Answer writing is a continuous exercise that is an inalienable part of the preparation process for the Civil Services Examination. A well-written answer not only reflects the knowledge of an aspirant but also his/her ability to tailor the content in a manner suited to meet the expectations of the question.
Somehow, this is easier said than done. Many questions abound in the minds of students, for example: How does one pick and choose which points to include in an answer and which to leave out? What does a good answer look like? , etc.
Answer Writing Practice for IAS Mains
We at the BYJUs IAS team have realised that despite going through the content for various subjects, students still face a challenge in terms of putting pen to paper and writing down the points in a manner most fitting the expectations of a UPSC answer.
Keeping this in mind, we have realised the need to publish some of the best answers written by students across the country in response to the subjective type questions we share with them. It is strongly believed that aspirants and readers alike would get a hands-on feel of what some of the best answers would actually look like on paper. Further, this initiative dovetails well into our larger idea of empowering our students towards writing better answers for the Mains examination. We sincerely hope that this initiative will go a long way towards helping our students achieve success in this examination.
How this initiative will help you?
- Get to know what other aspirants across the country are writing in terms of answers that meet the expectations of the questions.
- Get to know your own level of preparedness with respect to the Civil Services Examination.
- Get further inspired towards writing better answers and improving your own answer writing skill
- Understand the different nuances between the various operative words for example: “Critically Analyze”, “Discuss”, “Elucidate”, etc.
- Realizing a critical point that a “well-filled” answer isn’t the same as a “well-formed” answer.
- Understanding the different narratives that a GS answer and Essay papers often need so as to invite high marks from the examiner
Sample Answers for UPSC Mains
Answer script for UPSC Mains PDF
Answer script for International Relations questions PDF
Answer script for India-China relations PDF
Answer script for Artificial Intelligence PDF
Answer scripts for lateral entry, tribal rights and open data policy PDF
Answer scripts for Maulana Abul Kalam, Ponzi schemes and DSI technology PDF
Answer script for Continental Drift Theory PDF
Answer scripts for Continental Drift Theory PDF
Answer scripts for Speaker PDF
Answer scripts for Tourism in India
Answer scripts for Presidential form of government
Answer scripts for Agrarian crisis and other answers
Answer script for Digitization and other answers
Answer scripts for Cyber Physical System and other answers PDF
Answer script for Geography PDF
Answer script for Soil erosion PDF
Answer script for agrarian crisis & other answers
Answer script for Essay PDF
Answer script for Governance PDF
Answer script for public sector questions PDF
Answer script for corruption questions PDF
Answer script for technology and other questions PDF
Answer scripts for DPSPs and other answers PDF