BPSC stands for the Bihar Public Service Commission. The BPSC conducts recruitment exams to fill Group A, B, C posts in the state administration of Bihar.
Among the various exams, the Combined Competitive Exam (CCE) is one of the most prestigious and tough exams. Via the CCE, the BPSC recruits for about 20 posts and services.
In this article, aspirants can find information about BPSC, the online application process, BPSC notification and other pertinent details related to the BPSC CCE.
Important information for BPSC 2018 Prelims qualified candidates:
Table of Contents:
- About BPSC
- BPSC Exams
- BPSC Combined Competitive Exam
- Online Application
- Admit Card
- Posts and Salaries
The Bihar PSC is a constitutional body under Article 315 of the Indian Constitution.
The BPSC came into existence in 1949 after its separation from the Orissa and Madhya Pradesh commissions. It is mandated to assist the state government in matters of recruitment, transfers and disciplinary actions.
The BPSC headquarters at the time of its inception was located in Ranchi which was later shifted to Patna, the state capital.
At present, the composition of BPSC is Chairperson plus six other members. The current BPSC chairman is Sri Shishir Sinha who was appointed in April 2018.
BPSC Contact Details are as follows:
- Address: 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bailey Road, Patna – 800001
- Official Website: http://bpsc.bih.nic.in and https://onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in/main/home
- Phone: 0612-2215795 and +91-9297739013
Few of the BPSC Exams in the exam year 2019 are listed below:
- Assistant Director, Agriculture Engineering
- Assistant Director, Horticulture
- Assistant, BPSC (Main) Competitive Exam
- Assistant Professor (Urdu)
- Assistant Engineer, Mechanical (Preliminary) Competitive Exam
- 30th Bihar Judicial Services Main (Written) Competitive Exam
- Assistant Engineer (Civil)
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
- 64th Combined Main (Written) Competitive Exam
- 65th Combined (Pre) Competitive Exam
The detailed information, notification, vacancies, eligibility, syllabus, and online application can be found on the official BPSC website.
The BPSC Exam is conducted on similar lines as the IAS Exam. The exam pattern of BPSC CCE is given below:
- Stage 1 – Prelims – 150 marks (Objective Type)
- Stage 2 – Mains – 900 marks (Descriptive Theory)
- Stage 3 – Interview – 120 marks (Oral)
Candidates should go through the detailed BPSC Exam Pattern at the linked article.
The 65th Combined Competitive Examination Preliminary Examination date has been announced by BPSC.
For complete details on the BPSC Exam date, refer to the linked article.
Currently, the BPSC 2018 (64th CCE) is underway. The BPSC Prelims 2018 was conducted on December 16, 2018, at 808 exam centers across 35 districts of Bihar.
The BPSC Mains 2018 is scheduled to be held in the last week of June 2019.
BPSC Exam Dates and Details can be found in the following table:
|BPSC Syllabus||Read/download the detailed BPSC Syllabus for Prelims and Mains|
|BPSC Eligibility||The BPSC Eligibility Criteria comprises:
Check the complete BPSC Eligibility Criteria here
|Start of BPSC Online Application for 64th CCE (Prelims)||August 3, 2018|
|Last date of complete form submission||September 10, 2018|
|BPSC Admit Card released on||November 27, 2018|
|BPSC 2018 Prelims||December 16, 2018|
|BPSC Pre Result||February 24, 2019|
|Start of BPSC Online Application for 64th CCE (Mains)||March 12, 2019|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of Mains application||May 13, 2019|
|BPSC Preparation||Get study material including daily current affairs here|
For 64th Combined Competitive Exam, find the PDFs of Prelims and Mains notification below:
Salient Points related to BPSC Online Application:
- For the first stage of the BPSC exam i.e. the Prelims, candidates have to submit the online application before the last date mentioned in the notification
- The online application fee for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates is Rs 150 for BPSC Pre
- Even though candidates have to fill another form if they clear Prelims, the choice of Optional Subject for Mains needs to be entered in the Prelims Application Form
- Candidates have to first open the official BPSC website and register for the exam
- The next day after registration, candidates can pay the fee online
- The next day after paying the fee, candidates have to fill the application form online
- BPSC will not entertain any requests regarding changing of details entered by candidates in the form
- Candidates should double check the entered Email Id and Mobile Number
- The User Name and Password generated as part of the registration process should be noted down by the candidates
- Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature (Hindi and English)
- After submitting the online application for BPSC Prelims, candidates should log in again and click on “Download Filled Application Section” on the dashboard
- Download the filled application and take two printouts for safekeeping
- For all exam related details, candidates should refer the BPSC notification
- Candidates who clear the Prelims stage will have to fill another form
- The application fee for the Mains stage is Rs 750 for General Category and Rs 200 for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates
- Most of the information in the application form will be pre-populated from the Prelims Application
- Candidates have to fill the form and download the same.
- Candidates have to take a printout of the Mains form and attach the self-attested copies of mark sheets and certification. After signing on the marked places, candidates have to send the hard copy of Mains application along with the payment receipt to the Bihar Public Service Commission before the last date mentioned in the BPSC notification
- For more information, candidates should go through the BPSC notification for Mains
Steps to download BPSC Admit Card:
The BPSC e-Admit Card is usually released on the official website 2-3 weeks before the date of the exam.
- Candidates have to navigate to the official site (www.onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in)
- Login using the User Name and Password generated during the registration process
- After login, select the appropriate BPSC Admit Card in the tab and download the same
- The candidates have to take a print out in “Letter Page Size” only
- The BPSC Admit Card will contain two pages. The first page will have all the exam specific details, date and candidates’ information while the second page has important information for candidates
- Candidates should go through the instructions carefully
- Candidates can reach out to the BPSC in case of any difficulties.
The BPSC post and salaries (pay scale) will be given in the notification. The following posts and pay scales are as per the BPSC 64th Combined Competitive Exam Notification.
Candidates can also check the IAS Syllabus as there is significant overlap with the BPSC exam pattern and syllabus.