NTA (National Testing Agency) has declared the eligibility for the JEE Main 2019 which will be same for January and April. NTA will be conducting the exam twice a year. JEE Main for January is over, next exam will be in April. So the candidates who are applying for April JEE Main will get all the information here on Byjus. A candidate can give a total of three attempts in JEE Main and this exam from now onwards will now be held two times year so a candidate is eligible to give JEE Main six times in three consecutive years.
Joint Entrance Exam (Main) is a common entrance exam conducted at the all India level to facilitate the admission of students in undergraduate courses offered by various government and private engineering institutes in India. To avoid the rejection of application form, the students are advised to have a thorough knowledge of eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019 which is made mandatory by NTA for engineering aspirants. The students are eligible for B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, Integrated MSc courses in premier engineering institutes like NITs, IIITs after successful completion of JEE Mains exam. JEE Main eligibility criteria include age criteria, total attempts, JEE Main eligibility marks, pass percentage, selection criteria for IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs, subjects pursued in the qualifying exam and the year of passing or appearance in the qualifying exam. Here we have provided the complete details on JEE Main eligibility criteria 2019 for the exam scheduled from 6th to 20th of January and 7th to 20th of April 2019. The students are advised to read all the given instructions thoroughly for successful approval of the application form.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Based on the following parameters the candidates will be eligible for JEE Main exam 2019.
- Age criteria: All candidates (General Category) born on or after 1st of October 1994 are eligible for JEE Mains 2019. For SC, ST and PwD candidates, the age limit has been relaxed to 5 years and should have born on or after 1st of October 1989 for being eligible.
- Total attempts: The students can avail a maximum of three consecutive attempts for JEE Mains and two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced. The first attempt is taken soon after 12th board exams followed by the other attempts in consecutive years. Exam will be held twice a year so total attempts a candidate can appear for are six.
- Subjects in the qualifying exam: It is mandatory for all students appearing for JEE Mains that they must have pursued at least 5 subjects with Physics and Maths as their core subjects in their qualifying examinations. Students who have studied less than 5 subjects in their qualifying exam are not eligible for JEE Main. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Language and one more subject of choice is required as eligibility for JEE Main. To make it more clear for B.E./ B.Tech the subjects included are language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemsitry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject, and any other subject. For B.Arch/B.Planning the subjects included are Language, Physics, Mathematics (mandatory), Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject, and any other subject.
- Year of passing the qualifying exam: Students who have passed their 12th class examination or other equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018 are eligible for appearing in JEE Mains 2019. Students currently appearing for their class 12th examination or other equivalent qualifying examination are also eligible, provided their result should be declared before 15th of June 2018.
- Marks eligibility: For the candidates belonging to general category-The students must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their class 12th board exams or they must rank among the top 20 percentile in their qualifying examination for getting admissions in IITs, NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.
For candidates belonging to reserved category-A minimum of 65% marks are required for getting admissions in different undergraduate courses offered at IITs, NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.
- Year of passing qualifying exam: Students who have passed their 12th class examination or other equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018 are eligible for appearing in JEE Mains 2019. Students currently appearing for their class 12th examination or other equivalent qualifying examination are also eligible, provided their result should be declared before 15th of June 2018.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Repeaters
- NTA has removed the age limit.
- Candidate must have passed 12th class exam or other equivalent qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018.
- 75% marks needs to be secured by the candidates belonging to general category in 12th for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. And 65% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- Candidates must have 5 subjects in qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
JEE Main eligibility criteria for repeaters and class 12th candidates has to be fulfilled by all the engineering aspirants. JEE Main is also an eligibility test for students aspiring for JEE Advanced. The top 2,24,000 candidates qualifying Mains will be allowed to appear for the Advanced exam.
For further question on JEE go through JEE FAQs.
Solving JEE Pulley problems
Complex JEE problems