The Civil Services Prelims Results have been announced by the UPSC on 12th July 2019. The IAS prelims exam was held on 2nd June.
The Union Public Service Commission generally declares the result of the IAS Prelims within 40-50 days and this time, the UPSC took 48 days to announce the prelims result. Those who clear the IAS prelims shall be provisionally eligible to take the UPSC Mains exam which will be conducted over five days in September this year.
UPSC Civil Service Exam Mains 2019 – (starts) September 20th
How to check the UPSC Prelims results?
Follow the steps given below to check your UPSC prelims 2019 results from the official website of the UPSC.
- Go to the official website of the UPSC (https://upsc.gov.in/).
- Click on the icon that says ‘Written results’.
- Then, click on the link which says Civil Services Prelims Results 2019.
- From here, you should be able to download the PDF of the document containing the list of candidates who have successfully cleared the UPSC Prelims 2019.
- Save the UPSC Prelims Result 2019 PDF for future reference.
UPSC Prelims Answer Key:
We have also compiled a UPSC Prelims Answer Key for 2019. You can check the answer keys (GS + CSAT) at the linked article.
UPSC Prelims Analysis
The Prelims 2019, as always, saw questions from subjects like history, geography, polity, science and technology, economy, etc. But the most important area is current affairs.
This time, there were 22 questions from current affairs. In 2018, there were 28 questions. Clearly, this is an area candidates should not ignore.
UPSC Prelims Marksheet
To check the UPSC Prelims Marksheet 2019, candidates will have to wait till the entire Civil Services Exam process for the year is complete.
The UPSC official marksheet is released on the official website of the commission. To know more about UPSC Marksheet, candidates can check the linked article.
UPSC Prelims 2019
The UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam in three stages:
- IAS Prelims
- IAS Mains
- IAS Interview – UPSC Personality Test
Even though an average of 5 lakh candidates take the IAS prelims, only about 800 – 1000 make it out as civil servants at the end of the process-cycle, which lasts for about a year.
You can download the UPSC Prelims Question Papers for 2019 from the links below:
To clear the UPSC exam, it is very important to solve previous years’ IAS question papers.
Why should I solve previous years’ UPSC question papers?
- To understand properly the UPSC question paper pattern
- To know which are the most important areas of the UPSC syllabus
- To be able to prioritise the IAS preparation
- To get answer writing practice for both prelims and mains exams
- To understand the time constraints in the IAS exam and plan accordingly
To download UPSC question papers of previous years, please visit the linked article.
In the GS I paper, candidates who hope to clear the exam and qualify for the UPSC mains should score above the cut off score, which would be revealed by the Commission in 2020, after the final results of the UPSC exam are out.
Experts at BYJU’S have predicted the UPSC Cut Off marks for the 2019 prelims to be 95 – 100 for the General category. The cut off marks would be lower for the other categories.
Read more on UPSC Cut Off marks here.
UPSC Prelims Result 2018
In 2018, the UPSC prelims was attempted by lakhs of IAS aspirants out of which a total of 10,468 candidates cleared it. For more on the UPSC Prelims results 2018, click here.
You can also download the UPSC Prelims results of the previous years from the table below: