NEET is the most coveted and highly competitive examination conducted annually by the NTA (National Testing Agency) enabling medical aspirants to take up admissions in medical courses/programmes. This year around, NEET 2020 is scheduled to take place on 13th September 2020 and the number of applications has been overwhelming. An estimation reveals that the number of applicants this time around is anticipated to be around 15-17 lakhs making it all the more challenging for candidates accredited to the cut-throat competition.
At BYJU’S, we aim at making learning an effortless and simplifying experience for students. So, here we bring to you NEET Mock tests. These tests are contributing factors toward achieving your dream score. They help aspirants in mapping a productive plan when included in their study schedule as they simulate the exact exam set up serving as a great prep tool.
Through this page, NEET aspirants can easily access mock tests offered section-wise, formulated by academic professionals and experts with years of proficiency in competitive exams, hence backed by years of experience, making it all the more reliable and robust. These mock tests are based on the latest format and exam pattern prescribed by the NTA for NEET. The questions that appear in the mock tests are designed as per the previous year’s trends, blueprint suggested by the NTA for different sections, different chapters, and also from concepts that are more likely to appear in NEET, thereby covering almost all aspects.
Who Opts For NEET And Why?
NEET (National Eligibility cum entrance test) is a single level medical entrance examination. Students/aspirants who have appeared for class 12 exams with a PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) background, along with a minimum age requirement of 17 years, are eligible to take up the NEET exam.
This exam is the minimum qualifying standard for candidates to take up admissions in medical programmes/courses anywhere across the country, provided you have cleared the cut-off announced by the NTA. NEET exams are one of the first milestones one needs to clear to become successful doctors, medical professionals.
Candidates who take up NEET exams typically have only one aim – aim to become successful medical professionals (of any specializations). Students who clear the exams can get admitted to government medical colleges. While those who do not manage to get a good rank can still become medical professionals and approach private colleges. NEET can be a qualifying exam for courses such as MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPT, BHMS, etc courses.
See Also: NEET Question Papers
How To Take Up NEET Mock Test
Follow these simple steps to take up the NEET mock test:
- Take a seat in a secluded place where you will not be interrupted
- Set an alarm as per the NEET time duration
- Download a sample OMR sheet available online
- Take up a NEET mock test and start solving, mark the correct response in the OMR sheet (if offline)
- If you have taken up an online mock test, you can go ahead and mark answers directly
- With online mode, you can get results soon after the completion of your test
- Through offline mode, once done, you can verify your answers as per the NEET answering scheme and award a score
- After you have finished, analyze your paper, make note of weaker areas are start working on them
Benefits Of Taking Up NEET Mock Tests
NEET is a highly competitive exam, where the difference of a mere 5 marks can bring you down by nearly 50 ranks. One needs to have a well-practised hand to get an edge over others and clear the exam with a good rank. So how do we have a well-practised hand? Rigorous revisions of concepts and exhaustive practise with mock tests, sample papers and previous years’ papers can serve as the ultimate preparation plan.
Though there is a myriad of plus points of taking up mock tests, we bring you to some benefits of exercising up these tests:
- Since it emulates the exact exam set up, it is extremely effective in getting an idea of time management, thereby improving performance.
- Boosts confidence of students with their preparations, aiding in combating nervousness and developing a positive attitude amongst students
- Is a great tool to assess and get insights into their own preparation
- Helps analyze preparation, plus points, weaknesses and work on them efficiently
- Aids in enhancing speed and accuracy, which are key aspects of competitive exams
- Mock tests provide a detailed outlook of the NEET exam layout, familiarizing students with the format and typology of expected questions
- Helps students get accustomed to the mode of exam, thereby avoiding any chaos, hence aspirants get habituated with the actual exam scenario
- Students need to take these tests seriously, in a conducive and an ideal environment with the right temperament which can execute devise their strategies accordingly. The NEET exam pattern is given below:
|NEET Exam Pattern|
|Number of Questions||180 questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode only (pen and paper-based mode)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions with 4 options and 1 correct answer|
|Duration of Exam||The exam duration is 180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Language||The question paper is asked in 11 languages – English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati and Assamese.|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET Mock Test
Why should I take up mock tests for NEET?
Response: You can take it up to increase your speed, familiarize yourself with NEET exam pattern and exact NEET scenario, identify weak sections, awareness about NEET blueprint and its importance
Which mode for NEET Mock tests is better – online or offline?
Response: If you are looking at getting instant results without you having to go through to verify answers, then online is your answer. But if you want to have the ideal, pen-paper based experience, along with marking in the OMR sheet as in the actual NEET exam hall, you can opt for offline mode.
BYJU’S offers a plethora of study material on NEET along with all the necessary notifications, updates, and much more. Stay tuned with us for the latest.