KVPY or Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is an annual scholarship program conducted by the Department of Technology & Science, Government of India. KVPY is aimed at motivating the students for pursuing a research career in Basic Science. Contingency and Scholarships are granted to the candidates qualifying the talent test (up to the pre PhD level).
Every year, KVPY is conducted to search and select highly motivated and exceptionally talented students with unprecedented thought process and capabilities. The main objective of this program is to identify and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in India. The notification of KVPY 2020 Exam for fellowship has been released
KVPY Important Dates
|Opening of the online application portal||6th September 2020|
|The date for closing of online application||30th October 2020|
|Download Admit Card||Second week of January 2021|
|Exam Date||31st January 2021|
KVPY Eligibility 2020
|KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria|
|Stream SA||The candidate must be enrolled in 11th Standard Science stream during the academic session of 2020 and 2021.|
|Must have secured a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Maths and Science subjects (65% for ST, SC & PWD candidates) in their class 10th board examinations.|
|The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2022-23 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in the XII Standard /(+2) Board Examination.|
|During the interim period of one year, they will be invited for National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be met by KVPY.|
|Stream SX||The candidate must be enrolled in 12th Standard Science stream during the academic session of 2020 and 2021.|
|Must have secured 75% of marks in Maths and Science subjects (65% for ST, SC & PWD candidates) in their class 10th board examinations.|
|The Fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2021-22 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.|
|Stream SB||Must have secured 60% of marks in Science subjects (50% for SC, ST & PwD candidates) in 12th class board exams and 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. are eligible to appear for the aptitude test.|
|Students enrolled in the 1st year of B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. during the academic year 2020–21 are eligible.|
Read More: KVPY Eligibility 2020
KVPY 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
IISc will release the online KVPY exam applications in September 2020 in online mode. Students can fill the KVPY 2020 registration form by following the steps given below:
Log on to http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/applications.htm
Step 1: KVPY registration 2020- Applicants should have a valid email ID and mobile number to register for KVPY.
Step 2: Applicants have to fill details including personal and academic. They also have to upload signature and photograph,
Step 3: Pay Application Fee – Students can pay the fees online via net banking, credit or /debit card payments.
Read More: KVPY Application Form 2020
|General, OBC||Online||₹ 1250|
|SC, ST||Online||₹ 625|
Documents Required for KVPY Application Form:
- Scanned passport-sized photograph in JPG/JPEG. The image size should be less than 150 kb.
- Scanned signature. The image size should be less than 80 kb.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate, if applicable.
- A scanned pdf copy of the medical certificate for PwD candidates.
KVPY Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of KVPY 2020 comprises of topics from Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects. There is no specifically prescribed syllabus for the entrance examination. The question paper will contain questions from Class 10th, 11th, 12th or 1st year of MS, B. Sc, Int.M.Sc, B. Stat., B. Math. or BS.
Access Detailed Syllabus: KVPY Syllabus
KVPY Exam Pattern 2020
Exam Pattern for SA stream
- SA stream exam is held in the morning shift i.e. from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The examination is conducted for 3 hours.
- The test is conducted in two parts.
- Part I = 60 and Part II = 20 questions.
- Total number of questions in the SA stream is 80
- It is mandatory to attempt all questions in all the subjects.
- The questions are given in English and Hindi.
- There are negative marks given for every wrong answer.
- In part I, each correct answer is given 1 mark. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks is deducted.
- In part II, every correct answer is given 2 marks and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks is deducted.
- The total marks allotted for the question paper is 100 with a total of 25 marks for each subject.
|No||Subject||Part I||Part II||Marks|
|1||Physics||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|2||Mathematics||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|3||Biology||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|4||Chemistry||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Total||60 Questions||20 Questions||100 marks|
KVPY Exam Pattern For SB/SX stream
- SX/SB Stream exam is held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- The exam duration for the KVPY exam for SB/SX streams is 3 hours.
- The question paper is of 160 marks.
- Part I is of 80 questions and part II carries 40 questions. Students need to attempt only 80 questions in total.
- Students must attempt any 3 sections from part 1 (20*3=60 marks) and any 2 sections from part 2=(20*2=40).
- In Part I of SB/SX Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response & 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SB/ SX, for each correct response, two marks will be awarded & 0.5 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Mathematics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
Read More: KVPY Exam Pattern
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country on Sunday, the 31st January 2021.
KVPY 2020 Mock Test
KVPY Mock Test 2020 enables the candidate to experience an actual exam environment. Not only do they get well versed with exam patterns, but they also get to know about their weak areas which need to be focused more on. Here are some points to note about KVPY mock test:
- The KVPY 2020 mock test will be available both in Hindi and English
- Candidates can sign in directly without using their login ID and password to access the mock test
- The KVPY mock test is divided into two parts, comprising questions from Mathematics, Science, Physics and Chemistry
- The total duration of the mock test of KVPY is 180 minutes
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|