE Admit Card for Tier I exam will be updated as soon as the commission releases the same. Candidates can keep a track of the admit card page (linked above) for updates.
The SSC JE Exam Pattern comprises two stages:
- Paper I (Computer-based Test)
- Paper-II (Descriptive/Written Test)
The time duration of each Paper is 120 minutes. The SSC JE Exam Pattern is given in the table below:
|SSC JE Exam Pattern- 2020-21|
|Name of Examination||SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts)|
|Number of Papers||
|SSC JE Exam Date||
|Duration of Exam||
|Type of Exam||Online & Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Type of Questions||All questions of Paper I will be of Objective type (MCQs)
Paper-II will be a Written Examination
Candidates preparing for Junior engineer or any other examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission can check SSC Mock Test for practice, revision and preparation analysis.
To know the SSC Exam Pattern & Syllabus of various examinations under the commission check the linked page.
SSC JE Syllabus
The SSC JE Syllabus 2020-21 consists of two different stages – Paper I comprises of Objective-type questions and Paper II is of Descriptive type/Written Test.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper I
This Paper is an objective/computer-based test of 200 marks for a duration of 2 hours. Given below are the different sections of Paper I:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering:
- Part-A SSC JE Syllabus (Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering)
- Part-B SSC JE Syllabus (Electrical Engineering)
- Part-C SSC JE Syllabus (Mechanical Engineering)
According to the notification, check below the distribution of topics under each section of SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus:
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning: This General Intelligence syllabus section mainly consists of questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This test particularly includes questions that are designed to test the candidate’s capacity to deal with arithmetical computations, abstract ideas, symbols, and their relationships and other analytical functions. Check 3 sutras to prepare for reasoning ability for SSC JE as it is an important and major part of the syllabus. Listed below are the topics under this section:
- Relationship concepts – Blood Relations
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Space visualization
- Visual memory
- Analysis and judgment
- Reasoning Analogies
- Decision making
- Discrimination & Observation
- Verbal and figures classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Similarities & differences
Candidates can check important topics for the Reasoning section:
|Reasoning Puzzles||Statement & Conclusion||Seating Arrangements|
For more relevant topics, check the Logical Reasoning page link provided here.
Candidates preparing for various SSC examinations can check the SSC Cut Off for trend analysis of previous years so as to strategies and prepare even better.
2. General Awareness: Under this category, the questions mainly test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him/her, knowledge of current affairs, everyday observations and its various applications to society. The questions in this section will be such that candidates do not require a special study of any particular discipline. This section also includes questions pertaining to India and its neighbouring countries especially relating to the following topics:
- Economic Scene
- Scientific Research
- General Polity
Given below are a few important general awareness topics:
- List of Government Schemes
- List of Famous Books And Authors
- List of Arjuna Award Winners
- Countries, Capital and Currencies
- Inventions & Discoveries
- Tennis Grand Slam Winners
- List of countries and Their National Games
You can check the links for preparation general awareness topics that might be asked in the general awareness section of the exam.
Given below are important links to prepare for various sections and gain an edge over competitors:
- Maths Tricks and Shortcuts
- Sentence Correction Questions
- Tips to master error spotting
- Idioms and Phrases Question and Answers
3. General Engineering: Candidates have to choose from any one of these three topics given below. The breakdown analysis of each part is done under the SSC JE Syllabus for Paper-II. This section includes three parts:
Part-A SSC JE Civils Syllabus – According to previous years SSC JE Civils Question papers the following topics from Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering were included in the SSC JE Civils Syllabus-
- Building Materials
- Soil Mechanics
- Costing and Valuation
- Concrete Technology
- Irrigation Engineering,
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- RCC Design
- Theory of Structures
- Steel Design
Candidates are advised to practice previous year SSC JE Civil Question papers for a better understanding of the difficulty level of the exam and they will also understand the important topics of SSC JE Civils syllabus.
Check out SSC Preparation for more study materials, tips and tricks and assistance in the preparation of any examination conducted by the commission.
