Rajasthan Administrative Services (Prelims) Examination 2021 will be conducted on 27th and 28th October 2021.
RPSC conducts the RAS/RTS Combined Competitive Exam which is also known as the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam. RAS full form is Rajasthan Administrative Services. The RPSC RAS Exam is conducted to fill Group A and Group B vacancies.
RPSC RAS Exam 2021 – Latest Updates
- RPSC RAS Notification 2021 has been released. The application process began on 4th August 2021. The details about RPSC Recruitment are discussed in the linked article.
- RAS 2018 Final Result is out. Details about the RAS topper and RPSC Result PDF can be found in the linked article.
In this article, Civil Service aspirants can find the following exam details regarding RPSC RAS:
RPSC RAS Exam Details
Some important details about the RAS Exam are:
- RAS Exam is loosely modeled on the exam pattern of the IAS Exam.
- RPSC RAS Exam has three stages:
- Preliminary – Unlike UPSC IAS Exam, RPSC RAS has only one paper in the preliminary exam, having 150 objective questions for 200 marks. The duration of the prelims examination is 3 hours.
- Mains – There are four theory papers in RAS Mains for 200 marks each.
- Personality Test/Interview – It is of 100 marks. (To understand the RPSC RAS Exam Pattern in detail, check the linked article.)
- RAS Age Limit: 21 years is the minimum age limit, while 40 is the maximum age limit. To know the age limit relaxation, visit the RPSC RAS Eligibility page now.
RAS Exam Dates 2021
The important dates for RAS Exam 2021 are given below. Candidates can also check the exam dates of RAS 2018, results of which have already been announced.
|RAS Exam 2018||RAS Exam 2021|
Download previous years’ RAS Question Papers to aid your preparation now.
RPSC RAS Posts 2021
The RAS exam is the common entry point for the following posts and services:
|State Services||Subordinate Services|
|RAS – Rajasthan Administrative Service||Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service|
|RPS – Rajasthan Police Service||Tehsildar|
|Rajasthan Account Service||Raj. Planning Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Industry Service||Raj. Temple Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan State Insurance Service||Raj. Excise Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Cooperative Service||Raj. Commercial Tax Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service||Raj. Fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Jail Service||Raj. Cooperative Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Planning Service||Raj. Women and Child Dev Subordinate|
|Rajasthan Women And Child Development||Jail Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies||Social Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Rural Development Service||Raj. Labour Welfare Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Women Dev||District Minority Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Minority Service||Raj. Programme Officer|
|Rajasthan Excise (General)|
|Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)|
How to apply for RAS 2021?
- To apply online for the RAS/RTS exam, candidates have to select the “Recruitment Portal” on the SSO portal of the official website (https://rpsc.rajasthan/gov.in/applyonline)
- Candidates can apply for the exams after completing the One-Time-Registration
- The Application Id will be generated once the candidates fill the application form and pay the fee
- The Fee for the RAS exam is given below:
- General – Rs 350
- OBC – Rs 250
- SC/ST – Rs 50
- Aspirants can view the official RPSC Online Application Submission/Edit process with eMitra/CSC/Online payment mechanism guidelines:- Download PDF Here
RPSC & UPSC
In the Indian administrative setup, the vacancies are filled at both state and central levels. The Union Public Service Commission assists the Central Government in recruitment matters. The UPSC Civil Service Exam (also called the IAS Exam) is the entry point for prestigious posts and services such as Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service etc. Along with the UPSC, the Constitution of India (Article 308 – Article 323) includes provisions for establishing State Public Service Commissions. The State PSCs are modelled on the lines of the UPSC, and they assist the respective state governments in recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary matters.
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) was established in August 1949. The RPSC is located at Ajmer.
- The merger of princely states meant that any PSCs (or similar bodies) pre-existing in the constituent states were abolished once the RPSC came into effect.
- Initially, the commission comprised of one Chairperson and two members and the first Chairman of RPSC was Sir SK Ghosh.
- At present, the RPSC comprises one Chairperson along with seven members. The current Chairman of RPSC is Retired IPS, Dr. Bhupendra Singh
RPSC Contact Details
- Address – Ghooghara Ghati, Jaipur Road, Ajmer 305001
- Phone – 0145-2635200
- Helpline – 0145-2635212
For other PSC Exams, candidates can check the table below:
|Karnataka PSC Exam||UPPSC PCS Exam|
|MPSC Exam||TNPSC Group 1 Exam|
|APPSC Group 1 Exam||BPSC Exam|
|WBPSC Exam||JPSC Exam|
|GPSC Exam||MPPSC Exam|
|Kerala PSC Exam||PSC Exams|