Table of Contents :
Download the Complete Guide to NEET UG Prep
Related Topics on NEET Preparation Tips 2023 – Most Frequently Asked Topics on NEET 2023 Preparation
- Prepare with NEET Test series 2023
- Study Time Table for NEET 2023
- NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy for Repeaters
- Low Mock Scores? Learn How To Improve At Mock Tests
- How to Improve NEET Score in Tests
- 7 Best Ways to Strengthen The Basics for NEET
- How to Concentrate for Long Hours While Preparing for NEET 2023
- How Should A Dropper Prepare for NEET
- How to Prepare for NEET Within 3 Months
- Productive Ways to Use The Internet for NEET Preparation for 2023
- How to Prepare for 2023 NEET Biology
- How to Successfully Clear NEET
- How Online Coaching Will Strengthen Your Preparation
- Is Coaching Important For NEET
- How to Score Good Marks in NEET
- How to Study Organic Chemistry For NEET
- How to Practice Questions in The Right Way For NEET
- How to be Consistent With Your NEET 2023 Preparation
- Do’s and Don’ts For NEET
- Last 10 Days NEET 2023 Preparation
- Why Solving Practice Tests is Necessary For Your NEET Preparation 2023
- Helpful Tips to Manage NEET And Board Exams
- How to Clear NEET in The First Attempt
- 10 Ways to Deal With Stress During NEET Preparation
- Top 5 Ways To Deal With Anxiety During NEET Preparation
- NEET 2023 Preparation
- Online Preparation For NEET
- Benefits of Joining A NEET Crash Course
- Tips for Long Term Memorization for NEET
- How to Crack NEET Physics in 1 Month?
- Is Online Study Better for NEET?
- How to Prepare Physical Chemistry for NEET?
- Groundbreaking Tips on How to Strengthen NEET Basics
- Why Solve Mcqs for NEET Biology
- Is Crash Course for NEET Helpful
- Are Ncert Books Sufficient to Crack NEET
- Can An Average Student Crack NEET Exam
- How to Prepare for NEET If Its Your Second Attempt
- Top 10 Study Tips to Crack NEET In First Attempt
- How to Prepare For Neet 2023?
- How to Crack Neet 2023?
- Is Crash Course Enough For Neet?
- How to Score 600+ in NEET?
- How do I Crack NEET 2023 by Self Study
- How to Master Biological Classification for NEET
- Tips to Solve Numerical in Physics and Chemistry for NEET
- How To Prepare For NEET In 20 Days?
- Pro Tips to Crack NEET Online
- How to Score a Perfect 360 in NEET Biology ?
- How Solving Previous Year Question Paper Helps to Score High in NEET ?
- How to Score 170+ in NEET Physics?
- How to Score 160+ in NEET Chemistry?
- How do NEET Toppers Study ?
- How To Make Revision Notes For NEET?
- How Many Times Can I Appear In NEET Exam ?
- Will NEET Exam Contain Questions Based On Biotechnology ?
- How Many Hours One Should Study For NEET ?
- Is NEET A Tough Exam ?
- How To Prepare For NEET In 1 Month ?
How To Prepare for NEET 2023?
The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET-UG) is a competitive exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for aspirants seeking admission to undergraduate MBBS and BDS courses all over India. Every year, more and more candidates apply for NEET Exam to pursue a career in medical science. Before preparing for any competitive exam, candidates should be aware of the basic details of the examination. Here are some NEET exam details that can help aspirants to prepare for the examination.
Trending: NEET 2023 exam on 7 May
Also Check: Benefits Of Taking Up NEET Mock Test
Basic details about NEET 2023 – NEET 2023 Strategy
For State Quota Seats and All India Quota Seats, the minimum age of aspirants to apply for NEET-UG is 17 years. Earlier, there was a clause for the upper age limit being 25 years and a relaxation period of 5 years for OBC, SC and ST candidates. However, the latest on the upper age limit suggests that students above 25 years can also take up NEET provisionally, as the matter is still in court.
Candidates should qualify in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology separately. 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is a must for general-category students.
Subjects and Pattern
NEET UG Exam is mainly based on 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology). There are a total of 180 MCQs, with a 3-hours time duration. For each correct response, 4 marks are awarded to the candidates, and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect response.
