KCET 2022 cutoff score for different categories and courses will be released by KEA after the declaration of the result. KCET cutoff will be in the form of closing rank for a particular college. The candidate’s KCET 2022 cutoff score will depend mainly on his/her marks obtained in the entrance examination. However, it will be developed based on several factors such as the total number of candidates, exam difficulty level, availability of seats in participating institutes.
There are two separate lists of the cutoff for the General and Hyderabad-Karnataka region. The seat allotment of the candidates during counselling depends on the KCET 2022 cutoff score. Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) cutoffs will be announced on the official website where students can view them online.
Steps to check KCET cutoff 2022
- Candidates should visit the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The official website is https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
- Click on the tab to open the cutoff score.
- The cutoff score for various institutions, courses, categories will be listed in pdf format.
- Candidates from the Hyderabad-Karnataka region should check for the cutoff score under the Hyderabad-Karnataka merit cut.
- Other candidates should check the general merit list.
Factors determining KCET 2022 cutoff marks
There are different factors that determine the KCET 2022 cutoff scores. The factors are listed below
- The difficulty level of the examination
- The number of candidates appearing for the examination.
- Seat availability in the institutions
- Performance of the candidates.
- Availability of seats for reserved category
- Average marks scored by the candidates
- Previous year cutoff marks
- Number of seats available for a particular course
Qualifying marks for Different Categories of Candidates
- The candidates should score 50% of the total marks for the general category
- The candidates should score 40% of the total marks for SC, ST and OBC categories.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the cutoff score released?
The KCET cutoff score will be released along with examination results. The results will be out tentatively in August 2022.
Where should the candidates check for the KCET cutoff score?
The KCET cutoff score will be released on the official website of KEA.
What are the qualifying marks for the general category?
General category students should score 50% of the total marks to qualify for counselling.