Can you recall the moments just before entering the examination hall? Which is the set of notes you skim through during these times? Yes, these are the revision notes. Revision notes if rightly prepared with some smart steps and strategies can prove to be extremely beneficial to crack NEET exams with the short time frame left.
NEET is the most coveted medical entrance exam of the country, most challenging, but certainly can be cracked with the right set of strategies in place. It is a proven strategy to maintain personal notes while preparing for NEET exams. Most, if not all, prepare revision notes and prefer it to the already available notes online as hand-written notes are comfortable and easy to understand during hurried times.
Why Should We Make Revision Notes? – Benefits of Revision Notes for NEET 2020
- Helps arrange thoughts and focus on important topics
- Time-saving. It curbs the activity of having to go through multiple books/material for a topic during revision
- Extremely handy during last-minute studies
- Customization as per convenience, using different ideas/tools. For example – Highlighted notes, draw instant attention
- Helps in the identification of key elements from a chapter
- Jotting down points helps in information-retention, aids in remembering what was learnt
- Helps grasp hacks while revisiting a concept that cannot be found elsewhere
- Helps get acquainted with topics
Features of Good Revision Notes
Notes that can invoke the whole episode from the time when it was taught/learnt the first time, till the time it is revisited after a long duration are considered as the best notes jotted down. Let us look at some of the important characteristics a good revision note must cover.
- Simple, easy to comprehend
- Well-organized, sequentially arranged
- Brief (point-wise)
- Covers important points, list of formulae, shortcuts, etc
- Highlighted sections
Also See: NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
How To Make Revision Notes For NEET 2020?
Revision notes are intended to wisely filter out concepts that need to be strengthened. You will notice signs of improvement in your subject knowledge when you inculcate the habit of notes making. It can be revised towards the end of the day, concreting your preparation.
NEET exam is scheduled to be conducted on 13th September
2020. With less than 2 months for the exam and syllabus being vast, students often find themselves in a dire situation. Apart from the many other reasons, one of the underlying reasons for this is lack of maintaining revision notes.
Hence, we bring to you the essentials you would require to start preparing your notes right away. Just ensure your notes cover these points.
1. Understand and choose your learning style for note preparation
Different students have different learning styles. While some have a strong visual sense and prefer learning through visual media such as videos/ flowcharts/mappings/diagrams etc. Some others are immensely benefited by learning through simply reading, writing down points and revising constantly. A few others are driven to kinesthetic learning strategies, i.e., learning through physical activities.
2. Follow syllabus
Candidates must go through the class 11 & 12 syllabi which must be dominated by NCERT. Those topics not found in this syllabus must be covered from other related, reliable sources. Take a look at the best books for NEET, covered in detail for all the subjects to get a clearer picture.
3. Do not start making notes when you just start off with a chapter
Notes should be made only after having studied a chapter at least twice or thrice, after going through a couple of question papers, blueprint, weightage a chapter holds, etc aspects must be made note of. This is because, post covering these points, candidates get a clearer understanding of the important concepts, making it easier to make notes
4. Physics – Make notes of formulae, key derivation points. Let your notes be crisp, extract one chapter into one or two pages of notes. The more concise notes are the more appealing it is to follow
5. Chemistry – focus on organic chemistry. Make notes of important formulae. Physical chemistry and inorganic chemistry does not necessitate specific notes. NCERT books do the job fairly. However, key points can still be extracted for convenience.
6. Biology – Make notes of important topics which you find yourself often forgetting. Biology is vast consisting of botany and zoology, let your notes be incisive.
Related Links: How To Prepare For NEET in One Month
Simple Tips To Be Followed While Making Revision Notes
- Try having your own shortcuts for topics to gather information at a glance
- Highlight points with different colors to segregate based on priority
- Make note of recurring mistakes you commit and practice them by making notes of it
- Make notes in a book rather than sheets. There are chances you misplace them
- Try jotting down points, chapter-wise, sequentially.
- Make concise notes and in a simple, easy to understand the language
- Avoid copying the same content from books
- Try searching for information for the same topic from different sources, so that you have the best set of information on that topic
- Get adequate sleep and maintain health
It is essential to take up as many mock tests, practise question papers, sample papers and revise extensively. These tests must be taken up under ideal exam scenarios where the analysis should be carried out once you have taken up exams, to understand your mistakes and work on them all the more. Candidates must ensure to complete their daily tasks as per their daily schedule and set up achievable, realistic goals.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more on NEET and latest updates on NEET.
See More: NEET 2020 FAQs