When it comes to medical aspirants in the country, the first hurdle to accomplish is NEET UG. It is one of the toughest exams in the country. For admissions into medical colleges, this is the only entrance exam conducted. Consequently, a huge number of candidates appear for NEET Exam. The exam requires not only hard work, but also the right technique to clear it. Though it may seem difficult, with a proper preparation plan, it is a lot easier to crack this examination. The following NEET preparation tips can help aspirants to prepare for the exam in a better way.
More links: NEET Quiz videos
NEET Preparation Tips for 2023 – NEET 2023 strategy
Year on year, the competition for the exam is rising and how! In order to crack and qualify to take up a medical seat, one must have the best strategy. Part of the strategy must be a study planner, exhaustive revisions, mastering the NCERT syllabus from classes 11 & 12, getting acquainted with question papers, and much more. Aim high! A well-documented, customized plan covering all your strengths and weak points can serve as a boon. Here, we bring to you some NEET Preparation tips by toppers and experts, collated for you, which you can follow:
Know the NEET Syllabus – NEET 2023 preparation
The very first thing that aspirants should know is complete information about the official NEET syllabus. They can compare the NEET syllabus with their board exam syllabus. It is beneficial because if there are common chapters, candidates will not have to prepare for them separately. This can give extra time to prepare for the topics that are not covered in the syllabus.
Important topics to focus on for NEET – NEET 2023 preparation
- Physics – Mechanics, Optics, Thermodynamics, Nuclear Physics
- Chemistry – Mole Concept, Periodic Table, General Organic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Chemical Bonding.
- Biology – Genetics, Cell Biology, Morphology, Ecology & Environment, Reproduction, Basics of Biotechnology, Physiology of Animals & Plants.
Good Study Material – NEET 2023 preparation
The most important factor to prepare for any exam is good study material. Following the right NEET study material is critical to preparing for the examination. NCERT is the best book for NEET 2023 preparation, which NEET test-takers over the years have been following. Aspirants can consult NEET teachers and toppers or read their interviews and check which books they referred to. By following NEET toppers’ interviews, candidates can also get an idea about their strategy and NEET preparation tactic.
Best book for NEET 2023 preparation
Listed below are a few NEET Preparation books which candidates can follow to prepare for NEET.
|Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee||Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET|
|The Feynman Lectures on Physics Vol. II & Vol. II||Organic Chemistry – MConcise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Leeorrison and Boyd||Trueman’s Elementary Biology Volume – I and Volume – II|
|Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker||Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes||AC Dutta for Botany|
|Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma||Physical Chemistry for Medical Entrance by OP Tandon||Books by T.L Rayar|
|The Feynman Lectures on Physics Vol. I (Mechanics. Radiation and Heat)||Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan||11th and 12th NCERT textbooks|
Also see: Physics weightage for NEET
Study plan for NEET 2023 – NEET 2023 preparation
There is no better strategy than advance preparation of a study plan for NEET 2023. A timetable can help one plan and follow their study routine diligently. A well-prepared, customized and structured timetable can allow candidates to work on their weaker sections and allot time for NEET mock test and evaluation. It will also create a sense of seriousness and discipline in a candidate’s NEET preparation. Here are some easy steps that candidates can follow to prepare a NEET timetable.
- Get a calendar and a diary
- Set your priorities
- Set out long study hours
- Take care of your health
- Don’t sleep during study time
- Get enough sleep
Daily Time Table for NEET 2023 preparation – Break-up of activities
Practice NEET sample papers and previous years’ question papers – NEET 2023 preparation
One of the greatest challenges for any entrance exam is the time limitation. Practise is key, not only for NEET but for any competitive exam. Candidates have to complete 180 questions within a time duration of 3 hours. This means that they can dedicate only 1 minute to each question. Thus, time management skill is essential for NEET Exam.
