After the exams are concluded, candidates are most keen about knowing the results. JEE Advanced result is mostly declared by the exam conducting authority usually two to three weeks after the exam. The result is published in online mode only and candidates have to be aware that no mark card copies will be provided or sent. For 2019, IT Roorkee will announce the result of JEE Advanced. As per the official notification, the authority will release the results on June 14.
The result will contain several details like the category wise All India Ranks (AIR) of the qualified candidates, the rank in Common Rank List (CRL), as well as subject wise scores and total marks. Candidates who gave the entrance test can visit the website and log in using their credentials. After successful entry, they can check and even download their marks card. Candidates will also receive a text message or a mail in their registered mobile number or email.
In any case, the procedure to check and download JEE Advanced result 2019 is given on this page. Candidates can go through them below.
How to Check And Download JEE Advanced 2019 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the result:
- Visit the official link (to be updated)
- Login using the required credentials.
- After successful entry, provided the required details that are asked and click on the “Submit” button.
- The JEE Advanced 2019 result will now be displayed on the screen
- Carefully go through and check all the details in the marks card. If everything is okay download it or take a print out for future reference.
Highlights of JEE Advanced Result 2019
- No physical copy of marks card will be sent by post.
- Following the declaration of result, the merit list will be prepared and released separately for different category candidates.
- The minimum marks will be different for candidates from different categories.
- Any errors in the marks card have to be reported to the authorities. The correction window for a certain period will be opened for such candidates.
What Details Are Mentioned In JEE Advanced Result?
The following details will be displayed and candidates need to check them properly:
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of Birth.
- Registration Number.
- Roll Number.
- Qualifying Status.
- Rank Obtained.
- All India Ranks (AIR).
- Subject-wise Marks for both papers.
- Total Marks.
Calculation Of JEE Advanced 2019 Scores
There is a certain mechanism that is used for calculating the scores of JEE Advanced 2019. Candidates who have written both the papers and qualified will be considered for Common Rank List (CRL). The marks obtained by the candidates in Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be taken into account and then calculated as;
Marks obtained in Chemistry = Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Chemistry) + Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Chemistry)
The calculation procedure will be the same for Mathematics and Physics.
As for the aggregate marks, it is calculated using the formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
The rank list for JEE Advanced 2019 is prepared using the aggregate marks of the candidates in the exam.
What Happens If There Is A Tie?
If such a situation arises the authorities have a policy in place to sort out any confusion. The ranks will be allotted based on:
- If a candidate has higher marks in Mathematics then that candidate will receive a higher rank.
- Likewise, candidates with more marks in Physics will be issued a higher rank than others.
- If the tie is still not broken then the same ranks are given.
What Is The Next Step After Results?
Once the results are declared and if the candidates receive positive result or qualify in the exams then they will have to register for the common counselling process of JoSAA. Registrations will remain open only for a certain time period. During this process, candidates will be allotted seats in their desired IITs, NITs, and other prestigious institutes depending on the merit and availability of seats. However, candidates also have to learn about the JEE Advanced cutoffs as their ranks will be affected by it. They can click on the link to know more.
To know more about JEE Advanced and IITs accepting JEE scores as well as admissions procedure and more, keep visiting BYJU’S.