BPSC stands for the Bihar Public Service Commission. The BPSC conducts recruitment exams to fill Group A, B, C posts in the state administration of Bihar. Among the various exams, the Combined Competitive Exam (CCE) is one of the most prestigious and tough exams. Via the CCE, the BPSC recruits for about 20 posts and services. Read on to find information about BPSC, the online application process, BPSC notification, and other pertinent details related to the BPSC CCE.
Current Updates w.r.t BPSC Combined Competitive Examinations (CCE):
- 66th BPSC Notification | BPSC 2020 Notification is released by the Commission on 16th September 2020.
- On 9th September, BPSC has released the revised dates of 65th CCE Mains Examination. To check the complete details, refer to the BPSC Exam Date page.
- BPSC has released the BPSC 2018 Mains Result (BPSC 64 Result) in its official website. Candidates can download the BPSC Result from the linked article.
BPSC Combined Competitive Exam – 65th CCE and 66th CCE
Important details about 65th CCE:
- BPSC 65th CCE Mains Examination Dates Revised.
- 4th July was the last date to submit the 65th CCE Mains application (through speed post) hard copy.
- Online Application Process for 65th CCE (Main) Exam had started on 4th May 2020
- Total Vacancies – 423
- 6517 Candidates successfully passed 65th CCE Prelims and are promoted to Mains stage
- Prelims took place on 15th October 2019. Later, the Commission had notified the date of re-examination (65th CCE) for multiple disabled candidates. They appeared for prelims on 17th February 2020.
Important details for 66th CCE:
- The Preliminary Exam for BPSC 66th CCE (BPSC 2020) will take place on 27th December 2020.
BPSC Calendar 2020-21:- Download PDF Here
Table of Contents:
The Bihar PSC is a constitutional body under Article 315 of the Indian Constitution.
The BPSC came into existence in 1949 after its separation from the Orissa and Madhya Pradesh commissions. It is mandated to assist the state government in matters of recruitment, transfers and disciplinary actions.
The BPSC headquarters at the time of its inception was located in Ranchi which was later shifted to Patna, the state capital.
At present, the composition of BPSC is Chairperson plus six other members. The current BPSC chairman is Sri Shishir Sinha who was appointed in April 2018.
BPSC Contact Details are as follows:
- Address: 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bailey Road, Patna – 800001
- Official Website: http://bpsc.bih.nic.in and https://onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in/main/home
- Phone: 0612-2215795 and +91-9297739013
Few of the BPSC Exams in the exam year 2020 are listed below:
- 64th Combined (Interview) Competitive Exam
- 65th Combined (Main) Competitive Exam
- 66th Combined (Pre) Competitive Exam
- 31st Bihar Judicial Services (Pre) Competitive Exam
- Assistant Prosecution Offer (APO) Exam
- Assistant Conservator of Forest Exam
- Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam
- Assistant Engineer Exam
The detailed information, notification, vacancies, eligibility, syllabus, and online application can be found on the official BPSC website.
The BPSC Exam is conducted on similar lines as the IAS Exam. The exam pattern of BPSC CCE is given below:
- Stage 1 – Prelims – 150 marks (Objective Type)
- Stage 2 – Mains – 900 marks (Descriptive Theory)
- Stage 3 – Interview – 120 marks (Oral)
Currently, the BPSC 2018 (64th CCE) and BPSC 2019 (65th CCE) are underway. The BPSC Prelims 2018 was conducted on December 16, 2018, at 808 exam centres across 35 districts of Bihar. The BPSC Mains 2018 took place from 12th July 2019 onward. While BPSC 65th CCE Prelims took place on 15th October 2019.
BPSC Exam Dates and Details can be found in the following table:
|BPSC Syllabus||Read/download the detailed BPSC Syllabus for Prelims and Mains|
|BPSC Eligibility||The BPSC Eligibility Criteria comprises:
|Start of BPSC Online Application for BPSC Prelims of 64th CCE, 65th CCE and 66th CCE||BPSC 64 – August 3, 2018
BPSC 65 – July 4, 2019
BPSC 66 – Yet to be out
|Total Vacancies||BPSC 64th CCE – 1465
BPSC 65th CCE – 423
BPSC 66th CCE – Yet to be announced
|BPSC Admit Card (Prelims) released on||BPSC 64 Admit Card – November 27, 2018
BPSC 65th Admit Card – July 09, 2019
BPSC 66th Admit Card – Yet to be out
|BPSC Prelims Date||64th BPSC Prelims – December 16, 2018
BPSC 65th Prelims – October 15, 2019
BPSC 66 Prelims – Yet to be announced
|Start of BPSC Online Application for BPSC Exam (Mains)||BPSC 64th CCE (Mains) – March 12, 2019
BPSC 65th CCE (Mains) – July 04, 2020
BPSC 66th CCE (Mains) – Yet to start
|BPSC Preparation||Get study material including daily current affairs here|
BPSC Online Application
Salient Points related to BPSC Online Application:
- For the first stage of the BPSC exam i.e. the Prelims, candidates have to submit the online application before the last date mentioned in the notification
- The online application fee for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates is Rs 150 for BPSC Pre
- Even though candidates have to fill another form if they clear Prelims, the choice of Optional Subject for Mains needs to be entered in the Prelims Application Form
- Candidates have to first open the official BPSC website and register for the exam
- The next day after registration, candidates can pay the fee online
- The next day after paying the fee, candidates have to fill the application form online
- BPSC will not entertain any requests regarding changing of details entered by candidates in the form
- Candidates should double-check the entered Email Id and Mobile Number
- The User Name and Password generated as part of the registration process should be noted down by the candidates
- Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature (Hindi and English)
- After submitting the online application for BPSC Prelims, candidates should log in again and click on “Download Filled Application Section” on the dashboard
- Download the filled application and take two printouts for safekeeping
- For all exam related details, candidates should refer the BPSC notification
- Candidates who clear the Prelims stage will have to fill another form
- The application fee for the Mains stage is Rs 750 for General Category and Rs 200 for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates
- Most of the information in the application form will be pre-populated from the Prelims Application
- Candidates have to fill the form and download the same.
- Candidates have to take a printout of the Mains form and attach the self-attested copies of mark sheets and certification. After signing on the marked places, candidates have to send the hard copy of Mains application along with the payment receipt to the Bihar Public Service Commission before the last date mentioned in the BPSC notification
- For more information, candidates should go through the BPSC notification for Mains
BPSC Admit Card
The admit card for BPSC Exam will be released a month before the examination. 65th CCE Mains revised dates are yet not out. Hence, the date of the release of the admit card will also be delayed. To stay updated with the BPSC Admit Card details, candidates can check the linked article
BPSC Posts and Salaries
The BPSC post and salaries (pay scale) will be given in the notification. The detailed recruitment details along with the posts and salaries can be found in BPSC Notification page.
To prepare for other government exams; check the links below:
BPSC Related Queries
What is the BPSC Exam?
What is the eligibility for the BPSC Exam?
BPSC Age Limit is:
- Minimum age limit – 22
- Maximum Age Limit – 37
Check BPSC Eligibility in the linked article.
How many subjects are there in the BPSC Exam?
To get details of other PSC Examinations, candidates can check the table below: