NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an entrance examination held by the National Testing Agency(NTA) for students aspiring for undergraduate courses (Medical and Dental) like MBBS and BDS in private and government colleges in our country. This exam primarily is one-tier based and is conducted annually usually in the month of May from the year 2016, the AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) has been replaced by the NEET Exam.
Before applying for NEET, candidates should look at the application form to see as to whether they fall under the eligibility criteria mentioned in it. The criteria for the exam would vary as per the State or All India Basis.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|NEET Eligibility Criteria|
|Aggregate Marks||For General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%) Note: The marks scored for Math would not be taken into consideration in this exam|
|Number of Subjects||There will be a total of 5 subjects with Physics, Chemistry, Biology being mandatory.|
|Number of attempts||There is no such attempt limit in NEET 2020, only age limitation is applicable.|
|Year of Passing||
NEET Eligibility Criteria for State Quota
Candidates should note that around 85% of MBBS/BDS seats will be reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest 15% seats will be allotted at the central level for All India Counseling. Hence, candidates have to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants should be a resident of the respective state.
- Applicants should have proper proof of their residency.
- Applicants should have completed (or pursuing) their schooling (12th standard) from the respective state.
Eligibility for All India Quota in NEET
- Applicants have to be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 18 years.
- The upper age limit for candidates of general category will be 25 years, and for SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years.
- For applicants hailing from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir, they would be only eligible for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
From details, candidates can have a clear idea about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020. For further details, it is advisable that aspirants refer to the NEET 2020 official website in case of additional clarifications.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification and news on NEET 2020. Get the NEET Syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, NEET Exam details, etc. only at BYJU’S.