In this article, Civil Service aspirants can find the exam details regarding RPSC RAS including 2020 Calendar, Eligibility Details, Recruitment/Advertisement, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, Old Question Papers and Free Study Material.
Table of Contents:
- RPSC Exam Calendar 2020
- RAS Posts
- Apply Online
- RAS Exam Dates
- RAS Eligibility Criteria
- RAS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
In the Indian administrative setup, the vacancies are filled at both state and central level.
The Union Public Service Commission assists the Central Government in recruitment matters. The UPSC Civil Service Exam (also called the IAS Exam) is the entry point for prestigious posts and services such as Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service etc.
Along with the UPSC, the Constitution of India (Article 308 – Article 323) includes provisions for establishing State Public Service Commissions.
The State PSCs are modelled on the lines of the UPSC and they assist the respective state governments in recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary matters.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) was established in August 1949. The RPSC is located at Ajmer.
The merger of princely states meant that any PSCs (or similar bodies) pre-existing in the constituent states were abolished once the RPSC came into effect.
Initially, the commission comprised of one Chairperson and two members and the first Chairman of RPSC was Sir SK Ghosh.
At present, the RPSC comprises one Chairperson along with seven members. The current Chairman of RPSC is retired IAS officer Deepak Upreti.
RPSC Contact Details:
- Official Website – https://www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Address – Ghooghara Ghati, Jaipur Road, Ajmer 305001
- Phone – 0145-2635200
- Helpline – 0145-2635212
The RPSC Exam Dates for the year 2020 are given below:
- RAS Notification 2020: 1st Week of April (Tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Prelims) Exam 2020: June/July 2020 (Tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Mains) Exam 2020: August 2020 (Tentative)
The RPSC Exam Dates for the exam year 2019 are given below:
- RAS/RTS (Mains) Exam 2018: June 25 and 26, 2019
- Senior Teacher – Special Edu. Exam 2018 (Secondary Education Department) (TSP): July 3, 2019 – July 5, 2019
- Lecturer – School Exam – 2018 (Secondary Education Department): July 15, 2019, to July 19, 2019, and July 22, 2019, to July 25, 2019
- Physiotherapist Screening Test 2018 (Medical and Health Department) (TSP and Non-TSP): July 30, 2019
- Lecturer-School Exam- 2018 (Sanskrit Edu. Deptt.): August 6 – August 9, 2019
- State Engineering Services Mains Exam 2018: August 19 – August 23, 2019
- ACF and Range Officer Gr- I Exam 2018: August 28 – August 31, 2019, and September 2 – September 5, 2019
For information, exam dates, application, results, and answer keys for all examinations conducted by the RPSC, candidates can visit the official site.
On the site’s homepage, hover the cursor over the tab “Candidate Information” and click on the “Exam Dashboard” in the dropdown menu which appears.
One of the exams conducted by RPSC is the RAS/RTS Combined Competetive Exam which is also known as the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam.
The RPSC RAS Exam is conducted to fill Group A and Group B vacancies in the state of Rajasthan.
The RAS exam is the common entry point for the following posts and services:
|State Services||Subordinate Services|
|RAS – Rajasthan Administrative Service||Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service|
|RPS – Rajasthan Police Service||Tehsildar|
|Rajasthan Account Service||Raj. Planning Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Industry Service||Raj. Temple Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan State Insurance Service||Raj. Excise Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Cooperative Service||Raj. Commercial Tax Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service||Raj. Fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Jail Service||Raj. Cooperative Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Planning Service||Raj. Women and Child Dev Subordinate|
|Rajasthan Women And Child Development||Jail Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies||Social Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Rural Development Service||Raj. Labour Welfare Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Women Dev||District Minority Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Minority Service||Raj. Programme Officer|
|Rajasthan Excise (General)|
|Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)|
You can find the posts, eligibility details, exam pattern etc in the official recruitment notification which is expected to be out in April 2020.
How to apply for RAS 2020?
- To apply online for the RAS/RTS exam, candidates have to select the “Recruitment Portal” on the SSO portal of the official website (https://rpsc.rajasthan/gov.in/applyonline)
- Candidates can apply for the exams after completing the One-Time-Registration
- The Application Id will be generated once the candidates fill the application form and pay the fee
- The Fee for the RAS exam is given below:
- General – Rs 350
- OBC – Rs 250
- SC/ST – Rs 50
- Aspirants can view the official RPSC Online Application Submission/Edit process with eMitra/CSC/Online payment mechanism guidelines:- Download PDF Here
The important dates for RAS Exam 2020, 2019 and RAS Exam 2018 are given below:
|RAS Exam 2018||RAS Exam 2019||RAS Exam 2020|
Over the last few years, the RAS exam has been mired in controversies. There have been delays in the last three exam iterations. Reports suggest that the RPSC will have to publish a revised result for RAS Pre 2018 as well and the Mains 2018 exam can be further delayed.
Candidates should regularly check the official website for the latest RPSC news.
The eligibility criteria for the RAS exam will be given in the official notification.
To be eligible for the RAS Exam, candidates should be:
- Citizens of India
- Domicile of Rajasthan (for claiming reservation benefits)
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 40 years
- Educational Qualification – Graduate Degree
- No. of Attempts – No restriction till the age criteria is satisfied
To read in detail about the eligibility criteria and Age Limit Relaxation for various categories, check our RAS Eligibility page.
The RAS exam pattern is modelled loosely on the UPSC IAS exam. The RAS exam comprises three stages:
- Interview/Personality Test
The first stage is the RAS Pre Exam. In this stage, there is only one paper for 200 marks.
There are 150 MCQs in the paper and the time duration is of 3 hrs.
Candidates can go through the detailed RAS exam pattern for Prelims and Mains here.
The RAS syllabus for Prelims consists of History, Geography, Polity, Economy and Current Affairs related to both India and Rajasthan in particular.
Few questions on Reasoning and Mental Ability are also part of the Prelims Exam.
Candidates who clear the RAS Pre reach the Mains stage of the examination.
In RAS Mains, there are 4 theory papers for a total of 800 marks.
|Paper I||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies – III||200||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Hindi and General English||200||3 hours|
Candidates should read and download the detailed RAS Syllabus for Prelims and Mains from the linked article. Also, find free study material, current affairs and book list on our RAS syllabus page.
After the Mains stage, comes the Personality Test. It is conducted by the RPSC panel and is for 100 marks. The interview aims to check the candidate’s suitability for the administrative career.
To understand the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the RAS exam, aspirants can go through the previous years’ question papers.
RAS Pre 2018 question paper PDF:- Download PDF Here
Find RPSC question papers for RAS Exam (Prelims and Mains) 2018, 2016 and 2013 at the linked article.