The Union Public Service Commission conducted the IAS preliminary examination on October 10, 2021. BYJU’S has uploaded the UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2021 for GS Paper I and Paper II (CSAT) further below in this space.
BYJU’S has also released the CSE Experts-designed UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key to enable candidates to evaluate their performance and accordingly start off with their mains preparation. You can download the GS and CSAT answer key at the linked article.
Applicants and aspirants can review and download the IAS Prelims 2021 Question Paper PDF to evaluate their performance. Also, refer them to comprehend the complexity of the IAS Exam paper.
Keep track of IAS Prelims Test Series for CSE 2023. It will be designed by India’s best experts in the UPSC IAS exam, using which you can fine-tune your preparation before the examination.
UPSC Prelims 2021 Question Paper
The UPSC Prelims comprises two objective type papers:
- General Studies I (100 questions)
- General Studies II or CSAT (80 questions)
Each of these papers is 200 marks and the duration of each GS paper is 2 hours. Aspirants can inspect the detailed IAS Prelims Syllabus in the linked article.
GS Paper I:
This comprises various topics from history, economy, polity, geography, science and technology, environment and ecology, etc. Subsequently, the negative marking scheme is also applicable with a 1/3rd mark deduction for every wrongly answered question.
UPSC Prelims 2021 GS 1 Question Paper (Set D):- Download PDF Here
For wide-ranging IAS Questions & Answers from subjects like history, polity, geography, economy, environment etc. visit the linked article now.
GS Paper II – Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
This is slightly different from General Studies Paper I and comprises questions to evaluate the logical ability of the candidates. It tests comprehension skills, analytical and communication skills, decision-making, problem-solving, basic numeracy and mental ability. This paper is just qualifying in nature.
UPSC Prelims 2021 GS 2 Question Paper (Set D):- Download PDF Here
To check the UPSC CSE Prelims Result that shall soon release after the conclusion of the examination, visit the linked article.
Apart from solving the UPSC 2021 prelims question paper, candidates can also refer to the previous year question papers for thorough preparation and revision:
|UPSC Prelims 2020 Question Papers||2019 UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
|UPSC Year-wise Answer Keys||Topic-wise IAS Prelims Question & Answers|
Review the detailed IAS Prelims GS Paper I and II exam analysis 2021, along with the expected cut off through the video given below:
UPSC 2021 Prelims Question Paper – Key Points To Remember
- Marks secured only in the General Studies Paper I will be evaluated for calculating the merit
- CSAT paper is only qualifying in nature and one needs to attain a minimum of 33% marks (i.e. 66 out of 200). To learn more about the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), check out the linked article and get more relevant details about the paper
- Negative marking is applicable for both these objective papers. Candidates can get details about ‘How to calculate IAS prelims score after negative marking?’ at the linked article
- Current Affairs and General Awareness constitute an important part of the civil services prelims examination. Thus, one must keep themselves abreast with the latest current affairs
- Over the years, due to the increasing competition, the minimum qualifying marks have also observed a slight trend change. UPSC Cut Off for prelims will form the basis for candidates qualifying for further stages of the recruitment process
UPSC Prelims just is the first hurdle to leap over and achieve your dream of cracking the civil services exam. Candidates can read the inspirational IAS Success Stories from the former toppers and bring in the required changes in their preparation strategies.
Importance of Solving UPSC Prelims Previous Year Question Papers
The key advantages of attempting previous year UPSC question papers are:
- UPSC 2021 prelims question paper will help aspirants get a better understanding of the latest exam pattern
- Analyse the topics which are more important from the examination perspective
- Apprehend the pattern and format in which the questions may be framed
- Scrutinize the complexity of the UPSC Exam paper
- It will help in monitoring the trend changes in the prelims examination pattern
More importantly, the biggest advantage and importance of solving previous year IAS papers is to self-evaluate and focus on your shortcomings.
Frequently asked Questions about UPSC Prelims Question Paper
Are the same questions repeated in UPSC Prelims Question Paper?
Is 2 months enough for UPSC Prelims?
Can UPSC be cleared in 1 attempt?
For any further assistance, the latest exam updates, study material or preparation tips, turn to BYJU’S for expert assistance.
|Other Related Links|
|UPSC Syllabus||IAS Toppers|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Notes PDFs|
|UPSC Previous Year Mains Question Papers||UPSC Prelims 2020 Answer Keys|