Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Notification for Group 1 Services was out on 20th January 2020.
Updates on the TNPSC Notification 2020:
- TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Examination that was scheduled for 5th April 2020 has been postponed due to Coronavirus outbreak. The revised date of the examination will be announced by the commission soon. The last date to apply online for TNPSC Group 1 exam was 19 February 2020.
- Candidates can also check the annual planner/ TNPSC Calendar 2020 provided below.
TNPSC Group 1 Calendar 2020/Annual Planner 2020:- Download PDF Here
- 69 Vacancies are announced for TNPSC Group 1 2020.
TNPSC Notification 2019:
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2019 was out on 1st January 2019.
The TNPSC Group 1 exam is conducted in three stages:
- Prelims – one objective paper – 300 marks
- Mains – three descriptive papers – 750 marks total
- Interview – 100 marks
TNPSC Group 1 2020 Important Dates:
|TNPSC Group 1 2020 Notification Date||20.01.2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||19.02.2020|
|Last Date for Payment of Preliminary Examination Fee through Bank||21.02.2020|
|Date of TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Examination||05.04.2020 (10 AM-1 PM) [Postponed]
Revised Date – To be announced
|Date of TNPSC Group 1 Main Written Examination||Will be announced later at the time of declaring results of Preliminary Examination.|
- TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020 released
- TNPSC Group 1 Result 2019 has been released on 31st December 2019. Check the TNPSC Group 1 Result in the linked article.
- TNPSC Group 1 written examination 2020 will take place on 5th April 2020 for the direct recruitment to the posts included in the Combined Civil Services Examination-I.
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020
Candidates may check the advertisement released by the Commission on 1st January 2020. The detailed TNPSC notification as mentioned by the commission can be download from the link provided:
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
TNPSC Group 1 Posts & Vacancies
TNPSC has mentioned a total of 69 vacancies (approximately) in the TNPSC notification. The posts against the vacancies are given below:
|TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020 – TNPSC Posts & Vacancies|
|S.No||Name of the Post and the Post Code||Name of the Service and Code||No. of Vacancies (Approximate)||Level of Pay|
|1.||Deputy Collector (Post Code: 1001)||Tamil Nadu Civil Service||18||Level 22 Rs.56100- 177500 (Revised Scale)|
|2.||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) (Post Code: 1002)||Tamil Nadu Police Service||19|
|3.||Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes) (Post Code: 1003)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service||10|
|4.||Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Post Code: 1004)||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service||14|
|5.||Assistant Director of Rural Development (Post Code: 1006)||Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service||7|
|6.||District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services) (Post Code: 1008)||Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services||1|
The number of vacancies notified is approximate and liable for modification before the publication of the results of the preliminary examination.
TNPSC Group 1 2020 – Fees
Candidates should note that TNPSC has made the offline mode of payment invalid. The commission has stated – Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020 – Fee Exemption:
|TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020 – Fee Exemption|
|Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar) and Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption||–|
|Differently Abled Persons, Destitute Widows of all Categories||Full Exemption||
|Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Class (Other than Muslims), Backward Class (Muslim)||Those who have not availed three free chances so far in the previous recruitments may avail exemption from payment of examination fee.||Should not have availed three free chances in the previous recruitments.|
|Ex-Servicemen||Those who have not availed two free chances so far in the previous recruitments may avail exemption from payment of examination fee.||
To check the TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility for the Combined Civil Services-I (Group 1 Exam) candidates can check the linked article.
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2019
TNPSC Exam Dates :
- Date of TNPSC Notification: Jan 1, 2019
- Last date for application submission: Jan 31, 2019
- Date of TNPSC Group 1 Prelims: March 3, 2019
- Prelims Result: 1st week of April 2019
- Application submission for Mains (only for candidates who clear Prelims): April 10-April 20, 2019
- Date of TNPSC Group 1 Mains: July 12, 13, and 14, 2019
- Mains Result: (tentative) October 2019
- Interview dates: (tentative) October 2019
- Final Result: (tentative) November 2019
TNPSC Group 1 Application Fee
- One-Time-Registration: Rs 150
- Preliminary Examination Fee: Rs 100
- Mains Examination Fee: Rs 200
The exam fee concession details for TNPSC Group 1 are:
- SC/SC (A)/ST – Full Exemption
- Differently Abled Persons and Destitute Widows of all categories – Full Exemption
- MBC/DC/BC/BC(M) – Exempt if not availed three free chances in any previous TNPSC recruitment (any exam)
- Ex-Servicemen – Exempt if not availed two free chances in any previous TNPSC recruitment (any exam)
Initially, the TNPSC recruitment notification for Group 1 Exam 2019 listed 139 vacancies. However, via an addendum, the number of vacancies was increased to 181.
The TNPSC Posts for which the 2019 recruitment took place:
|Deputy Collector||Tamil Nadu Civil Service|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat 1)||Tamil Nadu Police Service|
|Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service|
|Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service|
|District Registrar||Tamil Nadu Registration Service|
|Assistant Director of Rural Development||Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service|
|District Employment Officer||Tamil Nadu General Service|
|District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services)||Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services|
How to apply for TNPSC Group 1?
- Candidates have to do a One-Time-Registration (OTR) before applying for any post
- The OTR fee is Rs 150. This is simply a registration fee and candidates have to pay the application fee for the posts applied.
- The One-Time-Registration is not an application for any post. The OTR simply collates the candidates’ information and gives them an applicant dashboard to manage their own profile.
- The information candidates have to enter for TNPSC registration can be categorised under:
- Personal Details
- Education Details
- Communal Category
- Communication Details
- Correspondence Address
- Permanent Address
- Candidates should upload scanned copies of photo/signature carefully
- The OTR is valid for 5 years from the date of registration
- After the TNPSC registration, candidates can apply against the recruitment notified using the same User ID and Password given for OTR.