The UPPSC PCS 2022 exam for the prelims phase took place on 12th June as per the notification. The UPPSC exam 2022 notification was released on 16th March 2022. The mains exam for UPPSC PCS will start from 27 September onward.
UPPSC holds a Provincial Civil Services Examination, simply called the PCS Examination. As All-India IAS Exam recruits candidates for central services; PCS Exam recruits candidates for UP state services.
Aspirants to know the A to Z of other State Service Commission Exams can go through the List of PSC Examinations with Important Details here.
In this article, you will get the latest updates about the UPPSC PCS Exam 2022. The year-wise significant information about PCS Exams is also provided.
|UPPSC PCS Exam – Table of Content|
|What is UPPSC?|
|Latest updates on UPPSC|
|UPPSC PCS 2022|
|UPPSC Exam Preparation|
What is UPPSC?
UPPSC stands for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. It is the rightful authority to conduct the state services’ examination to recruit candidates for Group A and Group B services of the UP state government.
- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the UPPSC Mains Application Form 2022. Candidates are required to fill the application form for UPPSC Mains 2022 by August 25th, 2022. 5964 candidates have qualified for the PCS Main exam 2022. The commission is yet to announce the UPPSC PCS Mains exam date.
- The Commission successfully conducted the UPPSC Prelims Examination 2022 on Sunday June 12th. The candidates can check UPPSC Prelims 2022 question paper for practice. It will help in PCS 2023.
- The candidates can check out the UPPSC Prelims Admit Card 2022 from the linked article. The UPPSC 2022 Prelim exam is scheduled to be conducted on 12 June 2022 (Sunday) from 09: 30 AM to 11:30 AM and from 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM in 28 centres.
- The Last Date for UPPSC 2022 Receipt of Examination Fee On-line in the Bank: is April 12, 2022 while the last date for offline application is on 16 April 2022
- The UPPSC PCS Prelims 2021 result has been declared by the Commission on 1st December 2021.
- The UPPSC has released PCS 2021 Prelims Answer Key for GS papers I and II on their official website. The Prelims exam was held on 24th October 2021.
UPPSC PCS Exam 2022 – Important Details
|Name of Exam||Provincial Civil Service Exam or PCS Exam; officially known as the Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Examination|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Purpose of PCS Exam||To recruit Group A and Group B officers into the executive branch of the Uttar Pradesh state government|
|PCS Exam Pattern||PCS Exam is conducted in three stages (similar to UPSC Civil Services Exam):
|UPPSC Vacancy||Varies every year;
|UPPSC Syllabus||The updated UPPSC Syllabus as per the new pattern of the PCS Exam (Prelims and Mains) at the linked article|
|PCS Exam Eligibility||Check the complete eligibility criteria for UP PCS Exam here|
|PCS 2022 Timetable||The schedule is:
|PCS 2021 Timetable||The schedule is:
|PCS Exam Results||For the results of UPPSC 2021, 2020, 2019 2018, 2017, and 2016, refer to our UPPSC Results page (Link provided above)|
|PCS Exam Notification||Check our UPPSC Notifications page to download UPPSC Notification 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017 PDF|
|PCS Exam Preparation||Check our UPPSC PCS Preparation page to download UPPSC PCS Preparation booklist 2021 and get tips and strategies to cover the syllabus|
UPPSC 2022 – Prelims, Mains & Interview
PCS Exam has three stages:
The dates of UPPSC Pre, Mains and Interview 2022 can be checked from the official UPPSC Calendar given below:
UPPSC 2022 – PCS Exam 2022
The application process was started on 16th March 2022 and the examination process is ongoing. The brief details can be checked below:
|PCS Prelims 2022||The prelims took place on June 12th 2022.|
|PCS Mains 2022||The UPPSC Mains 2022 is proposed to be conducted on September 27th 2022.|
|PCS Interview 2022||The UPPSC Interview date is yet to be announced.|
PCS Exam Preparation
For UPPSC preparation, a pragmatic approach would be to align it with the UPSC IAS Exam preparation.
Many state commissions are modeling their syllabus and/or exam pattern with that of the Union Public Service Commission.
For the candidates’ reference:
How different is UPPSC preparation from UPSC preparation?
The main difference between UPSC preparation and UP PCS exam preparation is that in the latter candidates have to study details (history, geography, polity, current affairs) about the state of Uttar Pradesh as well.
For the most part, the preparation strategy for both focus on NCERT books and notes, standard reference books (such as Laxmikanth’s Polity) and Current Affairs preparation.
Here, you can find UPPSC study material (books and notes) and daily Current Affairs:
- Download NCERT books PDF from this link
- Check out the NCERT notes on Ancient History, Medieval History, Modern Indian History, Art/Culture, and Geography.
- Daily News Analysis
- Download Yojana Magazine Gist
- Find PIB Summary here.
For the current affairs part, approximately 10-12 months of coverage is recommended.
If you are simultaneously preparing for the UPSC Civil Service Exam as well, then a one-stop preparation guide can be found on our UPSC 2022 page.
Also, an important part of preparation is going through the previous years’ question papers and doing MCQ solving practice for Prelims and answer writing practice for Mains.
Brief about UPPSC Exam
The UPPSC PCS Exam details are as follows:
- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts the Provincial Civil Service Exam (PCS Exam) to recruit for state-level services. The selected PCS officers can be promoted to IAS officers later in their careers.
- The recent change in the pattern of the UP PCS Exam has made it quite similar to the UPSC Exam Pattern. Now, like the IAS exam, there are 4 GS papers and the choice of only one optional subject in PCS Mains.
- On April 1, 1937, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) came into being with its headquarters at Prayagraj (then Allahabad).
- The current UPPSC chairman (2022) is, Dr. Manoj Soni. His term of office will end on 27 June 2023. Earlier Shri Sanjay Shrinet. Earlier, 1993 Batch IAS Officer, Shri Sanjay Shrinet was the UPPSC chairman. Apart from the UPPSC chairman, there are five other members.
The current UPPSC members (2022) are:
- Smita Nagaraj
- M. Sathiyavathy
- Bharat Bhushan Vyas
- T. C. A. Anant
- Rajiv Nayan Choubey
The working of the UPPSC is regulated by:
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (Regulation), 1976
- The Uttar Pradesh State Public Service Commission (Regulation of Procedure Act, 1985)
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (Procedure and Conduct of Business) Rules 2011.
The list of UPPSC Exams is given below:
- PCS Exam (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Examination – Prelims, Mains)
- Review Officer (RO)/Assistant Review Officer (ARO) Examination (Prelims, Mains)
- Additional Private Secretary (APS) Examination
- Assistant Registrar Examination
- Combined State Engineering Examination
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer Examination
- UP Nyayic Seva (Junior Division) Examination
UPPSC Related Queries
Q1. What are PCS exams?
Q2. IS PCS Exam easier than IAS?
Q3. What is the salary of PCS officer?
Q4. Can PCS officer become DM?
Q4. Which subject is best for PCS?
For other important state examinations, aspirants can check the table below: