NEET 2023 registration window opened on March 6th, 2023. Aspirants can begin registration for NEET 2023 on NTA’s official website. This article higlights the registration process, NEET photo requirements, important documents, and other important details.
NEET Registration 2023
NEET is a one-tier national-level medical entrance exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). Aspirants who wish to pursue various medical courses such as MBBS and BDS in India have to qualify NEET exams. Candidates must compulsorily apply online as NTA will only accept registrations that are made through the official NTA portal or neet.nta.nic.in. Registrations made elsewhere will not be entertained by the NTA.
Table of Contents
NEET 2023 is all set to take place on 7 May 2023. Aspiring candidates can apply for NEET by filling out the registration form released by the NTA on their official website. As stated above, please ensure that registrations are made only on NTA’s official website or neet.nta.nic.in. Moreover, applicants are required to follow the rules and regulations set up by the conducting authority. Failure to do so might result in cancellation of the application.
How to Register for NEET 2023?
Following are the steps to apply online
- Apply for online registration
- Fill the application form
- Pay the examination fee
Interestingly, the registration process has more or less has remained the same over the years. The aforementioned steps are elaborated with screenshots from the official website for NEET registration.
Steps for NEET 2023 Registration
- Visit the NEET official website: https://neet.nta.nic.in/
- Click on the “NEET UG (2023) Registration” button located at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click on the “New Registration” button.
- Aspirants will be required to accept the terms and conditions to proceed. Click “I agree” to proceed and thereafter, click on the submit button after carefully reading the instructions, eligibility criteria and information bulletin.
- Register online and make note of the system-generated application number.
- Create a password and pick a security question and enter an answer
- The application number is generated after submitting personal details, use it to complete the remaining steps of the application form. The application number shall be used for future references.
Application form filling
Log in using system generated application number and password created to complete filling out the application form for NEET. Most importantly, candidates must ensure that the details provided in the application form match the details on their Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate.
Once the above personal details are confirmed, the candidate can enter the address and academic details. Following details of the candidate are to be provided:
- Personal details (Nationality, Gender, Category, Aadhaar number)
- Birthplace information (Address, State, District)
- Previous year attempts (if any)
- Contact details
- Domicile of candidate
- Parents’ details
- Academic details
Choose question paper medium, exam city, provide details of academic qualifications, upload documents and images. Upload candidate’s scanned images of recent passport size photo, postcard size photo, signature, and right and left thumb impressions. If applicable, provide these documents – Citizenship certificate, Category certificate and PwD certificate.
Permissible IDs for Different Category of Candidates
|Indian Citizens of all states||Class 12 Admit Card, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.|
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI||Passport Number/ Citizenship Certificate Number|
- Once steps 1 and 2 are completed, candidates must pay the examination fee.
- Fees can be paid online through Debit/credit card, net banking, or UPI. In addition to the examination fee, processing charges and GST are applicable
- After successful payment, the confirmation page of the application form will be generated
- Download and ensure that the confirmation page is saved for future reference
Aspirant must provide a valid phone number and email ID with postal address with PIN code. After submitting the application form, finally, a NEET registration number will be generated. Applicants should note down this registration number for future references and usage.
The filled-in postal and contact details in the Application Form must be correct. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that all the entries are correct. Request for change in any particulars in the online application shall not be entertained under any circumstances. Moreover, the candidates must ensure that the mobile number is their own as all future communication by the NTA will be on the number that is provided during the time of registration.
Documents required for NEET 2023 Registration
- Scanned pictures of Finger impressions, signatures, and Recent Photograph
- Class 10, 12th marksheet
- Valid ID proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Documents required for NEET registration 2023 are – photograph, thumb impression (left hand), signature, Class 10 mark sheet, Class 12 mark sheet, Class 10 Passing Certificate, Class 12 Passing Certificate, and valid ID proof.
Details required for NEET 2023 Registration
Some of the details to keep ready to fill NEET online application form are as follows –
- Mobile number and e-mail ID, Valid ID proof
- Personal details and address details with correct spellings as per Class X Certificate
- Details of academics
NEET Application form fees 2023
NEET 2023 exam fee has been announced. Following are the category-wise break up for the same. Candidates are also required to bear the service charges as well as GST (as applicable).
|Category||Fee (INR)||Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||₹ 1700/-||₹ 9500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||₹ 1600/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||₹ 1000/-|
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
|Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2023|
|Age Criteria||The minimum age limit is 17 years as of December 31, of the year of admission or students belonging to all the categories. Hence, for candidates to qualify for the lower age limit, they must be born on or before 31st December. There is no clause on the upper age limit of candidates willing to appear for NEET.
As per the Letter dated 09 March 2023, received from National Medical Commission, Under Graduate Medical Education Board pertaining to the upper age limit, that there should be no upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting.
|Aggregate Marks||For,General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%)
OBC/SC/ST – 40% (PH – 40%)
Note: The marks scored for Math would not be taken into consideration in this exam
|Number of Subjects||There will be a total of 3 subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology.|
|Number of attempts||There is no such attempt limit in NEET 2023|
|Year of Passing||
Summarizing points for NEET Application
- Visit the official website for NEET
- Click on the NEET online registration link
- Register using a mobile number and email address
- Fill out the NEET exam registration form, note the generated application number
- Scan and Upload required documents with specifications given by NTA
- Payment of fees
- Download and take a hard copy of the filled application form for future reference
What After NEET-UG 2023 Registrations? – Steps after Applying for NEET 2023
- Once students have registered for NEET through the online mode, students must apply by filling out the NEET application form in the online mode only
- Upload the scanned documents and pay the fees for the examination, carefully read your application form and submit it
- Once the process if completed, save your application number
- Take a print out of the confirmation page and save it for future references
- NTA then, after review, opens the correction portal for corrections to the application form (if any) for the registered candidates to certain fields only
- Once the correction facility is closed, candidates next await for the NEET admit cards to be released
- Please note, NEET hall tickets are released in the online mode only
- After the release of the admit cards, the examination takes place on the scheduled date. This year exam is to be conducted on 7 May 2023.
What was the process of NEET 2021 Registration?
Changes were introduced in applying for NEET-UG 2021. The process took place in 2 sets/phases for the process to occur at a faster pace. In the first set, a candidate filled out the application before the last date of submission of the application form online. In the second phase, information from candidates had to must be filled in before results were declared or downloading of the scorecard at the time of the period that would be separately informed through the portal.
For more details and updates on NEET 2023 important dates, NEET 2023 Preparation tips, NEET 2023 exam patterns, and NEET 2023 syllabus, visit BYJU’S. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification and NEET Exam details.
|Recommended Question Papers for NEET Exam:|
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET Registration 2023
Is NEET 2023 registration form released?
What is the registration fee for NEET 2023?
The registration fee for NEET 2023 – For General (UR) – ₹ 1700/-(INR), General-EWS/ OBC-NCL – ₹ 1600/- (INR) outside India, the fee is ₹ 9500/-.