JEE Advanced results are declared by the exam conducting authority usually two to three weeks after the exam. The JEE Advanced result is published in online mode only and candidates have to note or be aware that no physical mark card copies will be provided or sent. The link to download JEE Advanced result 2022 is given on this page. As per the latest notification by NTA, the JEE Advanced result 2022 will be released on September 11, 2022.
Table of Content
- JEE Advanced 2022 Result
- How to Check And Download JEE Advanced Result 2022?
- What Details Are Mentioned In JEE Advanced Result?
- Calculation of JEE Advanced 2022 Score
- Tie Breaking Policy
- What Is The Next Step After JEE Advanced Results?
JEE Advanced Result 2022
For 2022, IIT Bombay will conduct the JEE Advanced entrance exam on August 28th and the JEE Advanced results will be declared on Sunday, September 11, 2022 (10:00 IST).
The JEE Advanced result will be accessible from the official website. It will contain several details like the category-wise All India Ranks (AIR) of the qualified candidates, the rank in Common Rank List (CRL), as well as subject wise scores and total marks. Candidates who have written the entrance test can visit the website and log in using their credentials. After successful entry, they can check and even download their marks card. Candidates will also receive a text message or a mail-in their registered mobile number or email.
How to Check And Download JEE Advanced 2022 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the JEE Advanced result:
- Visit the official link (http://result.jeeadv.ac.in/)
- Login using the required credentials.
- After successful entry, enter the required details that are asked and click on the “Submit” button.
- The JEE Advanced result 2022 will now be displayed on the screen
- Carefully go through and check all the details on the marks card.
- If everything is okay, they can download it or take a printout for future reference.
Highlights of JEE Advanced Result 2022
- No physical copy of the marks card will be sent by post.
- Following the declaration of results, the merit list will be prepared and released separately for different category candidates.
- The minimum marks will be different for candidates from different categories.
- Any errors in the marks card have to be reported to the authorities. The correction window for a certain period will be opened for such candidates.
What Details Are Mentioned In JEE Advanced Result?
The following details will be displayed the in JEE Advanced result and candidates need to check them properly:
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of Birth.
- Registration Number.
- Roll Number.
- Qualifying Status.
- Rank Obtained.
- All India Ranks (AIR).
- Subject-wise marks for both papers.
- Total Marks.
Calculation of JEE Advanced 2022 Score
As stated earlier it is mandatory for candidates to write both Paper 1 and Paper 2. The marks obtained by candidates in Chemistry, Maths and Physics in both Paper 1 and 2 will be added individually. Candidates have to note that the marks obtained in each subject will be added and the total marks will be determined. For example,
Marks obtained in Physics = Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Physics) + Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Physics)
Aggregate marks/scores of the candidates are then calculated by the exam authorities on the basis of marks secured by candidates in each subject. They will use a formula for the calculation of aggregate marks for JEE Advanced 2022. It is as follows:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
The aggregate mark that is obtained by the students will be used for the preparation of the final rank list. Students are required to obtain the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate for their names to be included in the rank list.
- JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
- JEE Advanced Marks vs Rank
- JEE Advanced Answer Key
- JEE Advanced Paper Analysis
- JEE Advanced Cut-Off
Tie Breaking Policy
Whenever there is a tie between two or more candidates then the exam authority will use a tie-breaker policy for determining the new ranks. The conditions are as follows;
- Candidates who have higher positive ranks are awarded a higher rank.
- Candidates that have higher marks in Mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- If the ties still persist then the candidate with higher marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
What Is The Next Step After JEE Advanced Result?
Once the JEE Advanced results are declared and if the candidates receive a positive result or qualify in the exams then they will have to register for the common counselling process of JoSAA. Registrations will remain open only for a certain time period. During this process, candidates will be allotted seats in their desired IITs, NITs, and other prestigious institutes depending on the merit and availability of seats. However, candidates also have to learn about the JEE Advanced cutoffs as their ranks will be affected by them. They can click on the link to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Advanced Result
When will the JEE Advanced result be released?
How can I check the JEE Advanced result for 2022?
Candidates will be able to check their results using their roll number, date of birth and phone number.
Will exam conducting authority release the final answer keys of JEE Advanced 2022 paper 1 and paper 2?
What details will be mentioned on the JEE Advanced result 2022?
Is it compulsory for qualified candidates to register for the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) counselling process?
All JEE Advanced qualified candidates are required to register for the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) counselling process. They will need to fill in their course choices, preferred colleges and submit documents for verification as well.
Will there be a separate merit list prepared for Architecture Aptitude Test candidates?
No, there is no separate list prepared for AAT candidates. The seats are allocated solely based on the AIR that candidates obtain in the JEE Advanced exam.
To know more about JEE Advanced and IITs accepting JEE scores as well as admissions procedures and more, keep visiting BYJU’S.