The Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) is the first level examination of the Olympiad. Those who qualify in PRMO are eligible for the next round of the Mathematical Olympiad known as the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO). PRMO is organised by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (MTA) of India. The PRMO is conducted during the month of August every year. This year 2021-2022, the exam is conducted on March 6th.
Please Note: This page will be updated soon
Students should be aware of the examination pattern before they start the exam preparation. The students must mark the answers on an OMR sheet, following the instructions given on the OMR sheet and the question paper.
- The Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad (PRMO) is conducted for a duration of three hours.
- There will be 30 questions asked in the examination and the answer to each question is a single-digit number or a two-digit number.
- The question paper will be in English/Hindi.
- The questions asked in PRMO are based on the Class XI and Class XII syllabus. The questions are of a high level of difficulty. The difficulty level of the examination increases from the Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) to International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).
- The syllabus of the Mathematics Olympiad includes topics like Geometry, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Integers, Number theory, Graph theory, Trigonometry, Permutations and Combinations, etc.