The latest update related to RPSC RAS Exam:
- RAS Interview 2018 Revised Dates Out – The interview of RPSC RAS [TSP/Non TSP] 2018 falling between 19th April and 30th April 2021, and 3rd May and 7th May 2021 were postponed. Revised RAS Interview 2018 Dates are out. RAS Interview 2018 will take place between 21st June and 13th July 2021.
- RPSC RAS Interview Notice [11th June 2021]:-
- RAS Call Letter 2018 Out – The commission has released the RPSC RAS Interview Letter for candidates who are going to take RAS Interview 2018. Candidates can check the direct link to download the e-call letter for the RPSC Interview of RAS 2018 in the linked article.
- RAS Mains 2018 Result – On Rajasthan High Court Order, the commission has released the RAS Mains 2018 Result Preamble and Cut Off on 12th March 2021. Earlier, the High Court had revoked the RAS Mains 2018 result that was declared on 9th July 2020.
- The RPSC RAS notification 2020-21 was expected in the first week of April but due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the release of notification has been postponed. The tentative month of release of RAS notification is October, however, no official announcement has been made. Aspirants can keep a check on the official website: https://www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/ (To check the eligibility criteria for RAS Exam, refer to the linked article.)
In this article, Civil Service aspirants can find the following exam details regarding RPSC RAS:
|RAS Exam Details|
|RAS Exam 2020-21|
|RAS Exam Dates|
|How to Apply for RPSC RAS ?|
|RAS Result- Check RAS Mains Result 2018|
RPSC RAS Exam Details
RPSC conducts the RAS/RTS Combined Competitive Exam which is also known as the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam. RAS full form is Rajasthan Administrative Services. The RPSC RAS Exam is conducted to fill Group A and Group B vacancies. Some important details about the RAS Exam are:
- RAS Exam is loosely modeled on the exam pattern of the IAS Exam.
- RPSC RAS Exam has three stages:
- Preliminary – Unlike UPSC IAS Exam, RPSC RAS has only one paper in the preliminary exam, having 150 objective questions for 200 marks. The duration of the prelims examination is 3 hours.
- Mains – There are four theory papers in RAS Mains for 200 marks each.
- Personality Test/Interview – It is of 100 marks. (To understand the RPSC RAS Exam Pattern in detail, check the linked article.)
- Recently, the RAS 2018 exam process is taking place. The RAS notifications for 2019 and 2020 are not yet released by the commission. Read about RAS 2020-2021 below.
Download previous years’ RAS Question Papers to aid your preparation now.
The details of the RAS Exam will be updated here once the commission releases the latest RAS notification.:
- RAS Notification: July 2021 (Tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Prelims) Exam: September 2021 (Tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Mains) Exam: January 2022 (Tentative)
RPSC Exam Dates
RAS Exam Date for the year 2019 and 2020 will be announced by the commission with the RAS Notification 2019, 2020. RAS 2018 exam is undergoing with the personality test upcoming, and the dates were:
- RAS Exam Date of Prelims 2018 – 5th August 2018
- RAS Exam Date of Mains 2018 – 25th and 26th June 2019
- RAS Exam Date of Interview 2018 – 26th June to 13th July 2021
The important dates for RAS Exam 2020, 2019 and RAS Exam 2018 are given below:
|RAS Exam 2018||RAS Exam 2019||RAS Exam 2020|
RPSC RAS Posts
The RAS exam is the common entry point for the following posts and services:
|State Services||Subordinate Services|
|RAS – Rajasthan Administrative Service||Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service|
|RPS – Rajasthan Police Service||Tehsildar|
|Rajasthan Account Service||Raj. Planning Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Industry Service||Raj. Temple Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan State Insurance Service||Raj. Excise Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Cooperative Service||Raj. Commercial Tax Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service||Raj. Fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Jail Service||Raj. Cooperative Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Planning Service||Raj. Women and Child Dev Subordinate|
|Rajasthan Women And Child Development||Jail Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies||Social Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Rural Development Service||Raj. Labour Welfare Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Women Dev||District Minority Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Minority Service||Raj. Programme Officer|
|Rajasthan Excise (General)|
|Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)|
How to apply for RAS 2020-2021?
- To apply online for the RAS/RTS exam, candidates have to select the “Recruitment Portal” on the SSO portal of the official website (https://rpsc.rajasthan/gov.in/applyonline)
- Candidates can apply for the exams after completing the One-Time-Registration
- The Application Id will be generated once the candidates fill the application form and pay the fee
- The Fee for the RAS exam is given below:
- General – Rs 350
- OBC – Rs 250
- SC/ST – Rs 50
- Aspirants can view the official RPSC Online Application Submission/Edit process with eMitra/CSC/Online payment mechanism guidelines:- Download PDF Here
RAS Result – RAS 2018 Mains Result Out
Note: Candidates can download the RAS Result that was declared on 9th July 2020. Also, candidates must go through the latest news on the RAS Mains 2018 result which is given in the PDF below.
RAS Cut Off:
The commission has released the RAS cut off for Mains 2018 with the result. Candidates can check the image below briefing the RAS Cut Off 2018:
RAS Cut Off
|Category (TSP Area)||Cut-Off|
|Category (Non-TSP Area)||Cut-Off|
|Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service||224.75|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Subordinate Service||140.50|
|Rajasthan Food and Civil Logistics Subordinate Service||233.50|
|Rajasthan Cooperative Subordinate Service||180.50|
|Rajasthan Labour Welfare Subordinate Service||269.75|
|Worried about how to prepare for the RAS Exam?
It is not very difficult to prepare for the RAS Examination given you have the right strategy to prepare for the Rajasthan Administrative Services exam. The examination pattern is inclined towards the UPSC exam pattern and various topics included in the RAS exam syllabus are also broadly covered in the IAS exam. The right books, notes, and preparation tips are mentioned at the RAS preparation post. Candidates can check the post and learn how to prepare for the examination and increase the chances to crack it in the first attempt.
Check the RAS Preparation right now and start preparing!
RPSC & UPSC
In the Indian administrative setup, the vacancies are filled at both state and central level. The Union Public Service Commission assists the Central Government in recruitment matters. The UPSC Civil Service Exam (also called the IAS Exam) is the entry point for prestigious posts and services such as Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service etc. Along with the UPSC, the Constitution of India (Article 308 – Article 323) includes provisions for establishing State Public Service Commissions. The State PSCs are modeled on the lines of the UPSC and they assist the respective state governments in recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary matters.
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) was established in August 1949. The RPSC is located at Ajmer.
- The merger of princely states meant that any PSCs (or similar bodies) pre-existing in the constituent states were abolished once the RPSC came into effect.
- Initially, the commission comprised of one Chairperson and two members and the first Chairman of RPSC was Sir SK Ghosh.
- At present, the RPSC comprises one Chairperson along with seven members. The current Chairman of RPSC is retired IAS officer Deepak Upreti.
RPSC Contact Details
- Address – Ghooghara Ghati, Jaipur Road, Ajmer 305001
- Phone – 0145-2635200
- Helpline – 0145-2635212
For other PSC Exams, candidates can check the table below:
|Karnataka PSC Exam||UPPSC PCS Exam|
|MPSC Exam||TNPSC Group 1 Exam|
|APPSC Group 1 Exam||BPSC Exam|
|WBPSC Exam||JPSC Exam|
|GPSC Exam||MPPSC Exam|
|Kerala PSC Exam||PSC Exams|