Candidates should practice NEET sample papers and previous years’ question papers to improve their accuracy and speed levels. Solving question papers will also give them an idea about the question pattern, difficulty level of questions, and chapter-wise weightage in the exam. They can also analyse their weak and strong areas by solving mock papers. Here is a list of Question papers from previous years:
- NEET 2021 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2020 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2019 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2018 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2017 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2016 Question Paper with Answers Keys
- NEET 2015 Question Paper with Answers Keys
Also see: NEET Questions
Prepare Notes – NEET 2023 preparation
The best way to improve memory skills is to prepare notes while studying. Candidates should jot down all the important notes in a copy or a diary which can be useful for revision before the examination and save a lot of time for them. Candidates should note down the points clearly as it will help them to avoid confusion during the time of revision.
You might like: Important Notes For NEET 2023 – Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Concentrate on weaker sections – NEET 2023 preparation
A student can be very strong in one topic and relatively weaker in another, but they should not get demotivated by this. They should work harder on the sections they are weak to strengthen them. They can take guidance from teachers and friends if they find it difficult to understand any concept. Candidates can solve NEET sample papers and previous year’s question papers to analyze their weaker areas and dedicate more time to those sections. Through this, they can overcome their fear of weakness and gain a lot of confidence.
Use codes – NEET 2023 preparation
Aspirants can use analogies to remember certain important information. Analogies help connect certain areas of the brain to others and are effective in retaining information because they connect new information to already existing information. Mnemonics can be used to remember important sections such as the periodic table in chemistry.
Take Scheduled Breaks – NEET 2023 preparation
Candidates should avoid marathon study sessions, especially for difficult topics. While doing a challenging crossword, they may realize that if they take a break and come back to the puzzle, they will end up with a solution faster. This is because although students aren’t consciously solving it, their brain is still working in the background subconsciously. It does most of the hard work for them. Candidates should plan and take timed breaks in between study sessions to prepare for the exam in a better way.
Take care of health – NEET 2023 preparation
A complete sleep is the best meditation. Not only a healthy sleep will revitalize a student, but it also boosts their concentration power. They should make sure they take enough breaks (scheduled and not random) and maintain a regular sleep cycle. Since an aspirant’s brain does most of the hard work here, they should give it sufficient time to recuperate. Sufficient rest can also help candidates to stay positive and continue to remain motivated.
These are some NEET preparation tips that candidates can follow to score good marks in the exam. Apart from all these preparation tips and strategies, candidates still make some mistakes while preparing that can be harmful to their results.
Recommended Videos for NEET Preparation 2023
Here are some common mistakes that candidates should avoid during their NEET 2023 preparation.
- Not following the time table: Candidates should strictly follow the timetable they have prepared for the exam.
- Hectic schedule: Candidates should not follow a hectic schedule or study for a long period of time as it can affect their retention and develop fatigue.
- Ignoring NCERT: Almost 70% of the questions come from NCERT textbooks, so candidates should not ignore NCERT books.
- Following too many books: Aspirants should avoid studying from many books at a time as they can get confused and mess up their NEET preparation.
- Ignoring subjects: When it comes to competitive entrance exams like NEET-UG, candidates should not leave a single page of any subject of the NEET syllabus unturned.
Candidates should follow these NEET preparation tips to secure a good rank in NEET Exam. They should avoid all the mistakes which are mentioned here while preparing for NEET.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification and updates on NEET, NEET result, previous years’ papers, NEET 2023 result. Know the detailed NEET syllabus, Exam pattern, books, and other related information only at BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET Preparation
Is One Month enough to prepare for NEET 2023?
NEET syllabus covers the content of class 11 and 12 both. Students usually start NEET preparation well in advance, 2 years generally. Covering this vast syllabus in 1 month is indeed very challenging. However, if one has a stronghold on the basics, with smart techniques and a dedicated plan, one could always aim at clearing NEET.
What are the top 3 tips to prepare for NEET 2023?
To sum everything up in 3 tips/points would not be fair, especially for a test like NEET which is deemed to be challenging, however, if there are 3 most important tips to be given to prepare for NEET, then they could be – 1. Cover NEET syllabus completely, master NCERT content. 2. Solve as many question papers as possible. 3. Plan, execute it and stay consistent with preparation.
What is the best NEET 2023 strategy for preparation?
- Carefully read instructions and understand about NEET – pattern, marking scheme, weightage etc.
- Explore the details of the syllabus
- Master NCERT; carefully choose related reference study material
- Strictly follow a realistic study plan and avoid distractions
- Prepare notes
- Regular revision sessions
- Practice question papers
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle