Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) had earlier scheduled the dates to fill the KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) application form 2020 from 5 February 2020 to 2 March 2020. On the request of many students and parents, the application portal was enabled once again. KCET 2020 online application form filling started again on 7 March 2020. KCET application form 2020 last date was 16 March 2020. The offline payment of the application fee for KCET 2020 had to be done before 18 March 2020. The online application correction mode was made active from 19 – 27 March, 2020.
While the exam was postponed due to the COVID pandemic, the registration was reopened again on 08 May 2020 and was made open until 18 May, 2020.
How to Fill the Application Form
Steps to be followed to fill the application form:
- Candidates are requested to download the information brochure from the official website and read the instruction on filling the application form
- To avoid error candidates are advised to download the KCET application form 2020 from the website and practise filling the form before they enter the details on the online form
- Candidates should click on CET-2020 UG online application by visiting the official website: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
- Candidates should register before they log in to fill the application form. After which they will receive an application number and user id to the registered mobile number and email address.
- They can enter the login details and open the application form.
- Most of the questions in the application form can be filled by selecting the options from the readily available list. Candidates should fill in the student information and study details.
- Documents required for KCET application form are listed below
- Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate
- Scanned copy of a photograph of the candidate
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression of the candidate
- Scanned copy of parents signature or left thumb impression
- The filling of KCET application form 2020 is done in two-phases. The first phase can be filled and edited any number of times.
- The second phase of the application form is the declaration form.
- After the declaration form is filled and submitted, information filled in the application form cannot be edited.
- After the declaration form is completed candidates should select the bank name from the list and download the Challan
- Candidates should take a printout of the completed application form which has to be submitted at the time of document verification.
- Candidates should not upload any documents after filling the form but the candidate has to mention the reservation he/she is eligible in the application form.
Application fees for KCET 2020 application form
|Candidates from Karnataka||General merit,2A,2B,3A,3B||Rs.500/-|
|Female candidates of Karnataka||Rs.250/-|
|Candidates outside Karnataka||General Merit||Rs.750/-|
|Candidates outside India||General Merit||Rs 5,000/-|
Correction window for the application form
Correction window for KCET application form has started on 19 March 2020 at 6:00 pm. The last date to edit the application form is 27 March 2020 till 6:00 pm. Candidates can make the necessary changes in all the fields entered by the candidate in the online application form.
Reopening of application correction along with exam centre change option was opened from 20 – 31 May, 2020. The application correction facility for change in exam city preference was made live from 26 – 29 June, 2020.
Following steps has to be followed to edit the application form
- Visit the official website: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea
- Click on the link “Edit Online Application CET-2020”
- Enter the user id and application number
- Click on the” Payment Status” tab and then click “Edit Application”
- Candidates can edit the necessary details on the online application form.
- Select the “Declare” button and then submit the application form
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the last date to submit the filled KCET 2020 Application Form?
The last date to submit the application form was 16 March 2020
Is there a correction window to edit the application form?
The correction window to make changes in the already filled application form is from 19 March 2020 to 27 March 2020.
How should the application form fee be paid?
Application form fee should be paid in the banks listed in the application form. Challan should be downloaded from the official website after filling the application form.