Part-B SSC JE Electrical Syllabus – The SSC JE Electrical Syllabus includes the following topics from (Electrical Engineering)
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- AC Fundamentals
- Magnetic Circuit
- Electrical Machines
- Measurement and Measuring instruments
- Synchronous Machines
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors
- Basic Electronics
- Estimation and Costing
- Transmission and Distribution
- Utilization and Electrical Energy
To know the important topics of the SSC JE Electrical syllabus, it is imperative for candidates to regularly practice SSC JE electrical question papers from previous years.
Part-C SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus: Based on past years SSC JE Mechanical Question paper the SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus includes the following topics:
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- IC Engine Performance
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines
- IC Engines Combustion
- IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication
- Rankine cycle of System
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties of Pure Substances
- Air Compressors & their cycles
- Fitting & Accessories
- Principle of Refrigeration Plant
- Nozzles & Steam Turbines
- Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Flow rate
- Refrigeration cycles
- Properties & Classification of Fluids
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Fluid kinematics
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Basic Principles & Classification of steel
- Centrifugal Pumps
Candidates can check SSC JE preparation for tips, tricks, study material, relevant books to prepare and practice even better.
Practising previous year SSC JE mechanical question papers can help candidates in their preparation as these papers can help candidates predict the important topics of the SSC JE mechanical syllabus.
Candidates can download SSC JE Syllabus PDF free from the link given below for convenience in their preparation-
You can check the SSC JE Eligibility Criteria at this linked article for more information.
To appear for other exams by SSC check the SSC Eligibility criteria on the given link.
Candidates who wish to appear for the next recruitment of Junior Engineer exam can check the following links for in-depth information on various aspects of the exam.
|SSC JE Cut Off||SSC JE notification||SSC JE Admit Card|
|SSC JE Apply Online||SSC JE Exam Dates||SSC JE Result|
Candidates can also check SSC JE salary on the given link to know about the basic pay and in-hand salary structure of Junior Engineers.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper II
This paper consists of three parts as mentioned above. The Paper-II is a written test of 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours on any of the following parts chosen by the respective candidate:
- Part-A (Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering)
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering)
- Part-C (Mechanical Engineering)
Candidates need to select any one of the parts which they wish to take during the exam. Basically, Paper-II of the SSC JE syllabus includes a detailed explanation of each of the topics under each part as discussed in the General Engineering section of Paper I.
To Practice the important topics from SSC JE Civils Syllabus, SSC JE Electrical Syllabus, and SSC JE Mechanical syllabus it is imperative for candidates to regularly practice the samples of SSC JE Previous Year Question Papers available online.
The SSC JE Previous Year Question papers will help candidates to get an idea of the important topics, frequency of repetition of questions, the difficulty level of SSC JE Questions. Along with this candidates will be able to better analyze their Strengths and Weakknesses.
The subjects of SSC JE syllabus Part B i.e. Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering are also part of optional Subjects of UPSC Syllabus.
SSC JE Books
Books are an essential part of every student’s life. To grasp the first-hand knowledge about any subject, it is necessary for students to study the good study materials for the exam. Here we bring you a few good SSC JE books for reference that you can use during your SSC JE preparation.
|SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Recruitment Exam Guide 3rd Edition||Disha Experts|
|SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||RPH Editorial Board|
|SSC JE Electrical Engineering for Junior Engineers Previous Year Solved Papers (2008-18), 2018-19 for Paper I||GKP|
|SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide||GKP|
|General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
Candidates willing to appear for the next recruitment of Junior Engineer can go through the given links for help:
- How to start SSC Exam preparation?
- Mistakes to avoid in SSC Exams
- How to prepare SSC exams without Coaching?
Candidates who wish to prepare for different examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission can check the related links given below for in-depth information-
|SSC Online||SSC Exam Date||SSC Results|
|SSC Recruitment||SSC Salary||SSC Admit Card|
For the latest information on all the exams held by the commission, candidates can check the SSC Notification page.
Interested candidates can check the links given below to know the detailed syllabus of relevant government exams.
You can also refer a few solved question papers of prior years of the different sections to get the feel of a real test. Besides, during your preparation, you may also want to go through BYJU’S study materials to expedite your prep process. Keep an eye on this space for more information on SSC exams.