The TNPSC Group 1 is a recruitment exam conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC). The TNPSC conducts various recruitment exams for Group 1,2,3,4 vacancies in the Tamil Nadu state administration.
A list of TNPSC Exams in 2019 is given below:
- Combined Civil Services Examination – I (Group 1 Services)
- Combined Engineering Subordinate Services Examination
- Combined Engineering Services Examination
- Combined Civil Services Examination – II (Group 2 and 2 A Services)
- Combined Civil Services Examination – IV (Group 4 Services and VAO)
For the complete TNPSC Exam Calendar 2019, candidates should check the official website (www.tnpsc.gov.in) of the commission or check the TNPSC Annual Planner here.
Table of Contents:
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission comprises a Chairman and 14 other members. The current TNPSC chairman is Dr K Arulmozhi, a retired IAS officer.
The TNPSC application procedure has been made online. To apply online, candidates have to open the official website of the commission.
The steps to apply online are given below:
- Candidates have to do a One-Time-Registration (OTR) before applying for any post
- The OTR fee is Rs 150. This is simply a registration fee and candidates have to pay application fee for the posts applied.
- The One-Time-Registration is not an application for any post. The OTR simply collates the candidates’ information and gives them an applicant dashboard to manage their own profile.
- The information candidates have to enter for TNPSC registration can be categorised under:
- Personal Details
- Education Details
- Communal Category
- Communication Details
- Correspondence Address
- Permanent Address
- Candidates should upload scanned copies of photo/signature carefully
- The OTR is valid for 5 years from the date of registration
- After the TNPSC registration, candidates can apply against the recruitment notified using the same User ID and Password given for OTR.
In case of issues or queries, the TNPSC contact details are given below:
- TNPSC Official Website: http://tnpscexams.net/ and http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Email id: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number (General Queries): 044- 25332855 and 18004251002
- Phone Number (Tech Queries): 044-25300309 and +918754000961
TNPSC Group 1
The Combined Civil Services Examination – I is conducted by TNPSC to recruit for Group 1 services in the Tamil Nadu state administration. This exam is also known as TNPSC Group 1.
The TNPSC Group 1 exam is modeled loosely on the lines of the UPSC IAS Exam.
The Group 1 Exam is conducted in three stages:
- Prelims – one objective paper – 300 marks
- Mains – three descriptive papers – 750 marks total
- Interview – 100 marks
For any TNPSC exam, candidates should check the latest recruitment notification on the commission’s website.
The TNPSC recruitment notification will have the updated details for syllabus, exam dates, application procedure and eligibility.
Candidates can check the below links for TNPSC Group 1 related information as per the latest 2019 notification.
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
Also, as many aspirants prepare for state service exams and UPSC simultaneously, we have provided the relevant information for comparison.
|TNPSC Group 1||IAS Exam|
|TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus||IAS Syllabus|
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern||UPSC Exam Pattern|
Candidates who are preparing for the TNPSC Group 1 can check the below links for free study material and more information:
TNPSC Exam Dates for the Group 1 Exam 2019 are:
- Date of TNPSC Notification: Jan 1, 2019
- Last date for application submission: Jan 31, 2019
- Date of TNPSC Group 1 Prelims: March 3, 2019
- Prelims Result: 1st week of April 2019
- Application submission for Mains (only for candidates who clear Prelims): April 10-April 20, 2019
- Date of TNPSC Group 1 Mains: July 12, 13, and 14, 2019
- Mains Result: (tentative) October 2019
- Interview dates: (tentative) October 2019
- Final Result: (tentative) November 2019
Candidates have to pay the fee for:
- One-Time-Registration: Rs 150
- Preliminary Examination Fee: Rs 100
- Mains Examination Fee: Rs 200
The exam fee concession details for TNPSC Group 1 are:
- SC/SC (A)/ST – Full Exemption
- Differently Abled Persons and Destitute Widows of all categories – Full Exemption
- MBC/DC/BC/BC(M) – Exempt if not availed three free chances in any previous TNPSC recruitment (any exam)
- Ex-Servicemen – Exempt if not availed two free chances in any previous TNPSC recruitment (any exam)
For details, candidates should refer the TNPSC notification.
Initially, the TNPSC recruitment notification for Group 1 Exam 2019 listed 139 vacancies. However, via an addendum, the number of vacancies were increased to 181.
The TNPSC Posts for which the 2019 recruitment is underway are:
|Deputy Collector||Tamil Nadu Civil Service|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat 1)||Tamil Nadu Police Service|
|Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service|
|Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service|
|District Registrar||Tamil Nadu Registration Service|
|Assistant Director of Rural Development||Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service|
|District Employment Officer||Tamil Nadu General Service|
|District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services)||Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services|
Candidates can select any one of the following exam centres for Group 1 Prelims:
The Mains exam is only conducted at Chennai.