BPSC stands for the Bihar Public Service Commission. The BPSC conducts recruitment exams to fill vacancies in the state administration of Bihar.
In this article, we will list out the complete eligibility criteria for Bihar PSC Civil Service Exam.
The BPSC Eligibility Criteria comprises:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Physical Fitness
Candidates can check the updated eligibility criteria in the BPSC notification for the particular exam.
As the BPSC Exam is modelled on the IAS Exam, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, aspirants may check the UPSC Eligibility Criteria here.
The BPSC State Service Exam or the Combined Competitive Exam is the common entry point for about 20 services.
The following eligibility conditions are there, for the 69th Combined Competitive Exam.
67th BPSC CCE/BPSC 2021 Notification:-Download PDF Here
BPSC Exam Eligibility
The BPSC Age Limit for General Category male aspirants is:
- Minimum Age – 20, 21 and 22 years
- Maximum Age – 37
The upper age limit for BPSC is given in the table:
|Category||BPSC Upper Age Limit|
|General Category – Male||37 years|
|General Category – Female||40 years|
|BC/OBC (Male, Female)||40 years|
|SC/ST (Male, Female)||42 years|
The age limit and other BPSC eligibility criteria vary for different services and categories:
|Post/Service Name||Minimum Age|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||20 years|
|District Commander||20 years|
|Prison & Correctional Services Inspector||22 years|
|State Tax Assistant Commissioner, Commerce (Tax Department Under Election Officer)||22 years|
|Department Under Election Officer (Election Department Planning Officer)||22 years|
|Planning Officer/District Planning Officer (Gazetted), Labour Resources Department||22 years|
|Officer, Sugarcane Industries Department||22 years|
|Probation Officer||21 years|
|Rural Development Officer||21 years|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||21 years|
|Block SC/ST Welfare Officer||21 years|
|Supply Inspector||21 years|
|State Transport Officer||21 years|
|Officer, Urban Development & Housing Department||21 years|
Important points regarding BPSC Age Limit:
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts as long as candidates full the age criteria.
- For government employees who have been in continuous service for at least three years:
- Number of Attempts: 3
- Relaxation in Upper Age Limit: 5 years
- For Persons with Disability (PwD), the upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
- Ex-servicemen who are not above 53 years of age, can avail BPSC age relaxation of three years plus the number of years in service.
NCC cadets, ex-officers can see the details in Hindi here:
The Educational Qualification as per the BPSC Eligibility Criteria is:
- A Graduate Degree from a recognised University or
- An equivalent qualification
The Physical Eligibility Criteria is:
|Bihar Police Service||Minimum Height
For claiming benefits under reservation, candidates need to:
- Have a Bihar Domicile
- Mention the reservation category in the BPSC online application
The SC/ST category aspirants seeking reservation need to present the following documents:
- Caste Certificate
The BC/OBC aspirants seeking reservation need to present the following documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
Eligible candidates can go through the links below for more information on BPSC 2020-21 :
- BPSC Exam – Know the exam dates, notification details, application process etc.
- BPSC Exam Pattern – Check the updated exam pattern for Combined Competitive Exam (Prelims and Mains)
- BPSC Syllabus – Read/download the BPSC Syllabus PDF for Prelims and Mains 2019.
- BPSC Preparation – For books, notes, and other study material including daily Current Affairs.
- BPSC Result – For BPSC 64th CCE, 65th CCE, 66th CCE and 67th CCE results’ updates.
- BPSC Exam Dates – Download the latest BPSC Exam Calendar 2020-21.
- BPSC Admit Card – For BPSC 65th CCE admit card and steps to download the admit card with dates of admit card release; check the linked article.
Candidates should also go through the details of IAS Exam, as there is a significant overlap in exam pattern and eligibility conditions.
Can a resident of Jharkhand can apply for BPSC Exam?